Daniel Smith

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Daniel Smith

Post by Flat Capper » 28 Mar 2019, 13:46

We're sh......poor and we know we are..!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Mar 2019, 13:46

It's wonderful berating someone when nothing has been announced and/or we don't know the facts.

He tried signing Sa'u in the off-season but seems Salford priced us out of that. He tried signing Wiliame last year but it seems he wanted too much cash.

We don't know who is available nor what money we have to spend. And let's look at the bigger picture here.There's a lot of long-term planning that goes into squads. Who's off contract at the end of this year?

Tuoyo Egodo
Will Maher
Kieran Gill
Mitch Clark
Greg Minikin
Cory Aston
Matt Cook

Now speaking hypothetically as well, it's very possible that there's long term planning at play here and we're actually looking at replacements for the top two. Minns in for Egodo and Smith in for Maher. Two players who can challenge for a first-team spot, replacing two players who aren't really pushing at the moment. Without spending more or breaking the bank.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Mar 2019, 15:15

2017 we had the chance to dominate the game for few years to come but for one reason or another we seem to be letting the chance slowly pass
Anyway I'm off to the emerald headinley looking forward to seeing Turner hope he stacks a claim to be our full -back
COYF
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 28 Mar 2019, 15:16

Signings like Smith may not be inspiring to some Cas fans, however, I'm quite happy that when injuries hit, which to be fair to us at the minute, seems to be game by game, someone with Super League experience like Smith can slot in. Other teams are having to field youngsters with no experience at all. It's no good for the club or young lad being thrown in at the deep end.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 28 Mar 2019, 16:18

heritage1926 wrote:Signings like Smith may not be inspiring to some Cas fans, however, I'm quite happy that when injuries hit, which to be fair to us at the minute, seems to be game by game, someone with Super League experience like Smith can slot in. Other teams are having to field youngsters with no experience at all. It's no good for the club or young lad being thrown in at the deep end.
This :clap:
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 28 Mar 2019, 16:31

It's always been Cameron not Daniel that had huge potential.

If its a squad player until the end of the year. Fine. My worry been we will end up signing more players up who aren't good enough.

Already have Ellis. Aston. Maher. Egodo. Rankin. Clarkson. Who none of the top clubs would touch. Add Smith and Minns.

We aren't making progress.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 28 Mar 2019, 16:41

dettoriman wrote:It's always been Cameron not Daniel that had huge potential.

If its a squad player until the end of the year. Fine. My worry been we will end up signing more players up who aren't good enough.

Already have Ellis. Aston. Maher. Egodo. Rankin. Clarkson. Who none of the top clubs would touch. Add Smith and Minns.

We aren't making progress.
Bit harsh on clarkson but rest i agree can all go end of season.

Rankin id keep unless we can bring in better

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 28 Mar 2019, 17:40

I hope this is an early April Fool, Daniel Smith is a below average SL player, like other posters on here, I'm becoming very concerned that we are becoming a dumping ground for Craig Harrison's clients.

It does appear that our scouting network is as narrow as James Clare's defence.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Mar 2019, 18:02

Jonny1975 wrote:I hope this is an early April Fool, Daniel Smith is a below average SL player, like other posters on here, I'm becoming very concerned that we are becoming a dumping ground for Craig Harrison's clients.

But he’s an improvement on Will Maher if that’s who he is to replace...

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2019, 18:22

Fumper27 wrote:
Jonny1975 wrote:I hope this is an early April Fool, Daniel Smith is a below average SL player, like other posters on here, I'm becoming very concerned that we are becoming a dumping ground for Craig Harrison's clients.

But he’s an improvement on Will Maher if that’s who he is to replace...
If he’s here to replace Maher then fair do’s.
Does that mean Maher is off at the end of the season.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Mar 2019, 18:27

More likely Cook to retire at end of season and us replacing him with Smith which in my opinion is going backwards.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 28 Mar 2019, 19:16

It would appear that way (That craig can just ship anyone off to us) Well apart from when he was getting Zak to sign up with Wigan that is

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Mar 2019, 22:13

jackknife wrote:More likely Cook to retire at end of season and us replacing him with Smith which in my opinion is going backwards.
Hope not. Cook has been our best forward today

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 28 Mar 2019, 23:28

jackknife wrote:More likely Cook to retire at end of season and us replacing him with Smith which in my opinion is going backwards.
I think tonight cooky was one of our best forwards tonight and gave us alot of go forward

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Mar 2019, 23:35

lidds wrote:

It would appear that way (That craig can just ship anyone off to us) Well apart from when he was getting Zak to sign up with Wigan that is
The Craig Harrison Tigers. Were cheap mediocrity is a must.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 29 Mar 2019, 00:25

AS MY PREVIOUS POST THE CLUB LACKS BEING PROFESSIONAL THEY SHOULD REPLY TO THESE POSTS AND JUST TO ADD THERE WAS A MAJOR CLUB POOL DRAW WHY DOES IT TAKE SOME TIME BEFORE THE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 29 Mar 2019, 00:40

laner wrote:AS MY PREVIOUS POST THE CLUB LACKS BEING PROFESSIONAL THEY SHOULD REPLY TO THESE POSTS AND JUST TO ADD THERE WAS A MAJOR CLUB POOL DRAW WHY DOES IT TAKE SOME TIME BEFORE THE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED
Is this a joke?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Mar 2019, 00:45

duke street 10 wrote:
lidds wrote:

The Craig Harrison Tigers. Were cheap mediocrity is a must.
Its like nero fiddling were carrying on making the same mistakes to see a cas side so far off that garbage we were playing tonight in the first half was embarrising to watch
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 29 Mar 2019, 00:50

SREGITSAC wrote:
laner wrote:AS MY PREVIOUS POST THE CLUB LACKS BEING PROFESSIONAL THEY SHOULD REPLY TO THESE POSTS AND JUST TO ADD THERE WAS A MAJOR CLUB POOL DRAW WHY DOES IT TAKE SOME TIME BEFORE THE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED
Is this a joke?
No just stating the obvious

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 29 Mar 2019, 12:57

laner wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
Is this a joke?
No just stating the obvious
Why would the club post on a fan forum full of nonesensical rumours?