Olpherts

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Olpherts

Post by heritage1926 » 13 May 2019, 10:55

43s flyer wrote:Has this been officially confirmed by the club?
No, but neither has Clark going to Wigan. Not sure when the date is when clubs can announce.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 May 2019, 10:57

fords wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I’m seriously considering not getting one for next year.
Not because of the recruitment though it does dishearten me.
Mines health, finding it harder to stand for a great amount of time without being in a lot of pain.
Yes we have seating, but the space in that stand would make it worse.
I’m not saying I won’t and I’m not saying I will just now.
Will see who we bring in in The next 3/4 months, then decide.
Bit of a contradiction in there OOC ;) ;)

Yeah sounds confusing, bit early yet.
I’ve struggled for 2/3 years with my health and standing.
I’ve persevered with pain and discomfort.
I’ve alway put the club before my health.

If the club via bad recruitment don’t care about the fans, then it won’t give me motivation to keep pushing my self to go. And push my self I do sometimes.
I love the club, been part if my life for 60 years, but there comes a time when you have to cut back on walking down the lane standing for 2 hours then walking back up the lane.
It’s hard sometimes. I won’t the club to give me that motivation to keep on pushing my self.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 May 2019, 10:58

old cas lass wrote:I’m seriously considering not getting one for next year.
Mines health, finding it harder to stand for a great amount of time without being in a lot of pain.
Yes we have seating, but the space in that stand would make it worse.
I’m not saying I won’t and I’m not saying I will just now.
A lot of people are unhappy ocl it's not that we've got bad players all of a sudden wattsy mcmeeken would be wanted by most super league teams gales England's half back if he comes back as good as ever truey won young player man of steel Milner and Holmes played for England and England knights last autumn
It's a feeling we've yet again not kicked on from a perfect chance we had in 2017 as had happened every other time we've had the chance in the past with poor recruitment - retention and let the chance slip
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 May 2019, 11:03

2017 we knew we needed a fullback, we stalled in getting one.
2018 we knew well in advance jake was leaving, stalled again.
Not sure who is to blame wells/Powell/Gratton, but someone is.

Now we need a prop and a winger, especially if minikin is leaving.
It disheartens you. Well it does me.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 13 May 2019, 11:12

classycas57 wrote:
Juscas wrote:Very uninspired signing hope he is just back up
I doubt he will be backup. Anyway I'm happy to give him a chance
He will get a chance like everyone gets when they join us.I just personally don’t think he an upgrade on minikin if that’s who he is replacing

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 13 May 2019, 11:20

We didn’t renew ours after last season when even tho we were winning more than we lost it just wasn’t entertaining and at times felt a bit of a chore.add to that the messing with fixtures we said we will just pay on gate this year.missed first couple due to work went to hull kr at home and not been since.never thought I’d be like this,I’ve followed them all my life but once you lapse for a while it’s really hard to get back in to it again.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 13 May 2019, 12:16

Juscas wrote:We didn’t renew ours after last season when even tho we were winning more than we lost it just wasn’t entertaining and at times felt a bit of a chore.add to that the messing with fixtures we said we will just pay on gate this year.missed first couple due to work went to hull kr at home and not been since.never thought I’d be like this,I’ve followed them all my life but once you lapse for a while it’s really hard to get back in to it again.
This kind of post needs printing out and slapping on the desk of the B.O.D's and Jon Wells. I think there are many who think or feel this.

The next home gate will be telling.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 May 2019, 12:26

the thread as been diverted from Olpherts , to we are not renewing our season tickets recruitment health being valid reasons but for me midweek games have hurt us the most r , CAS have been on the television most weeks since the start of the season why buy a season ticket when you can watch it for free,, god being willing I shall be renewing mine next season as I much prefer to be at a game live

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 12:40

gateman wrote:the thread as been diverted from Olpherts , to we are not renewing our season tickets recruitment health being valid reasons but for me midweek games have hurt us the most r , CAS have been on the television most weeks since the start of the season why buy a season ticket when you can watch it for free,, god being willing I shall be renewing mine next season as I much prefer to be at a game live
Is being skint a valid reason for not renewing my season ticket cause I'm brassic :oops:

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 May 2019, 12:51

Thursday nights is killing me off.season ticket holder this season but I work permanent nights and amount of Thursday games and lack of Sunday games(which I love)is really making me think twice about forking £560 out for 2 adults and a child next season.the loss of gale and form of some of our experienced players is really hurting us this season.just hope we can get a settled 17/20 over the coming weeks and use our free challenge cup weekends to get some moves worked on and climb the table.if we can do that then 3rd isn’t out of the question if we can’t then neither is 3rd bottom

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 May 2019, 12:55

old cas lass wrote:2017 we knew we needed a fullback, we stalled in getting one.

Misconception here.

We tried signing Wiliame who messed us around. We then tried signing Junior Sa'u, which Salford kyboshed by demanding too much money than we were prepared to pay. So we sat it out until the right centre came along for us.

Not sure on the full-back situation but the Hardaker case won't have helped us and then we tried signing Kheirallah until we settled for Matautia and QLT.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 May 2019, 13:01

Regarding STs - we've diverted a bit from the original point of the thread. It's a little bit frustrating (in my own opinion) that people are already making judgement on May when nothing has been confirmed or announced and the club hasn't even completed it's recruitment.

A better time to judge would be September-November when recruitment has been done and STs are on sale. None of us have any club who the club intend to sign or the reasons behind those signings. As ever, the key to these things is transparency. Fans are more likely to get onside with something if they have some understanding behind it (whether fans believe it - my own feelings is that a lot of people wouldn't believe the club if they did, so it's a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't).

Personally speaking, I struggled to afford a ST this year and it was only through generosity of family that allowed me to afford one. General life costs plus growing bills of being a homeowner on my own means that it's desperately difficult to save up.

I've no doubt that if I don't get one next year, I'll still make every home game. It matters more to me about the badge on the chest than anything else.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:04

HuddsTigers wrote:Regarding STs - we've diverted a bit from the original point of the thread. It's a little bit frustrating (in my own opinion) that people are already making judgement on May when nothing has been confirmed or announced and the club hasn't even completed it's recruitment.

A better time to judge would be September-November when recruitment has been done and STs are on sale. None of us have any club who the club intend to sign or the reasons behind those signings. As ever, the key to these things is transparency. Fans are more likely to get onside with something if they have some understanding behind it (whether fans believe it - my own feelings is that a lot of people wouldn't believe the club if they did, so it's a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't).

Personally speaking, I struggled to afford a ST this year and it was only through generosity of family that allowed me to afford one. General life costs plus growing bills of being a homeowner on my own means that it's desperately difficult to save up.

I've no doubt that if I don't get one next year, I'll still make every home game. It matters more to me about the badge on the chest than anything else.
Well said hudds pay for mine I'll still be brassic :lol:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 13 May 2019, 13:25

The thread is about the signing of a potential new player and the reaction it has had so far made me ask the question about the new alleged signing and would this kind of signing mean people may not renew. That was my point with my post although I did add a bit more to it.

This isn't about who isn't renewing for genuine reasons it is purely about renewing if the signings don't inspire people. Its all good and well saying wait until September but that will be too late and if we have a poor second half go the season I fear the ticket sales will be down as will the crowds at the rest of the home games.

I haven't seen one post saying we have signed a cracking player and his record at Salford isn't great. Is he any better than what we have? Only time will tell but by the time that comes around people will have voted with their feet/money.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 May 2019, 13:40

If he's a replacement for Gill and Egodo will people still view it as a bad signing.

ST's go on sale in Aug/Sept - that's why I said people need to wait until then. Only then can fans judge signings IF it's true in their proper context.

The very same people criticising this signing are probably the same ones criticising the club for not retaining Mitch Clark. Yet the short-sightedness of that is that Mitch Clark was an uninspiring WHO?! signing when we made it.

Powell has a bloody good record when it comes to taking players with potential and turning them into great players. He may not get every one right - he's only human - but the vast majority turn out to be well worth the RoI and faith put in them.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 13 May 2019, 13:41

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:What with this seasons performance and signings like this it is making the decision to renew season tickets pretty straight forward. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Same for me, straightforward, because I'm a Cas fan and renew every time.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:46

HuddsTigers wrote:If he's a replacement for Gill and Egodo will people still view it as a bad signing.

ST's go on sale in Aug/Sept - that's why I said people need to wait until then. Only then can fans judge signings IF it's true in their proper context.

The very same people criticising this signing are probably the same ones criticising the club for not retaining Mitch Clark. Yet the short-sightedness of that is that Mitch Clark was an uninspiring WHO?! signing when we made it.

Powell has a bloody good record when it comes to taking players with potential and turning them into great players. He may not get every one right - he's only human - but the vast majority turn out to be well worth the RoI and faith put in them.
Well put hudds Powell will always av my respect his patience must be wearing thin with recent results i just hoped Mitch would be in our long term plans we don't know what's gone on behind scenes with contract negotiations hope we av a gem lined up

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 16 May 2019, 09:41

Not having read every post I don't know if this has been mentioned but when DP was Fev coach, Rovers had a joint Under 18's with Featherstone Lions. Olpherts at that time was on Rovers books and played in the joint Under 18's team before being released. Maybe Daryl has been watching Olpherts since his move from Shaw Cross to Newcastle and then to Salford and been impressed with what he's seen.
Personally, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole unless his attitude has totally changed 100%.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 May 2019, 11:47

HuddsTigers wrote:
old cas lass wrote:2017 we knew we needed a fullback, we stalled in getting one.

Misconception here.

We tried signing Wiliame who messed us around. We then tried signing Junior Sa'u, which Salford kyboshed by demanding too much money than we were prepared to pay. So we sat it out until the right centre came along for us.

Not sure on the full-back situation but the Hardaker case won't have helped us and then we tried signing Kheirallah until we settled for Matautia and QLT.
You totally miss the point.

‘Trying’ and ‘doing’ are totally different, actions speak louder than words, excuses don’t matter and only serve to annoy.

Real people go out and force the issue.
Audacter Et Sincere

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 May 2019, 17:27

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Misconception here.

You totally miss the point.

‘Trying’ and ‘doing’ are totally different, actions speak louder than words, excuses don’t matter and only serve to annoy.

Real people go out and force the issue.
So you'd have been fine with paying Williame over 100k a year?
Or paying Salford 150k + Sau's wage for a 30 odd year old?
How do you suggest Castleford turn into Toilouse so Keraliah would move?

There's forcing the issue and there's being irresponsible, signing Sau or Williame at what was demanded would have been irresponsible.