Quins v Tigers (15/04/11)

Relive the memories, all previous seasons match threads can be found in here.
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Quins v Tigers (15/04/11)

Post by alftupper » 15 Apr 2011, 21:36

El Nino wrote:
alftupper wrote:pathetic comments get a grip we have earned a point
Shut up, idiot.
congratulations on stringing 3 words together including a comma.

TP.69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TP.69 » 15 Apr 2011, 21:36

Mr XP wrote:Its a tough place to go and get a result and after 2 spankings you can bet your bottom dollar they would have been fired up, on reflection if we had been 24-10 down we would have taken a point, we havent lost so lets look at it positively, i can see what hudds is saying about feisal, he was taking his rich mates down to the stoop to watch a team he was been waxing lyrical about and after the enthusiasm he has drummed up he would have wanted us to win, as do we of course, lets draw a line through this one and give wakey a good hiding on friday

He and his mates also watched a superb game of Rugby League by the sounds of it, and we played our part in that!!!

A point away at Quins will do me thankyou very much!!
"Referee, 10 yards? You a part time carpet salesman?"

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 15 Apr 2011, 21:38

ATEOTD we shouldnt have drawn that game well not with the lead we had. It shows we have much work to do to mentally control the game aswel as physically. The dissapointment is for all to contend with, but we now need bouncebackability. Next week as poor as wakey are aint goint to be easy.
Last edited by tigerman1 on 15 Apr 2011, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Apr 2011, 21:38

TP.69 wrote:
Mr XP wrote:Its a tough place to go and get a result and after 2 spankings you can bet your bottom dollar they would have been fired up, on reflection if we had been 24-10 down we would have taken a point, we havent lost so lets look at it positively, i can see what hudds is saying about feisal, he was taking his rich mates down to the stoop to watch a team he was been waxing lyrical about and after the enthusiasm he has drummed up he would have wanted us to win, as do we of course, lets draw a line through this one and give wakey a good hiding on friday

He and his mates also watched a superb game of Rugby League by the sounds of it, and we played our part in that!!!

A point away at Quins will do me thankyou very much!![/quote]

thank you for a sensible and sober comment

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Apr 2011, 21:44

tigerman1 wrote:ATEOTD we shouldnt have drawn that game well not with the lead we had. It shows we have much work to do to mentally control the game aswel as physically. The dissapointment is for all to contend with, but we now need bouncebackability. Next week as poor as wakey are aint goint to be easy.
honestly when their kick went over with a minute to go everybody on here would have taken the 1 point. from the sound of it the penalty may have been contentious and the equalising kick was something we could not have expected. the game is played over 80 minutes and i think people are guilty of saying we were 12 points up after x minutes therefore we should have won. wrong.

weren't we trailing Catalans by about 10 points earlier in the season?

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 15 Apr 2011, 21:53

We've set ourselves high standards this season, and to go ahead by 14 points and yet have to scrape a draw in the last seconds is hard to take. Simple.

One point away tonight is a point more than Leeds won at home.

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 15 Apr 2011, 21:57

Well i have mixed feelings about tonights score but as stated elsewhere 15 points from 18 will do nicely thanks, looking forward to the next game already

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 15 Apr 2011, 22:04

We were going to have a bad match at some point (most teams have already had more than one). We need to regroup and prepare for a difficult Easter weekend.

Wakefield will not be easy (even with tonights result) and we must not go on to the field thinking this. St Helens will be recovering from a Wigan derby but it is never easy.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 15 Apr 2011, 23:13

It is understandable why people are fed up with 'only' getting a point. But it with 79mins to go we were going to get nothing. Like it has been said, the game lasts 80mins and we snatched a point. Maybe if we had played fully for the whole 80 we could have had 2 points... Its all ifs/buts/could haves now.

We are coming to the stage where we have played most teams (apart from the 'big 4') and as fans, should look for ways we expect the upcoming results to go, if we can better our previous results against teams... so far its only Bradford and Harlequins there to step upto to take the 2 points and both are those at home.

I believe the team that will win the league (top the table) will have lost 5/6 games by the end of the year... So at the minute, even after the draw we are still well placed to have a decent league placing if we continue playing to the standards we have shown we are capable of with the odd off game/coming up against a quality team thrown in!

Long live the Tigers!!!

Duck Island Pirate
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Duck Island Pirate » 16 Apr 2011, 08:51

Against the corresponding fixtures last season we're 5 pts better off. We lost away to Quins last year so let's take the positives from gaining a point and get behind the boys on Friday night.
D.I.P.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Apr 2011, 09:55

There was nothing controversial about the penalty, and yes it did feel good seeing our quality kicker winning us a point.
The trouble was getting not quite far enough ahead with too long on the clock against a side with proven speed in attack. Basically, we walked the first 15 minutes of the second half, put up the shutters, they got on a roll and we couldn't raise the intensity again. IMO we should have learned some really important lessons from that.

feisalnahaboo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by feisalnahaboo » 16 Apr 2011, 11:29

Been with the players and coach after the game. To say the team is 'gutted' is an underestimate. The game had 2 results. With 3 scores ahead and Cas pounding Quins and their goaline we were inches away from a four score ahead and game would have been over. Based on this, its a point loss. The second result in the same match was the kick that saved the match in the last moment of the match. To see the match stolen away from Cas in that way would have been devastating. Dixon held his nerve with an amazing kick amongst a stadium of boo's and we all cheered one kick like an 80 min victory. So we lost and we won in the same game and the club left knowing they didn't lose, and they bounced back when they were buried. The rfl, and the country saw cas outplay quins apart from mad moments of the game and yet another signal that Cas is on the map as a real contender for silverware this year. Cas can beat any side this year and the challenge cup has become a reality. With some luck and favourable draws, fans could have another london outing this year!!!! Terry was in ok spirits last night. We will beat wakefield saturday with vowles back home so I can't see this match as a disaster but valuable experience for the young lads. We scraped against hull and salvaged a point in london so our team are fighters and we must back them. The forums are here to openly chat but do us a favour guys, get behind the lads and all at the club. They need it, they want it and they are giving blood for success. I'm backing them and I hope we all do. Martin Offiah on sky said cas have quality for top 4 now. At the start he barely considered cas as top 8. We can't ask more from the players and Terry.
I was proud to be the new cas fan last night. And well done quins. Great comeback and all the fans who travelled down were the winners last night. It was a great battle. Back to the PROBIZ Coliseum.....we welcome Wakefield on the battle trench. Come on CAS!!!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Apr 2011, 11:34

feisalnahaboo wrote:Been with the players and coach after the game. To say the team is 'gutted' is an underestimate. The game had 2 results. With 3 scores ahead and Cas pounding Quins and their goaline we were inches away from a four score ahead and game would have been over. Based on this, its a point loss. The second result in the same match was the kick that saved the match in the last moment of the match. To see the match stolen away from Cas in that way would have been devastating. Dixon held his nerve with an amazing kick amongst a stadium of boo's and we all cheered one kick like an 80 min victory. So we lost and we won in the same game and the club left knowing they didn't lose, and they bounced back when they were buried. The rfl, and the country saw cas outplay quins apart from mad moments of the game and yet another signal that Cas is on the map as a real contender for silverware this year. Cas can beat any side this year and the challenge cup has become a reality. With some luck and favourable draws, fans could have another london outing this year!!!! Terry was in ok spirits last night. We will beat wakefield saturday with vowles back home so I can't see this match as a disaster but valuable experience for the young lads. We scraped against hull and salvaged a point in london so our team are fighters and we must back them. The forums are here to openly chat but do us a favour guys, get behind the lads and all at the club. They need it, they want it and they are giving blood for success. I'm backing them and I hope we all do. Martin Offiah on sky said cas have quality for top 4 now. At the start he barely considered cas as top 8. We can't ask more from the players and Terry.
I was proud to be the new cas fan last night. And well done quins. Great comeback and all the fans who travelled down were the winners last night. It was a great battle. Back to the PROBIZ Coliseum.....we welcome Wakefield on the battle trench. Come on CAS!!!
You have hit the nail on the head, its about support. The team plays better in a positive environment. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing Adrian back over for the Wakefield match, I'm sure it will be a great occasion. :clap:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Apr 2011, 11:52

My concern though is that our away form looks like it's going to be our downfall.

It's alright winning at home every week but what's the point if we play poorly/average from home? Discounting MM, we've played three, W1, D1 and L1. The one we won we scraped through, the one we drew, we were lucky to get a draw and the one we lost, well, we were poor that day too.

I know we like home comforts but we've got to transfer what we do at home so well to our away games.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

feisalnahaboo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by feisalnahaboo » 16 Apr 2011, 11:54

My pleasure. As long as fans appreciate it, we can do more. Now...come on the baggies....

feisalnahaboo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by feisalnahaboo » 16 Apr 2011, 12:03

Man united are the best footballing team in uk. Check their away form in the league!!! Its not criminal to struggle away but it is to lose home games. Basic formula for any sporting side, win your home games, pick up as many away points as you can and definitely against rivals. Cas are not ready to win super league so the expectancy to win most away games is unrealistic. We beat wakefield, hull, should have beaten bradford and quins. So whilst results not been with us away from home the performances have been solid. Cas played the perfect game yday until last 12mins. Shame. Watch the teams response next week.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Apr 2011, 12:12

I'm not suggesting that we should be beating every team home and away. I just believe that the home performances are excellent and it would be nice if we could transfer the same conviction into an away performance.

I have no doubt that the team will respond next week - but only because we're back at home again, in front of our own fans, on a pitch we know like the backs of our hands.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

feisalnahaboo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by feisalnahaboo » 16 Apr 2011, 12:30

Agree with you. We need to consider there are several 'kids' in the squad and they are bedding in and learning all the time. Winning 10 away games this season would be fantastic. 2.5 already.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Apr 2011, 18:54

HuddsTigers wrote:I'm not suggesting that we should be beating every team home and away. I just believe that the home performances are excellent and it would be nice if we could transfer the same conviction into an away performance.

I have no doubt that the team will respond next week - but only because we're back at home again, in front of our own fans, on a pitch we know like the backs of our hands.
I haven't missed a game this year, and it certainly feels better both at home and away than that weird season we had a couple of years ago, when we couldn't win at home and couldn't lose away. I haven't seen us play badly yet, home or away. We really scrapped at Bradford, and just couldn'tfinish it off, mainly due to Danny going off.The two points really had to be fought for at Hull. Any other season we would have lost. Last night is a lesson earned, but make no mistake, there was some awesome rugby in the first part of the second half. I am pretty sure that there is no other team in the league that hasn't had a really bad day at the office this season. We have lost one game we could have won by a mere 4 points, and we won a point last night in a great game, and credit to Quins, it was a really good fightback from a team with proven pace and attacking qualities.
Great start to the season and I'm pretty happy with what I've seen away from home, though obviously would have liked the missed points.