Rob Lui

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Rob Lui

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jun 2019, 21:22

Read in the paper that Salford are holding off offering him a deal and HKR are sniffing round London’s halves instead. Got me thinking that he would be pretty good cover in the halves if Ellis does go.

The reason I suggest it is that we could knock two birds with one stone by asking Hudds for Ikahihifo for Wardle instead of Rankin.

This would give us an extra prop. Meanwhile, Lui is off contract. He’s a right sided half for Salford but could quite easily be good on both sides.

He’s only 29 and would give us decent 2/3 years.

This is assuming the Feki rumour isn’t true/doesn’t come to fruition.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Rob Lui

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 17 Jun 2019, 21:47

HuddsTigers wrote:Read in the paper that Salford are holding off offering him a deal and HKR are sniffing round London’s halves instead. Got me thinking that he would be pretty good cover in the halves if Ellis does go.

The reason I suggest it is that we could knock two birds with one stone by asking Hudds for Ikahihifo for Wardle instead of Rankin.

This would give us an extra prop. Meanwhile, Lui is off contract. He’s a right sided half for Salford but could quite easily be good on both sides.

Would take thos deals in a heartbeat.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Jun 2019, 21:49

HuddsTigers wrote:Read in the paper that Salford are holding off offering him a deal and HKR are sniffing round London’s halves instead. Got me thinking that he would be pretty good cover in the halves if Ellis does go.

Hasn’t Abdull already signed back at KR for next year? If not officially, I’m pretty sure it’s one of those badly kept secrets.
Similarly, Ikahihifo was available last year but neither us or Leeds were willing to match the salary he is apparently on at the Giants. I don’t think it’s a viable option.
Lui is a non-fed player. In my opinion, the non-fed players are a precious commodity and should be first team players, not back-ups.

I’d be sending Rankin back and asking for Tom Holmes instead.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Jun 2019, 23:20

A player like Lui would not be back up, he would walk into the Cas team and we should send Rankin back chose what, all he would be is cover and that would be a waste of a quota spot.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Jun 2019, 06:18

Sharlotiger wrote:A player like Lui would not be back up, he would walk into the Cas team and we should send Rankin back chose what, all he would be is cover and that would be a waste of a quota spot.
Without doubt Rankin needs to go back next year, not needed. Rather have Aston as backup.

Sell wardle or swap him for someone else.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Jun 2019, 06:20

Gale, Lui, Trueman, Aston that would do.

Problem is we need better right winger and we will only have 2 centres next year.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 18 Jun 2019, 07:36

fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:A player like Lui would not be back up, he would walk into the Cas team and we should send Rankin back chose what, all he would be is cover and that would be a waste of a quota spot.
Without doubt Rankin needs to go back next year, not needed. Rather have Aston as backup.

Sell wardle or swap him for someone else.
Yes Rankin needs to be given back.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jun 2019, 09:59

fords wrote:

Gale, Lui, Trueman, Aston that would do.

Problem is we need better right winger and we will only have 2 centres next year.
It never seems to work having three halves who all expect to be playing each week. Rotating them doesn’t seem to work either as whoever is playing there need to build combinations.
I’d be sending Rankin back and asking for Tom Holmes in exchange for Joe Wardle. It’s a deal I think Huddersfield would take (Holmes can’t get in their team at the moment) and suits everyone. We get a solid, professional player who knows the club and who is still young enough to improve, but he doesn’t count on the quota and probably costs less than Rankin. Huddersfield get to keep a player who is doing well for them.
Leaves us with Gale, Trueman, Holmes and Aston as our options at half back.
Then it’s just a case of a top right winger (Feki/Feldt/AN other).
I get the feeling we’ll pick up a winger/centre from the relegated team as cover too.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jun 2019, 10:09

Come to think of it, Tom Holmes is on loan at Fev. Can’t we have him now?
Wardle can move to Huddersfield on a permanent deal, Rankin can go back and we’ll take Holmes.
Everyone’s a winner.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 18 Jun 2019, 14:20

nottinghamtiger wrote:

[/i]

Hasn’t Abdull already signed back at KR for next year? If not officially, I’m pretty sure it’s one of those badly kept secrets.
Similarly, Ikahihifo was available last year but neither us or Leeds were willing to match the salary he is apparently on at the Giants. I don’t think it’s a viable option.
Lui is a non-fed player. In my opinion, the non-fed players are a precious commodity and should be first team players, not back-ups.

I’d be sending Rankin back and asking for Tom Holmes instead.

Was told that the ikihahifo deal for wardle was a done deal but hes ken davys favourite player and wanted him to stay, thats why they then asked for a fee as they knew we wouldnt pay it. Hes not played much this year though so maybe a deal could be done. Would rather have seb than rankin.
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 18 Jun 2019, 15:14

nottinghamtiger wrote:Come to think of it, Tom Holmes is on loan at Fev. Can’t we have him now?
Wardle can move to Huddersfield on a permanent deal, Rankin can go back and we’ll take Holmes.
Everyone’s a winner.
That’s the most sense I’ve read on here in ages
Then rankins and Clark’s quota spots can go on some pace in the backs

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 18 Jun 2019, 17:10

Tom Holmes is not on loan at Fev im afraid to say . Wish we had him back tho

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jun 2019, 17:43

Dez wrote:Tom Holmes is not on loan at Fev im afraid to say . Wish we had him back tho
He was playing for Featherstone against Widnes on Sunday.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Jun 2019, 18:50

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Dez wrote:Tom Holmes is not on loan at Fev im afraid to say . Wish we had him back tho
Was sent out for the year to build himself back up but with Russel coming on for them there maybe am option of Tom been spare? However he was always seen as a long term project

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 18 Jun 2019, 18:53

Jordan Rankin isn't good enough for a Top club.

Robert Lui wouldn't play 2nd fiddle.

Tom Holmes isn't SL standard.

Unfortunately we've too many players on inflated contracts and it will take 2 or 3 years of rebuilding to fix.

I'd rather be signing 20yr old stars of the future as back up. Than signing 29yr olds who are no better than what we have.

Alex Walker for Full Back would be one prime target.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 18 Jun 2019, 19:08

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Sorry Notts i ment hes not on loan its a permanent basis

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jun 2019, 19:14

dettoriman wrote:Jordan Rankin isn't good enough for a Top club.

Robert Lui wouldn't play 2nd fiddle.

Tom Holmes isn't SL standard.

Unfortunately we've too many players on inflated contracts and it will take 2 or 3 years of rebuilding to fix.

I'd rather be signing 20yr old stars of the future as back up. Than signing 29yr olds who are no better than what we have.

Alex Walker for Full Back would be one prime target.
Alex Walker would be a fantastic player in our system I think. It would give us some real options in the centre too (Shenton, Blair and Mata’utia) and Mata’utia can cover at full-back if Walker gets injured.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jun 2019, 19:54

Dez wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Sorry Notts i ment hes not on loan its a permanent basis
I must have missed that, thought he must just be there to build his fitness after that nasty injury.
I always liked Holmes. I’d rather have him at the club than Rankin or Aston.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Jun 2019, 08:20

Luis on close to 100k. No way would either he come and play back up, or we pay that kinda cash for a back up half.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Jun 2019, 08:57

heritage1926 wrote:Luis on close to 100k.
How’d you know that???