Powell to Wigan ?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Powell to Wigan ?

Post by lurcher » 24 May 2018, 23:38

westerbeast wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Powells comments after tonight's match? my gut feeling is he won't be at Cas next Year.
Nothing he said had any indication he wants to leave.
He was livid, best making it short and sweet rather than get a fine.
What livid Cas got beat by a far better team? We've been beat many times before and he as always faced the cameras. Definateley more to this than just getting beat.
have to agree mate, its not just tonight with the ref, its been getting worse by the week.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 23:49

lurcher wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Powells comments after tonight's match? my gut feeling is he won't be at Cas next Year.
Nothing he said had any indication he wants to leave.
He was livid, best making it short and sweet rather than get a fine.
What livid Cas got beat by a far better team? We've been beat many times before and he as always faced the cameras. Definateley more to this than just getting beat.
have to agree mate, its not just tonight with the ref, its been getting worse by the week.
He was fine last week, so it’s not week on week.
Tell you what I’ve never sworn as much at a game like I did today. So if I was seething just think how DP was feeling.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 May 2018, 00:05

you're a potty mouth

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 May 2018, 00:07

lurcher wrote:you're a potty mouth
I know, really bad today.
Getting some right looks from the daughter.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 May 2018, 13:36

The key to Powell's future may rest in how well the players respond to what I saw as a very poor performance.

I accept players were out of position and we suffered further injury losses during the game but that doesn't explain some very poor defending which DP appeared to pick up on. If the players don't respond to him by saying to themselves, come on, let's pick ourselves up and do some graft, DP may well decide he's taken them as far as he can..?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 25 May 2018, 14:41

I would think if the club don't give him money to spend on bringing in new players that he wants, he would possibly consider his future at Castleford. He must be quite upset of all the goings on lately along with the list of injured players and playing people out of position.

Need a big response at Hull KR from the players also.
🐯 COYF!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 May 2018, 15:12

He will say that is sport. He used Hull as an example last night.

Let’s look at their team. He is the coach - he chooses where to play players. They aren’t bleating about it. You get injuries you have to fill the gaps or play untried kids.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 May 2018, 08:53

For all those worrying based on the bookies odds, Powell has now dropped to 10/1 with Betfred with

Shaun Edwards
John Winder
Wayne Bennett
Adrian Lam

All above him in the odds.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 27 May 2018, 09:17

I think wigan will throw money at Wayne Bennett to get him over hear and it will suit Wayne if hes still England coach
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 May 2018, 09:24

jackknife wrote:I think wigan will throw money at Wayne Bennett to get him over hear and it will suit Wayne if hes still England coach
Agree. But think it will actually be other way around. They will have someone temp in charge for next year (eg current coaching team) and then Bennett to take over 2020 full time when his Broncos contract up. His England contract also ends at end of 2019 so will be free to focus full time on club rugby again.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 May 2018, 09:39

HuddsTigers wrote:
jackknife wrote:I think wigan will throw money at Wayne Bennett to get him over hear and it will suit Wayne if hes still England coach
Agree. But think it will actually be other way around. They will have someone temp in charge for next year (eg current coaching team) and then Bennett to take over 2020 full time when his Broncos contract up. His England contract also ends at end of 2019 so will be free to focus full time on club rugby again.
Lam sounds good bet to me. He was spending a lot of time with Meninga at the World Cup. Was as you would expect very friendly with Lenahan and a Wigan legend
Wouldn’t be at all surprised

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 May 2018, 13:50

I've a feeling it will be a short term contract with lockers eventually stepping in.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 28 May 2018, 09:54

I wouldn’t have put DP as a quitter until he achieves with Cas as he has pride. Never seen him so flustered though at post match and probably down to let down poor performances out on the field.

Saints have the hex on us this year and that seemed to transfer psychologically and most likely by Barba’s performances so far as a major worry with the team.

If every player stands his ground in position and not get pulled out of their defined defensive position and ensure they move in a lined unit, we should be able to defend better (not rocket science!). How many tries get scored by wingers getting sucked in and leaving their opposing winger free - lots !

Don’t forget we were doing over teams last year as Saints are to us this year and Saints/Leeds got over it OK, so let’s not worry too much - Cas are a match for any side and DP will get them buzzing again and forget blow out scores, as it’s a lot harder now with teams competing more.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 May 2018, 12:00

Can’t see the cheats going for Bennett.
Can see them going for a Lam Pie!

Just as an aside, id put Barba out of the game with foul play :D
Audacter Et Sincere