Talanoa

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Talanoa

Post by westerbeast » 22 Dec 2018, 17:04

Hull let Watts go, he hasn't turned out too bad :shock:

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 22 Dec 2018, 20:31

westerbeast wrote:Hull let Watts go, he hasn't turned out too bad :shock:

Why did they let him go? Think they regretted it ever since and certainly not replaced him. It was a disciplne decision! Maube he wasnt happy with the situation at hull. Like Wardle at cas maybe. I dont think Talanoa is in that position, hes just a makeweight in a deal that suits them and huddersfield more than it does us IMO. It could turn out to be good for us or it could turn out to be another quota signing that we're stuck with for a couple of years! Personally think there's a better deal for us somewhere.
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Dec 2018, 22:25

SWISS TONY!! wrote:

Why did they let him go? Think they regretted it ever since and certainly not replaced him. It was a disciplne decision! Maube he wasnt happy with the situation at hull. Like Wardle at cas maybe. I dont think Talanoa is in that position, hes just a makeweight in a deal that suits them and huddersfield more than it does us IMO. It could turn out to be good for us or it could turn out to be another quota signing that we're stuck with for a couple of years! Personally think there's a better deal for us somewhere.
Maybe you should have John Wells job then if you know best. Everyone is welcome to their opinion but Cas is a small club with little money and can't just buy 2 marquee players like some other clubs. Judge them at the end of 2019 not the start ](*,)

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 23 Dec 2018, 12:58

westerbeast wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:

Maybe you should have John Wells job then if you know best. Everyone is welcome to their opinion but Cas is a small club with little money and can't just buy 2 marquee players like some other clubs. Judge them at the end of 2019 not the start ](*,)
:clap: :clap:
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 23 Dec 2018, 14:01

bane73 wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:

Who said anything about a marquee player? My point was why should we get lumbered with Talanoa just so hull can sign the player they want? Id rather keep Wardle and see if he can improve on last year and wait for a deal that suits us better! IF Powell and Wells decide that Talanoa was the target all along then fair enough i just dont see it being the case
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Dec 2018, 14:38

Don't no about being target all along more who's still left we might be able to bring in , I honestly would wait now till next year identify the players we won't and hopefully be able to sign them rarther than carry on like this ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 23 Dec 2018, 18:45

SWISS TONY!! wrote:
bane73 wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:

Who said anything about a marquee player? My point was why should we get lumbered with Talanoa just so hull can sign the player they want? Id rather keep Wardle and see if he can improve on last year and wait for a deal that suits us better! IF Powell and Wells decide that Talanoa was the target all along then fair enough i just dont see it being the case
Don't understand this "target" idea. The only way that Cas could target a player would be by deciding which player you want and then offering silly money to prise him away from his current. Alternative you can keep an eye on players coming out of contract and then offer him a higher salary than either his current club or other suitors. In the real world Cas keep an eye out for "bolters" Players who have fallen out of favour with the current club (Hardaker a good example) or coach tired of alleged poor behaviour (Watts) or club has financial problems Matautia and Leigh!) On top of that you spot talent going free, (Minikin, McMekeen, Foster, Mitch Clarke) It is a strategy which is working pretty well.

For whatever reason it has not worked for Wardle or Cas, if Joe goes and that enables Cas to bring in what we ALL agree we need, a quality back, (we might not all agree that Talanoa is that, but that is down to Jon Wells and the Coach) then I will be content with it.
cum on you Ford

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 23 Dec 2018, 22:00

The thing is there's no cast iron proof that Wardle wants to go. Someone on this forum said that but people say all sorts on here. When he was fit Powell played him. If he as done what people on here are saying he would have got no where near the starting 17. Powell does not stand for any crap so I won't believe anything till Cas announce something.