Konrad Hurrell

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Re: Konrad Hurrell

Post by Tigerwood posse » 18 Oct 2018, 14:25

To Be fair, Hurrell was released by New Zealand Warriors because he wasn't playing well for a while, rumour as it that he wasn't going to be playing NRL for the TITANS at all next year anyway after being dropped for a young rookie most of 2018, he would have been plying his trade in the queensland cup competition, his name is bigger than his performances these days, much bigger.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 18 Oct 2018, 14:42

Seen a lot of fans saying his fitness is not up to scratch and that these day's he doesn't play many games due to struggling with it.
🐯 COYF!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Oct 2018, 17:13

Tigerman2014 wrote:True but Saints / Wolves and Catalan have kept a lot of there talent bar 1 or 2 who won’t have been massive earners and added better to there squad we’re spending far too much on squad players for sure
As I posted on another thread:

Warrington have lost Roberts and released 7 others.
Saints have lost Wilkin, Barba, Smith and rumoured to be offering out Amor.

These things are cyclical. All the players that got us to the Grand Final are now wanted men as well as themselves knowing their value has increased. Cas have retained the bulk of their squad. It is only ever a case of refinements. We have some big earners coming off contract at the end of 2019 which should allow us space to recruit again.

You say we are spending more on squad players. Well I think we have one of the best top 25 man squads in Super League. Most teams you reference have 17/18 and then they are into kids.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Oct 2018, 17:19

HuddsTigers wrote:
Tigerman2014 wrote:True but Saints / Wolves and Catalan have kept a lot of there talent bar 1 or 2 who won’t have been massive earners and added better to there squad we’re spending far too much on squad players for sure

These things are cyclical. All the players that got us to the Grand Final are now wanted men as well as themselves knowing their value has increased. Cas have retained the bulk of their squad. It is only ever a case of refinements. We have some big earners coming off contract at the end of 2019 which should allow us space to recruit again.

You say we are spending more on squad players. Well I think we have one of the best top 25 man squads in Super League. Most teams you reference have 17/18 and then they are into kids.

Who are the big earners coming off contract 2019

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Oct 2018, 17:27

Shenton, Roberts, Cook, Minikin, Springer. That should free up some cap space.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 18 Oct 2018, 17:29

Catalan have apparently lost there best player in Drinkwater and replaced him with Matty Smith, that's terrible business lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Oct 2018, 17:33

HuddsTigers wrote:Shenton, Roberts, Cook, Minikin, Springer. That should free up some cap space.
I hope minikin really goes up a notch next year and everybody is hoping he re-signes
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Oct 2018, 17:39

HuddsTigers wrote:Shenton, Roberts, Cook, Minikin, Springer. That should free up some cap space.
So you take it all them players will leave.
I’d keep cook and minikin.
Shenton Roberts and springer can go for me.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Oct 2018, 17:43

old cas lass wrote:
So you take it all them players will leave.
I’d keep cook and minikin.
Shenton Roberts and springer can go for me.
No but of the 5 the only one likely to command a higher salary is Minikin, if he performs well.

Shenton and Cook are now into their 30s and it could be their last contracts. But I reckon both will be offered less than what they are on now. Reckon Roberts will go. Springer has one season to save himself if we don’t offload him before. Either way, I reckon we could free up around £200k from these alone.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Oct 2018, 17:54

Some on social media going ott with hurill I've seen him have some bloody awful games
Vince Lombardi

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 18 Oct 2018, 17:58

I’d like to think that Roberts wouldn’t be offered terms and that as said Shenton and Cook reduced but acceptable terms , as for Gadwin I’d love it to work out and he becomes the player we have seen in small glimpses but I’d be selling now as it stands

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Oct 2018, 22:54

HuddsTigers wrote:

For me our outside backs are pretty poor with the exception of peanut and Eden I wouldn't think many clubs would be trying to jump at signing any of our other outside backs imo

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 18 Oct 2018, 23:57

Tigerman2014 wrote:I’d like to think that Roberts wouldn’t be offered terms and that as said Shenton and Cook reduced but acceptable terms , as for Gadwin I’d love it to work out and he becomes the player we have seen in small glimpses but I’d be selling now as it stands
Gadwin has gone to toronto

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Oct 2018, 08:47

100% agree with this

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Oct 2018, 08:49

HuddsTigers wrote:

And that 25 has failed to deliver in the last 2 seasons in the "big" games and we now find ourselves in a position we cant sign anybody to improve that situation as we have spent up.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2018, 09:01

Quality not quantity we should be looking at now to move our sens forward that will mean relying on our young players more which also will move the club forward in my humble
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Oct 2018, 09:54

fords wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

And that 25 has failed to deliver in the last 2 seasons in the "big" games and we now find ourselves in a position we cant sign anybody to improve that situation as we have spent up.
The same 25 that has been in the top 4 two seasons running you mean?

I don’t know about your expectations but they have surpassed or met expectations in both seasons. Mine was to finish in the top 4 last season, knowing full well that it was going to be totally different to the year before. We achieved that.

We don’t have the same resources as Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Leeds and Hull who all get 10,000+ home fans every week and are bigger clubs financially. In all probability in terms of finances and revenue we are probably the 6th biggest club. Therefore to be within 80 minutes of a Grand Final or even make one is a huge achievement.

We are now able to spend the salary cap but that means refinement season on season as players come off contract, retire and come up for renewal. It also means that younger ones demand higher wages due to success and as they are coming into the peak of their careers.

Every team carries squad players - they are there for a reason. Experience, reliability and good value on the cap. People like Clare (who people now seem to have a thing against) haven’t let us down, or have we conveniently forgot the try saving tackle he made in the last home game?

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 19 Oct 2018, 10:36

HuddsTigers wrote:
fords wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

The same 25 that has been in the top 4 two seasons running you mean?

I don’t know about your expectations but they have surpassed or met expectations in both seasons. Mine was to finish in the top 4 last season, knowing full well that it was going to be totally different to the year before. We achieved that.

No one is arguing that they have by and large got us to the top 4 twice and I agree that it is a great achievement.

What people are saying is we obviously need more if we are going to kick on to the next level and win a grand final and/or challenge cup as outlined in the 3 year plan.

I don’t think our squad needs an overhaul,just fine tweaking that’s all people are saying Hudds, we are allowed to disagree with you you know?!

We don’t have the same resources as Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Leeds and Hull who all get 10,000+ home fans every week and are bigger clubs financially. In all probability in terms of finances and revenue we are probably the 6th biggest club. Therefore to be within 80 minutes of a Grand Final or even make one is a huge achievement.

We are now able to spend the salary cap but that means refinement season on season as players come off contract, retire and come up for renewal. It also means that younger ones demand higher wages due to success and as they are coming into the peak of their careers.

Every team carries squad players - they are there for a reason. Experience, reliability and good value on the cap. People like Clare (who people now seem to have a thing against) haven’t let us down, or have we conveniently forgot the try saving tackle he made in the last home game?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2018, 11:07

im sick of hearing were not as big as other clubs i suppose if you say it often enough it gets into the players heads we were clear 8pt favourites to win last years grand final and never performed as we should the coach as admitted there is a mental weakness in big games
we have to stop patting ourselves on the back and look to keep moving forward no reason we cant dominate the game over the next few seasons if we can get rid of the small team mentality
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Oct 2018, 11:31

On the face of it, it looks like a real good signing and they look to have two good centres if Watkins comes back firing. They still only have briscoes on the wings and a poor pack.

Apparently Hurrell is a marquee player and another one to come. Still a lot of questions about the coach and major squad changes.