David fifita

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: David fifita

Post by casjunction » 16 Apr 2019, 11:02

Not sure how players with such short careers can afford to turn down big offers.
Fair play to him if he did.
Certainly seems to be happy where he is.
He's a great player love his attitude.
Great asset on and l would imagine off the feild.
Really is a tonic.
Shame we don't have the lad.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Apr 2019, 11:43

If he stays at Wakefield id be surprised if that deal won't be as good as he could have got elsewhere ...or close too
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 16 Apr 2019, 17:05

Signed a new three year deal with an option of another twelve months at the end as I understand it

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 16 Apr 2019, 18:44

Is that you Jinj to this forum or Fifita to wakey ?.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 16 Apr 2019, 19:42

North Leeds Tiger wrote:Is that you Jinj to this forum or Fifita to wakey ?.
Bit of both mate. :lol:

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 16 Apr 2019, 20:01

Good signing for player and club , he's found a home and he's in good form. Happy for wakey that he has signed , dont think there was any real chance he would have left.

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Apr 2019, 00:01

fantastic signing for wakey and a bit of a statement. probably my favourite none cas player.
ive no doubt on thursday we'll give him the "you fat bar steward" chant and he'll ram it down our throats with his usual smile. looks every inch a cas player but it was not to be. but you never know.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 17 Apr 2019, 10:49

Theyve just announce kyle woods extension so they are tying up players to long contracts

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 18 Apr 2019, 22:37

Man of Steel performance tonight :lol:
Always in third man on tackles. Crabs across pitch looking for a halfback to pick out and run at. Gives away Adz Milner style pens. I know who I would pick if it's between him and Wattsy every day of the week.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Apr 2019, 22:46

Had a newbie come for the first time today.
He’s more of a union man, but his wife is a cas lass, so trying to convert him.

He said ‘that number 8 doesn’t like to tackle does he’
Nail on head, like as been said he only comes in when either the opposition is stood in the tackle or going down.
Give me watts everyday of the week.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 18 Apr 2019, 22:55

old cas lass wrote:Had a newbie come for the first time today.
He’s more of a union man, but his wife is a cas lass, so trying to convert him.

He said ‘that number 8 doesn’t like to tackle does he’
Nail on head, like as been said he only comes in when either the opposition is stood in the tackle or going down.
Give me watts everyday of the week.
Totally agree. Once they got some momentum he suddenly stepped up and bust a couple of tackles but doesn't do the hard graft when the chips are down. Looks all flash when they are battering sides. Seems a bit of a flat track bully.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Apr 2019, 23:38

old cas lass wrote: Give me watts everyday of the week.
Old enough to be his grandma OCL :oops:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Apr 2019, 23:39

Fumper27 wrote:
Cheeky bugger.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Apr 2019, 23:40

old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Cheeky bugger.
True though :o :)

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 20 Apr 2019, 13:04

Bolton-tiger wrote:Theyve just announce kyle woods extension so they are tying up players to long contracts

They can afford to give some big contracts now they have come into some money

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2019, 09:35

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Man of Steel performance tonight :lol:
Always in third man on tackles. Crabs across pitch looking for a halfback to pick out and run at. Gives away Adz Milner style pens. I know who I would pick if it's between him and Wattsy every day of the week.
Interesting, I watched the Good Friday game this morning and thought exactly the same about Watts, I understand that you have injuries and that's why Watts is playing the ball handling prop, but, Watts was second or third man in regularly, I also thought he'd gone off in the second half he was that anonymous. As for picking out a half back, nothing new there, teams have done this as far back as I can remember. I also noticed Fifita creaming Watts twice, I never saw Watts give him the same back, it's strange how we all see things differently. :lol:

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 26 Apr 2019, 10:11

JIN JER wrote:
Interesting, I watched the Good Friday game this morning and thought exactly the same about Watts, I understand that you have injuries and that's why Watts is playing the ball handling prop, but, Watts was second or third man in regularly, I also thought he'd gone off in the second half he was that anonymous. As for picking out a half back, nothing new there, teams have done this as far back as I can remember. I also noticed Fifita creaming Watts twice, I never saw Watts give him the same back, it's strange how we all see things differently. :lol:
Im sure that you must have noticed then how fifita made less tackles than his usually averages, less tackle busts than his game average and less metres (almost down by 50) than his game average - taking his average gain down to 6M rather than his usual 7+.
Whereas Watts made more tackles than his usual game average, the same tackle busts as his average & the same metres as his average - taking his average gain up to 8M from 7+. As well as adding a try assist to his game
This is even more remarkable considering he was anonymous (through your eyes) in the second half. That’s one hell of a 40 minute stint!
I couldn’t find a stat for “creaming” but I would’ve thought it would be reflected in a tackle bust or metres gaine stat, but fifita was down on both these stats so wasn’t sure what he gains from “creaming” ;)
Maybe Cas fans were just expecting a bit more from the big bopper, considering the press he’s had & picked up on his below average performance when up against Wattsy! ;) ;)

Disclaimer : this a bit of fun! Both are great players.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2019, 15:06

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Im sure that you must have noticed then how fifita made less tackles than his usually averages, less tackle busts than his game average and less metres (almost down by 50) than his game average - taking his average gain down to 6M rather than his usual 7+.
Whereas Watts made more tackles than his usual game average, the same tackle busts as his average & the same metres as his average - taking his average gain up to 8M from 7+. As well as adding a try assist to his game
This is even more remarkable considering he was anonymous (through your eyes) in the second half. That’s one hell of a 40 minute stint!
I couldn’t find a stat for “creaming” but I would’ve thought it would be reflected in a tackle bust or metres gaine stat, but fifita was down on both these stats so wasn’t sure what he gains from “creaming” ;)
Maybe Cas fans were just expecting a bit more from the big bopper, considering the press he’s had & picked up on his below average performance when up against Wattsy! ;) ;)

Disclaimer : this a bit of fun! Both are great players.
And in the end that was what I was clumsily getting at Cas fans thought Fifita was over rated and played second fiddle to Watts, I thought Watts was over rated and second fiddle to Fifita, would I have Watts in the Trinity team? In a shot, would Cas fans like Fifita in there team, of course they would. :lol:

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 26 Apr 2019, 17:59

Would be the best prop combination in the league, but don’t tell Saints fans!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 26 Apr 2019, 19:00

Wattsy won MOM. Again :lol: 8)