taulima tautai

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: taulima tautai

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 Jul 2018, 15:54

derbystiger wrote:The number Ellis wears on his back contributes to most of the negativity towards him in my opinion. I think we are all fairly much in agreement that he is a decent 'back up half', however as a first choice SL half he simply isn't good enough. He gives 100%, but that isn't enough at the top level. Wearing number 6 suggests that he is first choice. If he had, lets say 23, on his back (no comparison to Goldy there by the way), suggesting he was a squad player then I don't think he'd get the stick that he does. A 3 year deal and number 6 shirt means he was signed as a first choice halfback, which he clearly isn't - never has been, never will be.
But Powell thought differently when he was eager to bring Jamie back to partner Gale.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 24 Jul 2018, 16:33

Ellis may make you all including me Eat your own words yet :D

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 24 Jul 2018, 17:46

derbystiger wrote:The number Ellis wears on his back contributes to most of the negativity towards him in my opinion. I think we are all fairly much in agreement that he is a decent 'back up half', however as a first choice SL half he simply isn't good enough. He gives 100%, but that isn't enough at the top level. Wearing number 6 suggests that he is first choice. If he had, lets say 23, on his back (no comparison to Goldy there by the way), suggesting he was a squad player then I don't think he'd get the stick that he does. A 3 year deal and number 6 shirt means he was signed as a first choice halfback, which he clearly isn't - never has been, never will be.
Give over, so people are calling him shht, fat n a disgrace because hes wearing number 6
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Jul 2018, 18:32

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Wow, how awful are some of the comments above. It's bad enough to criticise a player but to make it personal, derogatory and absolutely rude, is downright disgusting. I'm so glad you're all wonderfully perfect that you never make any mistakes, or don't have a bad at work. I'm also so glad that your appearances are all beauty to behold to us all.

Shame on you guys. So called Castleford family club indeed.
Yep. Pretty poor. He is by no means a disgrace. Not a choice SL half but certainly not as bad as some make out.
I agree pretty nasty stuff

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Jul 2018, 18:36

Mysterio wrote:Chant

'Dis-grace to the El-Lis name, dis-grace to the El-lis name.....' repeat

idiot.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Jul 2018, 18:37

Fumper27 wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:The good Ellis was known as Singe the M_nge, anyone got a good nickname for the current Ellis ???
Nothing too rude !!!
Ellis, the useless fat tw@

another Idiot.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2018, 20:04

Casmoley wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:The good Ellis was known as Singe the M_nge, anyone got a good nickname for the current Ellis ???
Nothing too rude !!!

another Idiot.
Please tell why I am an idiot? Because I don’t subscribe to the “everything is great” mantra that most on here do? I can probably count on one hand the number of good games Jamie Ellis has had in a Cas shirt in BOTH his spells at the club. We need to be aiming for a better quality of player if we want to be amongst the top teams on a continual basis.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Jul 2018, 20:16

Fumper27 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Nothing too rude !!!

another Idiot.
Please tell why I am an idiot? Because I don’t subscribe to the “everything is great” mantra that most on here do? I can probably count on one hand the number of good games Jamie Ellis has had in a Cas shirt in BOTH his spells at the club. We need to be aiming for a better quality of player if we want to be amongst the top teams on a continual basis.

you will come across hundreds of good bad and terrible players in a Cas shirt. But to call any one (that you wouldn't say to their face) 'a useless fat tw@t' says a lot about you as a person. I bet you don't support the state of mind round.

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 24 Jul 2018, 20:29

Well said Casmoley, I thought Ellis was very poor on Friday yet he doesn't deserve the vitriol shown by some on this forum.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Jul 2018, 20:37

North Leeds Tiger wrote:Well said Casmoley, I thought Ellis was very poor on Friday yet he doesn't deserve the vitriol shown by some on this forum.

it's ridiculous. Family club? We can all have a laugh and joke but some people take things over the top. Shame the big bosses on here don't say anything about personal abuse.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2018, 20:53

Casmoley wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Nothing too rude !!!

another Idiot.

you will come across hundreds of good bad and terrible players in a Cas shirt. But to call any one (that you wouldn't say to their face) 'a useless fat tw@t' says a lot about you as a person. I bet you don't support the state of mind round.
I have zero issue saying anything to anyone’s face. Never hve, never will. One thing I aren’t is one of those silly little keyboard warriors who say one thing on here and then another in public. Why wouldn’t I support the state of mind round??

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Jul 2018, 20:58

you're happy to call someone a useless fat tw@t, and you say you'd say it to his face. I'm sure that would do his state of mind very well if there were a 100 like you shouting that at him. Have a word with yourself.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jul 2018, 21:02

What an awful human being.

Bet you would be the first to whinge on here if one of the Cas staff members called you names to your face though. Or if someone said something to one of your family members.

I respect opinions and everyone is entitled to their own on performances but when it becomes personal, when you don’t even know Jamie, that crosses a line. I as a fan disassociate myself with this and will not tolerate fellow fans dragging the name of our club down, and I hope the club don’t do either. Personal abuse is NOT welcome at Castleford Tigers.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Jul 2018, 21:06

HuddsTigers wrote:What an awful human being.

Bet you would be the first to whinge on here if one of the Cas staff members called you names to your face though. Or if someone said something to one of your family members.

I respect opinions and everyone is entitled to their own on performances but when it becomes personal, when you don’t even know Jamie, that crosses a line. I as a fan disassociate myself with this and will not tolerate fellow fans dragging the name of our club down, and I hope the club don’t do either. Personal abuse is NOT welcome at Castleford Tigers.

imagine being Jamie's son and asking his dad 'why are they calling you a useless fat tw@t dad!?'

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jul 2018, 21:12

The thing is, as much as he didn’t play well, he wasn’t the worst either. He actually tried, he got on the scoresheet and made the Hudds defence work. And I believe journalists also gave him a higher rating than some others too.

Fat shaming isn’t OK. Yes, a lot of people don’t help themselves but this is a professional sportsperson who has always been a bit bigger. If his fitness wasn’t up to scratch I’m sure the club would have tried helping him. But everyone has different body shapes and not everyone is fat because they are overweight or what they eat. It’s just the way they are.

Karma is a bitch and I’m a firm believer it will come back to bite people one day.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 24 Jul 2018, 22:29

Yes my post was harsh and ill conceived. It’s borne of frustration I suppose.
It’s unfair to have a go at him.
Personally, I would just hope that we’re able to move him on to a team better suited to his skills.
Im a good judge, and the harsh reality is imo he’s not good enough for Castleford Tigers long term
Cas Moley, love you mr softy :lol:
Audacter Et Sincere

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Jul 2018, 22:34

Mysterio wrote:Yes my post was harsh and ill conceived. It’s borne of frustration I suppose.
It’s unfair to have a go at him.
Personally, I would just hope that we’re able to move him on to a team better suited to his skills.
Im a good judge, and the harsh reality is imo he’s not good enough for Castleford Tigers long term
Cas Moley, love you mr softy :lol:

Takes a big man to apologies (wether you mean it or not) and we certainly all say things when we are frustrated. But some things are taken a little far. I can annoy folk on here but I'd never personally attack anyone. Friendly Mole!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jul 2018, 22:38

Agreed, kudos to you Mysterio. We all have times where we get frustrated but not one person should be singled out for Friday. The team as a collective were embarrassing.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Jul 2018, 13:34

Hudds/Moley

You’re right. Thanks for the comments.
We ALL seem to forget sometimes I suppose that players don’t ever try to perform poorly and have exactly the same feelings as us.
Because they’re rough and tough we imagine they don’t suffer. They obviously do, and me/us getting on at someone whomclealey wants to do well Is not kind nice or productive.

Good luck Jamie. Shove it up em!
Audacter Et Sincere

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Jul 2018, 13:50

Good stuff Mysterio