Recruitment

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Recruitment

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Aug 2018, 16:05

Qlt had a offer on table for next season ...then it was removed from table so he will be offski
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Aug 2018, 16:08

We will have one of the strongest squads if not the strongest squad for 2019 season ...
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Aug 2018, 16:28

tigerfeat wrote:We will have one of the strongest squads if not the strongest squad for 2019 season ...
So far its not much different to this years and its not the strongest. Saints and wire have better.

QLT, springer and webster i reckon are off so whos replacing them then to make us stronger ?

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Aug 2018, 17:31

fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:We will have one of the strongest squads if not the strongest squad for 2019 season ...
So far its not much different to this years and its not the strongest. Saints and wire have better.

QLT, springer and webster i reckon are off so whos replacing them then to make us stronger ?
In order; Steady, Crooksy and Arthur A!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Aug 2018, 18:17

fords wrote:

I think myself when you think of the numbers some of the players will get it will be the squad with the greatest depth hopefully there will be a couple more good signings to come as well
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Aug 2018, 18:47

tigerfeat wrote:
fords wrote:

I think myself when you think of the numbers some of the players will get it will be the squad with the greatest depth hopefully there will be a couple more good signings to come as well
not sure that answers the question. our cap is almost full, wont be signing anyone unless some leave.

saints is better than ours and looks like it will still be next year

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Aug 2018, 19:08

Kheirellah
Minikin
Maut'utia
Shenton
Eden
Truman
Gale
Watts
Mcshane
Millington
Holmes
Mcmeeken
Milner
Foster Moors Sene lafao Massey Clark Wardle cook Roberts Ellis...plus them I will have missed out
Fair squad that for mine
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Aug 2018, 20:26

fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
fords wrote:

not sure that answers the question. our cap is almost full, wont be signing anyone unless some leave.

Cap goes up next year so space to make at least one quality signing before anyone leaves.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Aug 2018, 21:22

fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
fords wrote:

Have saints got the best SQUAD though?better 17 maybe but better SQUAD I don’t think so.could saints handle no Barba Richardson makinson and Jones missing for a period of time?then another different 4 or 5,players playing out of position,introducing new players into the team.i honestly don’t think they would have

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 15 Aug 2018, 21:29

Scoopage wrote:
fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
fords wrote:

Have saints got the best SQUAD though?better 17 maybe but better SQUAD I don’t think so.could saints handle no Barba Richardson makinson and Jones missing for a period of time?then another different 4 or 5,players playing out of position,introducing new players into the team.i honestly don’t think they would have
Think they have handled Jones missing well, since he left in 2015. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Aug 2018, 23:19

QLT, springer and webster i reckon are off so whos replacing them then to make us stronger ?[/quote]
I think myself when you think of the numbers some of the players will get it will be the squad with the greatest depth hopefully there will be a couple more good signings to come as well[/quote]

Have saints got the best SQUAD though?better 17 maybe but better SQUAD I don’t think so.could saints handle no Barba Richardson makinson and Jones missing for a period of time?then another different 4 or 5,players playing out of position,introducing new players into the team.i honestly don’t think they would have[/quote]

Think they have handled Jones missing well, since he left in 2015. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
Meant Thompson lol

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 16 Aug 2018, 07:25

With the exception of Walmsley the injury bug has been very kind to their players.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 16 Aug 2018, 07:33

MØL wrote:
fords wrote:No Springer again in 19. Not aware that he's injured so to me that says he off end of year.

Springer, QLT, Webster to go

Bring this guy in

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/la ... ue-switch/

Back line of
Coote
Minikin
Mata’utia
Shenton
Eden
Gale
Trueman

Should still have room for another prop then

If Webster, Q, Springer and Roberts go what about...

Kheirallah (Wells seems to really want him)
Lineham (Rumoured a couple of times for us this season)
Mata'utia
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
McShane
Kopzcak‎ (would fit in well with the squad and would allow for a better rotation of the pack)
Holmes‎
McMeeken
Milner

Foster
Millington
Moors
Sene-Lefao‎‎

Reserve's Squad:
Turner
Gill
Minikin
Egodo
Clare
Ellis‎
Aston
Cook
Butterworth
Clark
Massey‎
Wardle
O'Neill

Maher
Storey
Douglas
Carr

I feel even without another prop in the sqaud if Wardle doesn't book his ideas up he will be a costly back up player. I know injury hasn't helped him at all, hopefully next season he'll produce.

If not Kopzcak and if Powell is wanting another project type of player and requires one in the role of a prop with Springer rumoured to be going and with Maher needing a miracle season in 2019 to stay on. How about a punt for Greg Richards at Leigh. Low wage, super league experience might straight away be an improvement on Springer, Green and Maher. Not saying he's starting 17 but could be a decent squad player. Still only 23.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 16 Aug 2018, 11:55

If you take the squad at the start of this season and look at the start of next, then Watts replaces Springer, Clark for Green and Mata'utia for Webster,
cum on you Ford

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Aug 2018, 12:18

Clark and Green we’re both part of the squad at the start of the season though so you can’t really include that one I don’t think. I’d also add that if we can afford Watts and Springer mid-season then we have money to replace him too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Aug 2018, 13:00

Aid wrote:If you take the squad at the start of this season and look at the start of next, then Watts replaces Springer, Clark for Green and Mata'utia for Webster,
if its Mata'utia for Webster then we will have no FB still

If Mata'utia plays FB then we need a centre as i'm sure Webster will be off

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Aug 2018, 13:02

webster going to bradford int he
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Aug 2018, 13:15

tigerfeat wrote:webster going to bradford int he
Maybe that could be a good fit for him to look at doing a similar thing to Liam Finn next season with his dual role between Newcastle and Wakefield? Jake could play for Bradford but work in a part time off field role at Cas? Just a thought.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Aug 2018, 14:43

any body think its time for minikin to slot in at centre for next season. I think we signed him as a centre and he covered the season shenny was out. bulked up last close season and if he puts a bit more timber on this year he could be the answer.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Aug 2018, 16:44

lurcher wrote:any body think its time for minikin to slot in at centre for next season. I think we signed him as a centre and he covered the season shenny was out. bulked up last close season and if he puts a bit more timber on this year he could be the answer.
I'm with you Lurcher, Minikin is a centre for me.