Wigan after Mitch Clark

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Wigan after Mitch Clark

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 May 2019, 07:17

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9751703

Also interesting nugget about the salary cap rising to £2.1m next season (extra £100,000). Should get another player on the cap?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Wigan after Mitch Clark

Post by tigerfeat » 07 May 2019, 07:27

We're going to end up losing Clark he should have been signed up again ages ago obvious top clubs would be after him when they could he's going to be a top player
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 07 May 2019, 07:29

HuddsTigers wrote:https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9751703

Also interesting nugget about the salary cap rising to £2.1m next season (extra £100,000). Should get another player on the cap?
If we let Clark slip through our fingers then questions have to be asked about Wells’ position.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 May 2019, 07:31

Questions should have been asked about that a while back
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 May 2019, 07:49

All Wigan have to do now is offer more money then what we have.
Why wasn’t he signed up months ago.
To slow to catch a cold is our club.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 May 2019, 08:00

It took over a year from knowing Jake Webster was leaving to getting a centre replacement so no one will be surprised at this headline
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 May 2019, 08:14

The club may have offered him a deal he’s knocked back. He may have told the club he wants to explore his options. He may even be demanding an increase that we don’t think is right or is OTT.

Hypothetically, if he’s on say £50k now and wants £80k do you think he’s worth that extra £30k? For an impact sub taking up an overseas spot? I like Clark and he deserves an upgrade but I think there are limits. He’s not an 60-70 min player like Watts.

Wigan may be throwing the kitchen sink at him financially, in which case the club do right to explore their options too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 May 2019, 08:18

It's all ready been reported on here and I for one believe it that he was only offered a "poor " new contract at cas
Unbelievable
Vince Lombardi

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 07 May 2019, 08:24

For me hes to much of a good player to let go.hes still only 26 so hes still got his best years ahead of him and hes only going to get better.if we lose clark and minikin who are both off contract and dont replace them with anyone better then for me the club has no ambition to go forward.id love to see mitch stay and play for cas because we dont have a player with his aggression in our forwards execpt watts.they are..lets say to soft with how the run but mitch throws everything into runs and tackles.big loss if we let him go

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 07 May 2019, 08:29

HuddsTigers wrote:The club may have offered him a deal he’s knocked back. He may have told the club he wants to explore his options. He may even be demanding an increase that we don’t think is right or is OTT.

Hypothetically, if he’s on say £50k now and wants £80k do you think he’s worth that extra £30k? For an impact sub taking up an overseas spot? I like Clark and he deserves an upgrade but I think there are limits. He’s not an 60-70 min player like Watts.

Wigan may be throwing the kitchen sink at him financially, in which case the club do right to explore their options too.
Gills wage would surely cover the increase in his contract.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 May 2019, 08:35

We may be looking to bring a top class overseas player in. Whether it be a winger or whatever..... Clark is a class prop and about to hit his prime. Not sure where we go here as I wouldn't want to over pay for him now teams are interested.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 07 May 2019, 08:40

Swagger wrote:We may be looking to bring a top class overseas player in. Whether it be a winger or whatever..... Clark is a class prop and about to hit his prime. Not sure where we go here as I wouldn't want to over pay for him now teams are interested.
"We may be looking to bring a top class overseas player in. Whether it be a winger or whatever"

Erm that would be a no ...

Clark should have been signed up ages ago, he may well have been and not released yet but i doubt it.

However as previously stated if Clark goes the club are an embarrassment.

Minikin i'd prefer to stay over Clare but again if he goes and is not replaced by better the club are going to find gates of 4k a pretty regular thing.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 07 May 2019, 08:42

HuddsTigers wrote:https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9751703

Don't forget though every player OOC this year is a target so means not alot really.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 May 2019, 08:44

fords wrote:
Swagger wrote:We may be looking to bring a top class overseas player in. Whether it be a winger or whatever..... Clark is a class prop and about to hit his prime. Not sure where we go here as I wouldn't want to over pay for him now teams are interested.
"We may be looking to bring a top class overseas player in. Whether it be a winger or whatever"

Clark should have been signed up ages ago, he may well have been and not released yet but i doubt it.

Minikin i'd prefer to stay over Clare but again if he goes and is not replaced by better the club are going to find gates of 4k a pretty regular thing.
Why would the club be an embarrassment? How do you know we haven't already offered him a rise but he declined it?? He may want to leave leaving us with no option here.
It may all be down to him why he hasn't signed up yet, not us.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 07 May 2019, 08:46

heritage1926 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:The club may have offered him a deal he’s knocked back. He may have told the club he wants to explore his options. He may even be demanding an increase that we don’t think is right or is OTT.

Mitch won’t be on £50k now and Gill won’t be on £30k - I think you over estimate how much players are paid. But hypothetically I get what HT is saying... we can want to keep a player but if he holds us to ransom should we give him what he wants or let him leave!? It’s not about keeping people at all costs, crikey there’s another 15 threads on here where we accuse the club of over paying players on new contracts.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 May 2019, 08:58

SREGITSAC wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:

Mitch won’t be on £50k now and Gill won’t be on £30k - I think you over estimate how much players are paid. But hypothetically I get what HT is saying... we can want to keep a player but if he holds us to ransom should we give him what he wants or let him leave!? It’s not about keeping people at all costs, crikey there’s another 15 threads on here where we accuse the club of over paying players on new contracts.
Wo hang on a minute you said two weeks ago the club had only offered Clark a poor contract and we would be crazy not to keep him????
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 07 May 2019, 09:01

Swagger wrote:
fords wrote:

Why would the club be an embarrassment? How do you know we haven't already offered him a rise but he declined it?? He may want to leave leaving us with no option here.
Because we should be looking to retain our best players.

We have Milo and Moors both 32 at least so wont be long before they are done. Clark is 26, massive, powerful and has aggression (about the only one other than Watts).

If your happy for the club to let him go that's fine each to there own but let me remind you we keep re-signing Maher but yet were ok letting Clark go......

Obviously don't know the in's and out's of the negotiations and its a story in a paper so who knows what's even going to happen with it. Guess we will find out soon enough.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 May 2019, 09:06

SREGITSAC wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:

Gills wage would surely cover the increase in his

You and your mate can try and put a positive spin on everything if you want that's up to you but don't try and suggest Clark wanted a shed load of money when you've all ready said he was only offered a poor new contract by cas
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 07 May 2019, 09:19

Swagger wrote:
fords wrote:

And it wouldn't surprise me if we have offered him a poor deal yet were happy to over pay the likes of Shenton, Holmes, Milner :roll:

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 07 May 2019, 09:21

SREGITSAC wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:

Clark and Gill's combined wages will be under 60k.