David fifita

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: David fifita

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2019, 09:35

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Man of Steel performance tonight :lol:
Always in third man on tackles. Crabs across pitch looking for a halfback to pick out and run at. Gives away Adz Milner style pens. I know who I would pick if it's between him and Wattsy every day of the week.
Interesting, I watched the Good Friday game this morning and thought exactly the same about Watts, I understand that you have injuries and that's why Watts is playing the ball handling prop, but, Watts was second or third man in regularly, I also thought he'd gone off in the second half he was that anonymous. As for picking out a half back, nothing new there, teams have done this as far back as I can remember. I also noticed Fifita creaming Watts twice, I never saw Watts give him the same back, it's strange how we all see things differently. :lol:

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 26 Apr 2019, 10:11

JIN JER wrote:
Always in third man on tackles. Crabs across pitch looking for a halfback to pick out and run at. Gives away Adz Milner style pens. I know who I would pick if it's between him and Wattsy every day of the week.
Interesting, I watched the Good Friday game this morning and thought exactly the same about Watts, I understand that you have injuries and that's why Watts is playing the ball handling prop, but, Watts was second or third man in regularly, I also thought he'd gone off in the second half he was that anonymous. As for picking out a half back, nothing new there, teams have done this as far back as I can remember. I also noticed Fifita creaming Watts twice, I never saw Watts give him the same back, it's strange how we all see things differently. :lol:
Im sure that you must have noticed then how fifita made less tackles than his usually averages, less tackle busts than his game average and less metres (almost down by 50) than his game average - taking his average gain down to 6M rather than his usual 7+.
Whereas Watts made more tackles than his usual game average, the same tackle busts as his average & the same metres as his average - taking his average gain up to 8M from 7+. As well as adding a try assist to his game
This is even more remarkable considering he was anonymous (through your eyes) in the second half. That’s one hell of a 40 minute stint!
I couldn’t find a stat for “creaming” but I would’ve thought it would be reflected in a tackle bust or metres gaine stat, but fifita was down on both these stats so wasn’t sure what he gains from “creaming” ;)
Maybe Cas fans were just expecting a bit more from the big bopper, considering the press he’s had & picked up on his below average performance when up against Wattsy! ;) ;)

Disclaimer : this a bit of fun! Both are great players.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2019, 15:06

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Im sure that you must have noticed then how fifita made less tackles than his usually averages, less tackle busts than his game average and less metres (almost down by 50) than his game average - taking his average gain down to 6M rather than his usual 7+.
Whereas Watts made more tackles than his usual game average, the same tackle busts as his average & the same metres as his average - taking his average gain up to 8M from 7+. As well as adding a try assist to his game
This is even more remarkable considering he was anonymous (through your eyes) in the second half. That’s one hell of a 40 minute stint!
I couldn’t find a stat for “creaming” but I would’ve thought it would be reflected in a tackle bust or metres gaine stat, but fifita was down on both these stats so wasn’t sure what he gains from “creaming” ;)
Maybe Cas fans were just expecting a bit more from the big bopper, considering the press he’s had & picked up on his below average performance when up against Wattsy! ;) ;)

Disclaimer : this a bit of fun! Both are great players.
And in the end that was what I was clumsily getting at Cas fans thought Fifita was over rated and played second fiddle to Watts, I thought Watts was over rated and second fiddle to Fifita, would I have Watts in the Trinity team? In a shot, would Cas fans like Fifita in there team, of course they would. :lol:

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 26 Apr 2019, 17:59

Would be the best prop combination in the league, but don’t tell Saints fans!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 26 Apr 2019, 19:00

Wattsy won MOM. Again :lol: 8)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Apr 2019, 20:59

did notice that when astons kick richocheted off reynolds and he went clear it was watts who was first back to get on reynolds. and that was almost at the end off the game.
jo brand is eddie warings love child