Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by JIN JER » 24 Jun 2017, 10:19

Tigerade wrote:Is there anything official on this new trust ? Who are SRW's cohorts ? Have they made any statements yet on their aims ?
Nope, only MC knows and Yorkcourt. I believe Monday is the day that a statement is to be released.
It all seems a little odd.
RW was asked to leave the trust after it came to light that he'd been meeting Yorkcourt and the council behind closed doors, on his own, without taking minutes/ notes. All this done without the other trust members being a party to this, he made a point apparently of being deceitful regarding these meetings.
Then we had the news this last week that YC would only negotiate with the "new" trust and not the official one, they only want to talk with the new trust leader, the one that cosied up to them.
A question to you the Firm, what are you alluding to suggesting "we look closer to home"?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 24 Jun 2017, 11:04

Jinjer - It looks to me like SRW knows that Newmarket is a non-starter on the simple basis that YC haven't got the cash. He (SRW) is trying to get another option within the city with the help of the council.
The council will be expected to provide the land, SRW and his team will find the cash. The "official" trust have gone along with pursuing YC far too long - SRW has seen this and is planning another route to getting a new stadium. That is just my opinion.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Jun 2017, 11:15

Tigerade wrote:Jinjer - It looks to me like SRW knows that Newmarket is a non-starter on the simple basis that YC haven't got the cash. He (SRW) is trying to get another option within the city with the help of the council.
The council will be expected to provide the land, SRW and his team will find the cash. The "official" trust have gone along with pursuing YC far too long - SRW has seen this and is planning another route to getting a new stadium. That is just my opinion.
You may well be right Tigerade, the rumour flying round last week was that we were hoping to stay at BV, quite how that can happen with the state of BV I can't imagine, plus the fact that MC has stated about the public liability insurance is a problem.
But........
Apart from a few sound bites in the first few weeks, Manni Hussain, the guy who owns the ground now through his company 88M, has been anonymous, this last week, he's been attending the meetings, is he gonna sort BV out in the interim time, lift the standards a little till a new ground/revamped BV is worked on?
I really haven't a clue but apparently there 's gonna be some very good news in the next fortnight, tempered by some not so good news. Exciting times. :)

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 24 Jun 2017, 11:21

The good news will be - staying at BV for a couple of years.
The not so good news - NM scrapped.

Again - just IMO.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Jun 2017, 11:49

Tigerade wrote:The good news will be - staying at BV for a couple of years.

Again - just IMO.
Yep, I'd guess that myself.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 24 Jun 2017, 14:02

JIN JER wrote:

Again - just IMO.
Wakey putting all their "Trust" in SRW again!

There will be downside for sure.
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Jun 2017, 14:44

alcasfan wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Again - just IMO.

Not at all, Michael Carter is furious about RW being involved. Pretty sure 99% of the fans detest him too. It'll end in tears, of that I have no doubt!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 24 Jun 2017, 15:09

If SRW is the "bad egg" in all this and is disliked by most of the Wakey fans why hasn't he just walked away into the sunset ?
Why form a new trust ?
Why continue to push for a new stadium ?

Something just doesn't seem right.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 24 Jun 2017, 18:40

Tigerade wrote:If SRW is the "bad egg" in all this and is disliked by most of the Wakey fans why hasn't he just walked away into the sunset ?
Why form a new trust ?

Simple! at the end of the day, somewhere down the line - Profit!

More than likely, on going out of the pockets of the fans of the club!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Jun 2017, 00:52

Tigerade wrote:If SRW is the "bad egg" in all this and is disliked by most of the Wakey fans why hasn't he just walked away into the sunset ?
Why form a new trust ?

He did, he walked away/was pushed because of his underhand dealings. I honestly have no idea why he's formed a new trust, unless his dealings with YC have given him the upper hand. Is it spite? Is he trying to get one over on the people that outed and shamed/named him?
As for continuing to push for a new stadium, he hasn't for a fair while.
You're last point says it all, something doesn't seem right and I've said it all along, why did Peter Box when put under pressure for the first time lately tell the media that £2M was ready and waiting for the new ground, as far as I understand we've never asked for finance.
As I said in a past post, RW coseys up with YC, gets caught out, then six months later YC decide they'll talk, but not with the official trust, but a newly formed trust that's formed by.....Cosey Rodney. Odd, very odd.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 25 Jun 2017, 03:17

JIN JER wrote:
alcasfan wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Again - just IMO.

Not at all, Michael Carter is furious about RW being involved. Pretty sure 99% of the fans detest him too. It'll end in tears, of that I have no doubt!
Furious indeed. Doesn't like to not be in control does our Michael does he? In fact it could be said that he is a stubborn control freak. Thing is when you go swimming out of your depth with sharks don't be surprised when you get bitten on the arse.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Jun 2017, 08:31

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
alcasfan wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Again - just IMO.

Furious indeed. Doesn't like to not be in control does our Michael does he? In fact it could be said that he is a stubborn control freak. Thing is when you go swimming out of your depth with sharks don't be surprised when you get bitten on the arse.
As time ticks on is it possible Wakey's support could split into rival camps over this? #teamrodney #teammick?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Jun 2017, 10:25

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
alcasfan wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Again - just IMO.

Furious indeed. Doesn't like to not be in control does our Michael does he? In fact it could be said that he is a stubborn control freak.
And rightly so, he and Chris Brereton bailed us out when we were knee deep in [REMOVED]. Wouldn't you wanna be in control if you'd invested time and money and a great deal of sleepless nights attempting to settle the ship?

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 25 Jun 2017, 12:48

'And rightly so, he and Chris Brereton bailed us out when we were knee deep in [REMOVED]. Wouldn't you wanna be in control if you'd invested time and money and a great deal of sleepless nights attempting to settle the ship?'

But he isn't in charge of building the stadium and the relutance to budge on certain aspects which would make it a viable possibility for the developer means putting the whole development at serious risk. And that would undo all the undoubtably good work he and his mate have done up to press. Unless there is some negotiation very soon then he won't have any say whatsoever as Yorkcourt will refuse to work with them. The planning date is up in 6 months and changes can be applied for then. At this point Sir Rodneys trust can be written in and Carters written out and he won't get any say at all. Now he could of course refuse to move the club to any stadium built under that agreement but then he would be the bad guy wouldn't he? Now don't get me wrong, Yorkcourt aren't exactly covering themselves in glory here but Carter needs to give a little as Walker is willing to otherwise nothing will ever be built.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jun 2017, 23:09

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Jun 2017, 00:49

Bull sheet, Rodders, Box and Yorkcourt propaganda machine is in full motion. This time next year fingers will still be pointing. I'm bored and frazzled by it all.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 26 Jun 2017, 09:32

JIN JER wrote:Bull sheet, Rodders, Box and Yorkcourt propaganda machine is in full motion. This time next year fingers will still be pointing. I'm bored and frazzled by it all.
I'm even more confused by all this now. YC will now only deal with a trust led by SRW yet the article says he has invited 2 existing trust members to join. Wonder if this is MC and CB?

Also reading that from an outsider point of view it sounds promising for Wakey but I don't get the bit about the club having to agree to be anchor tenants as if it's a big consideration surely they will jump at that or am I missing something obvious?

I do however understand your doubts and mistrust Jinjer especially where SRW is concerned with what's gone on in the past but I it reads to me as a positive?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Jun 2017, 10:24

Sounds strange to me. He effectively killed their chances of a stadium, whilst clearly on the yc payroll. Now be wants to be the saviour. There's something in it for him.

He should be put in the not to be trusted box. Mc should not sign anything until it is built.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Jun 2017, 10:35

mart0042 wrote:Sounds strange to me. He effectively killed their chances of a stadium, whilst clearly on the yc payroll. Now be wants to be the saviour. There's something in it for him.

He should be put in the not to be trusted box. Mc should not sign anything until it is built.
Absolutely mart, it stinks more as it goes on, if you made a film of it people would suggest it's too far fetched.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Jun 2017, 10:41

WallTiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:Bull sheet, Rodders, Box and Yorkcourt propaganda machine is in full motion. This time next year fingers will still be pointing. I'm bored and frazzled by it all.
I'm even more confused by all this now. YC will now only deal with a trust led by SRW yet the article says he has invited 2 existing trust members to join. Wonder if this is
MC and CB?

Also reading that from an outsider point of view it sounds promising for Wakey but I don't get the bit about the club having to agree to be anchor tenants as if it's a big consideration surely they will jump at that or am I missing something obvious?

I do however understand your doubts and mistrust Jinjer especially where SRW is concerned with what's gone on in the past but I it reads to me as a positive?
As I understand it MC & CB are the elephants in the room, Rodders doesn't like either, my guess would be TRB& Inflatable armadillo or Sandal cat (names from RL fans), all three are very sensible and not prone to throwing hissy fits. Whether they'd be willing to disband the old trust would be the problem, I know them all and they're straight and honest people.