Wigan after Mitch Clark

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Wigan after Mitch Clark

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Jun 2019, 09:51

heritage1926 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:?..posing in their new teams colours. Seeing Mitch in a Wigan shirt and holding a scarf, saying how much he’s looking forward to getting stuck in with them next season, doesn’t sit well with me. The same applies for any player doing the same. Not a fan of it.
Has this actually happened? I have very similar views to be honest and think it’s a bit disrespectful to a player’s current club. I didn’t like it when Rangi did the same when he moved to Salford and I thought it was a bit odd for Adam Swift to do the same last week when his move to Hull was announced.
Generally I have no problems with players signing elsewhere for the following season and continuing to play for their current club. But the player needs to be mindful that he’s employed by his current club and not give the impression he’s just biding his time until he moves.
It's on Wigans social media mate.
Hmmmm. The article I read just had him wearing a black hoody stood in a stand at the DW.
I raised eyebrows at his comments about how much he’s looking forward to next season, but I think we have to remember that players are in a bit of a difficult position with this one. He’s not said “I can’t wait to leave Cas” - he needs to put a positive spin on things for his new club. He can’t very well come out with “well, Wigan offered me the most money over the most number of years so I signed for them”, even though that’s usually the truth of the matter almost every time a player signs a contract.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Jun 2019, 10:08

nottinghamtiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:?..posing in their new teams colours. Seeing Mitch in a Wigan shirt and holding a scarf, saying how much he’s looking forward to getting stuck in with them next season, doesn’t sit well with me. The same applies for any player doing the same. Not a fan of it.
Has this actually happened? I have very similar views to be honest and think it’s a bit disrespectful to a player’s current club. I didn’t like it when Rangi did the same when he moved to Salford and I thought it was a bit odd for Adam Swift to do the same last week when his move to Hull was announced.
Generally I have no problems with players signing elsewhere for the following season and continuing to play for their current club. But the player needs to be mindful that he’s employed by his current club and not give the impression he’s just biding his time until he moves.
Hmmmm. The article I read just had him wearing a black hoody stood in a stand at the DW.
I raised eyebrows at his comments about how much he’s looking forward to next season, but I think we have to remember that players are in a bit of a difficult position with this one. He’s not said “I can’t wait to leave Cas” - he needs to put a positive spin on things for his new club. He can’t very well come out with “well, Wigan offered me the most money over the most number of years so I signed for them”, even though that’s usually the truth of the matter almost every time a player signs a contract.
The most sensible and logical thing would be to not do these kind of things in the first place. Put's both player and the club in a predicament with the fans.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Jun 2019, 10:16

heritage1926 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
The most sensible and logical thing would be to not do these kind of things in the first place. Put's both player and the club in a predicament with the fans.
Trouble is, all that leads to is rumour and speculation, that can be equally as unhelpful. Everyone knows when a player’s contract is due to expire and if they don’t sign a new deal, it’s obvious they are moving elsewhere. These days, the RFL even publish a list of players who haven’t signed anywhere and those who have, so it’s obvious who is moving on.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 10:27

old cas lass wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

There’s a photo of him on the DW pitch with him holding a Wigan scarf.
He said something like, Wigan is a massive club and I can’t wait to get stuck in.

I think he means, Wigan have a big stadium with a massive history.
But at the minute they are pants :D
Wigan fans are more angry with the comings and goings than us theve made some weird signings not saying Clark is a poor signing think he will do well
Theve lost top players tho and not replaced them like for like don't matter who you are bad times will follow same at Leeds
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Jun 2019, 11:00

I believe Wigan have offered him 20k more a year, that’s 60k over the 3 years. That’s financially enticing for anyone. However, is he worth an extra 20k a year when he can’t do big minutes? I’d much rather give Wattsy an extra 20k a year and keep him in Cas colours (if the rumours of NRL clubs watching him are true). He's much more value for money.

I can see why Wigan fans would be questioning the signing. We'd be going crazy too if we offered a contract to an over seas player who's had minimal starting time. Can teams these days really afford to have quota spots sat on the bench?! Maybe Wigan can develop him in to a prop who plays more minutes, but then they won't get the most out of him.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 11:05

It's all about the opinion you have on players I feel he will develop into a good prop who will be more than a impact player anyway have to wait and see how he goes
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Jun 2019, 11:22

Looking at the posts on twitter following the announcement, their fans aren't happy. They are underwhelmed. To say the least.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Jun 2019, 11:43

mart0042 wrote:Looking at the posts on twitter following the announcement, their fans aren't happy. They are underwhelmed. To say the least.
In all fairness, they don't get to see him as much as we do. They will just presume that he's always injured, plays minimal minutes and taking up a quota spot. Which, when you put it like that, isn't far from the truth.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 11:49

heritage1926 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Looking at the posts on twitter following the announcement, their fans aren't happy. They are underwhelmed. To say the least.
In all fairness, they don't get to see him as much as we do. They will just presume that he's always injured, plays minimal minutes and taking up a quota spot. Which, when you put it like that, isn't far from the truth.
He's always injured are you having a laugh after what you said about Foster yesterday who never plays?
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Jun 2019, 11:56

tigerfeat wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
He's always injured are you having a laugh after what you said about Foster yesterday who never plays?
He's had some fairly lengthy spells out as Mitch. Regarding Foster, never said he wasn't injured. Just that he had time on his side still only being 25. Easier to over come injuries.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 11:59

He got clobbered I remember first carry up early in season naughty challange it was too...I can't say I recall him always been injured but my memorys fading fast tbf
Vince Lombardi

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 06 Jun 2019, 12:13

Let him sit at home not welcome at training and certainly not available for selection, don't go around parading another's teams colours midseason.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jun 2019, 12:55

TheSheriff wrote:Let him sit at home not welcome at training and certainly not available for selection, don't go around parading another's teams colours midseason.
Agreed. And there he is. Named in the squad.
I don’t care what anyone says, even if his stats don’t drop off, something psychologically will.
It’s all disgusting,

Needs clearing up by wells, the club stance,
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Jun 2019, 13:04

TheSheriff wrote:Let him sit at home not welcome at training and certainly not available for selection, don't go around parading another's teams colours midseason.
Is go the other way and play him so much that he’s knackered when he joins Wigan!!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 06 Jun 2019, 13:19

The big announcement day isn't getting a happy response from Wigan fans. I suspect they are jumping the gun and it will end with a big signing (probably Hastings). Clark, Bibby and extensions for Clubb :shock:, Burgess, Hankinson, Partington, Wells and Smithies so far.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 06 Jun 2019, 13:20

Must be a reason Cas have allowed him to be waving a Wigan scarf before he as even gone. Think there will be a player coming in and him leaving before this season is over ie Tuatai (Yes I dont know how to spell his name)
Fans seeing that can't wait to see that back of Clark and Cas will
listen too their fans of course :liar:

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 06 Jun 2019, 13:35

Get the impression it was all signed and sealed before Cas even knew about it.
🐯 COYF!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Jun 2019, 14:02

KB80 wrote:The big announcement day isn't getting a happy response from Wigan fans. I suspect they are jumping the gun and it will end with a big signing (probably Hastings). Clark, Bibby and extensions for Clubb :shock:, Burgess, Hankinson, Partington, Wells and Smithies so far.
Seen Wigans fans saying Watkins has signed. But most want Hastings to the big signing.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 06 Jun 2019, 16:44

If the consensus is to leave him out of the squad because he is going could really be an issue.
What would be the scenario if we had 6 out of contract first team members leaving at the end of the season, would you leave all of them out?
I think however if he doesn't figure in Darryl's selection let him go rather than pay him not to play.
Could use the quota spot and saved cash plus Gales dispensation money.
Assuming of course.
1 Gale becomes fit enough to play
2 He's going to Leeds and therefore should not be selected.
Unless of course Darlys going to Leeds along with his coaching team do there would be no one to select the team.
Far to confusing.
I'm glad my only role is supporting whoever pulls on the Black and Amber.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 06 Jun 2019, 17:51

casjunction wrote:If the consensus is to leave him out of the squad because he is going could really be an issue.
What would be the scenario if we had 6 out of contract first team members leaving at the end of the season, would you leave all of them out?
I think however if he doesn't figure in Darryl's selection let him go rather than pay him not to play.
Could use the quota spot and saved cash plus Gales dispensation money.
Assuming of course.
1 Gale becomes fit enough to play
2 He's going to Leeds and therefore should not be selected.
Unless of course Darlys going to Leeds along with his coaching team do there would be no one to select the team.
Far to confusing.
I'm glad my only role is supporting whoever pulls on the Black and Amber.
Like I was told when I was gutted Mitch was going rugby league is a short career got to do what's best for him 20k more a year is a lot of dough good luck then pal enjoy your new team been a great servant to the club bro can't wait till your pummeling us down the lane :evil: :shock: