Wigan after Mitch Clark

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Wigan after Mitch Clark

Post by mart0042 » 13 May 2019, 09:45

Fumper27 wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote: I guarantee that in les than 12 months the same fans who are upset now would be fuming at the club for paying him more than he’s worth; a la Adam Milner.
Nail and head!!!
Spot on. I can still hear the *that's me done if jsl leaves and we don't offer him the world *.

You can't keep them all. He's played 22 matches less than 59%of games and most off the bench. Love to keep him but backs have to be a priority.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 13 May 2019, 09:47

TheSheriff wrote:Mitch Clark is a quota space squad player who doesn't get in a full strength 17 at Cas, anyone who moans about him leaving are moaning for the sake of it. Especially when they don't know what replacements are lined up or what they want that quota space for.
Exactly right.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 13 May 2019, 09:49

Balboa1 wrote:Still stand by my opinion Clark has used the club as a stepping stone to greater things if true right choice? Who knows rugby is a short career but I just feel loyalty should come into it too and reward those that gave you a chance
Most players do that. It's a16 year career, gotta make the money in a short space of time.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 09:54

mart0042 wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:Still stand by my opinion Clark has used the club as a stepping stone to greater things if true right choice? Who knows rugby is a short career but I just feel loyalty should come into it too and reward those that gave you a chance
Most players do that. It's a16 year career, gotta make the money in a short space of time.
Loyal was people like Joyner not do a year or so then move on can see some of your point needs to put food on the table but still would av liked him a bit longer same as wish hardaker and Clark were still ere too

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 13 May 2019, 09:58

The way alot of cas fans are reacting on social media you'd have thought we'd let Sam Burgess or Taumalolo go lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 09:59

the machine wrote:The way alot of cas fans are reacting on social media you'd have thought we'd let Sam Burgess or Taumalolo go lol
:lol:

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 13 May 2019, 11:17

The only annoying thing which I can almost guarantee Wigan will argue and win is they'll get him taken off the quota.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 May 2019, 11:26

** Moved here, from the main forum **

Clark is a player that runs every ball as if his life depends on it. At the moment, there appear to be few players that have his aggression, and determination. I think that if more players showed his attitude when playing, then there possibly would not be as much disappointment or uproar following the news he's likely to be a pie eater next year.

As it stands, we're probably/possibly losing a grafter. I just hope some of the guys take heed of this and show they are in a privileged position as a professional rugby league player. People pay good money to watch them, so some of them need to have a word with themselves and start to give us value for our money. If they did, I think it would greatly soften the "Clark leaving" blow. Let's face it, he's an impact player (and we have a few on our books) who only plays 20-30 minutes per game; hell, we've even seen him taken off 1 minute after being brought on! He's good, but he's not irreplaceable.

In summary, let us not confuse enthusiasm and determination with value. For all we know, Cas may have offered him £120k/yr, but Wigan probably have come in with more. I'd take the money, all day long. It pays the mortgage and gives my family a future.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 11:43

Burratha wrote:** Moved here, from the main forum **

Clark is a player that runs every ball as if his life depends on it. At the moment, there appear to be few players that have his aggression, and determination. I think that if more players showed his attitude when playing, then there possibly would not be as much disappointment or uproar following the news he's likely to be a pie eater next year.

As it stands, we're probably/possibly losing a grafter. I just hope some of the guys take heed of this and show they are in a privileged position as a professional rugby league player. People pay good money to watch them, so some of them need to have a word with themselves and start to give us value for our money. If they did, I think it would greatly soften the "Clark leaving" blow. Let's face it, he's an impact player (and we have a few on our books) who only plays 20-30 minutes per game; hell, we've even seen him taken off 1 minute after being brought on! He's good, but he's not irreplaceable.

In summary, let us not confuse enthusiasm and determination with value. For all we know, Cas may have offered him £120k/yr, but Wigan probably have come in with more. I'd take the money, all day long. It pays the mortgage and gives my family a future.
Impact player maybe and wattsy must be a machine then cause he gives impact for 80 mins not 30 and he's happy as Larry so if a nice bigger wage came by would you wave him off with a pat on the back cause I know I wouldn't I'd be crushed

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 May 2019, 11:47

Balboa1 wrote:...wattsy must be a machine.
Absolutely. That goes without saying - I assumed that Liam Watts' weekly performances (and justified fans' MoM results) puts him head and shoulders above everyone else at the moment. Just wish others would take his work ethic and performances as an example - we'd be fighting up at the top, no doubt.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 11:52

Burratha wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:...wattsy must be a machine.
Absolutely. That goes without saying - I assumed that Liam Watts' weekly performances (and justified fans' MoM results) puts him head and shoulders above everyone else at the moment. Just wish others would take his work ethic and performances as an example - we'd be fighting up at the top, no doubt.
Fair point some players need to av a good look in the mirror and play to their potential

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 May 2019, 12:09

It's disappointing that we've lost him but the player will always choose the best option for them. Outside of offering a 5 year, 100k+ salary, I don't think there's any more Cas could've done.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 May 2019, 12:21

Just looked on Wigan forum and somebody put Clark will be a direct replacement for Tautai who will be at cas next season
Can have my season ticket anall if we sign that big useless *$#@% ha ha
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 May 2019, 12:24

tigerfeat wrote:... Clark will be a direct replacement for Tautai who will be at cas next season ...
Weren't we linked/rumoured to sign him last year? Can't say I'm impressed by him - another penalty machine?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 May 2019, 12:29

If we're even thinking of replacing Mitch with him we've lost the plot completely but like I say just I post I saw on Wigan rumour mill
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 May 2019, 13:20

tigerfeat wrote:Just looked on Wigan forum and somebody put Clark will be a direct replacement for Tautai who will be at cas next season
Nar can't see it. This was just a case of Mitch being off contract, Wigan offering him more money on a longer contract. Wigan fans probably hoping that's the case, as they're had enough of the likes of him and Navarette.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 14 May 2019, 09:43

Balboa1 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Loyal was people like Joyner not do a year or so then move on can see some of your point needs to put food on the table but still would av liked him a bit longer same as wish hardaker and Clark were still ere too
He has flourished under our coaching. If he goes it'll be the money.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 May 2019, 11:47

Fairly sure there was a lot of interest in Joyner. Bradford comes to mind , but in those days clubs had more control and they weren’t interested in letting him go

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 May 2019, 12:26

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Fairly sure there was a lot of interest in Joyner. Bradford comes to mind , but in those days clubs had more control and they weren’t interested in letting him go
Joyner was on Hulls radar and had a spell on the sidelines trying to force Cas to let him go.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 May 2019, 12:48

heritage1926 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Just looked on Wigan forum and somebody put Clark will be a direct replacement for Tautai who will be at cas next season
Nar can't see it. This was just a case of Mitch being off contract, Wigan offering him more money on a longer contract. Wigan fans probably hoping that's the case, as they're had enough of the likes of him and Navarette.
i'd say clark would be a direct replacement for hamlin who wigan have just lost to a drugs ban. almost identical impact off the bench. very direct style but only for short spells.
jo brand is eddie warings love child