Wakefield

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Wakefield

Post by mart0042 » 22 Jul 2019, 09:39

casjunction wrote:This Wakefield thread began on all things tigers now it has morphed into a Toronto thread.
The cost of the away fixture will cost clubs tens of thousands and if you played them twice.
February the temperature can be a bit colder than Odsal Top.
Expansion yes but look at the cost implications.
The logistics and cost make no economic sense.
But Redhall and common sense are not even on nodding terms.
There is no cost financially as its paid by Toronto maybe even out of there sky money. The cost is the travelling to the players and their recovery.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 22 Jul 2019, 12:32

mart0042 wrote:
casjunction wrote:This Wakefield thread began on all things tigers now it has morphed into a Toronto thread.
The cost of the away fixture will cost clubs tens of thousands and if you played them twice.
There is no cost financially as its paid by Toronto maybe even out of there sky money. The cost is the travelling to the players and their recovery.
If / when Toronto do get into SL, the clubs have to pay for their travel and accommodation.

Toronto only agree'd to pay for the travel and accommodation in the lower leagues.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Jul 2019, 20:16

Thanks Stevie the TV l thought that was the case.
So as l said it makes no commercial sense.
A severe injury requiring hospitalisation would be a nightmare.
When you factor in the away support you have another fixture where revenue is affected.
I know some argue that clubs should not rely on away fans but it is a welcome funding stream.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 24 Jul 2019, 09:47

StevieTheTV wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
If / when Toronto do get into SL, the clubs have to pay for their travel and accommodation.

Toronto only agree'd to pay for the travel and accommodation in the lower leagues.
I'm surprised at that, they must either be getting Torontos sky money or something else. The flight costs alone must be 15k.probably 30 players and staff at a discount of £500 each.

What will happen to the loop fixtures? And surely monetarily and travel wise hurts the 3 teams that have to make the trip. I can't see them voting them in unless there's more money.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jul 2019, 07:42

I looked on the wakey forum last night and Carter's on discussing Rocky Hampshires contract surely something would tell him that's not the smartest thing to be doing
As someone said on there he's thrown him under the bus on the supporters forum without him having any chance to reply
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Jul 2019, 09:15

tigerfeat wrote:I looked on the wakey forum last night and Carter's on discussing Rocky Hampshires contract surely something would tell him that's not the smartest thing to be doing
As someone said on there he's thrown him under the bus on the supporters forum without him having any chance to reply
They guy who said it is his dad, I'm sure gateman knows him.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jul 2019, 10:01

his he i can understand then
its fine when the teams doing well to have a laugh with the fans on the forum things change when trouble is on the horizen but thats up to him done a great job for trinity as ive said many times
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 25 Jul 2019, 10:51

JIN JER wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I looked on the wakey forum last night and Carter's on discussing Rocky Hampshires contract surely something would tell him that's not the smartest thing to be doing
They guy who said it is his dad, I'm sure gateman knows him.
I can kind of understand Carter having an account on RLfans, suppose it's a good way of keeping up to date with how the fan base are feeling, however, for him to be interacting with fans like he is on that thread is madness.

However, reading between the lines, it looks like the agent is the one creating the issue, said agent for Hampshire is seems to be non other than SMTMUK.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jul 2019, 11:22

it would be rockys dream job playing at trinity and it looks like reading there forum last night hes been low balled with a offer of a new contract and thought sod that il look elsewhere which as happened at other clubs recently !!
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Jul 2019, 11:59

tigerfeat wrote:it would be rockys dream job playing at trinity and it looks like reading there forum last night hes been low balled with a offer of a new contract and thought sod that il look elsewhere which as happened at other clubs recently !!
It'll be a pity if he leaves, his heart is genuinely at Belle vue, he came to Perpignan with us as a specci about ten years since.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 25 Jul 2019, 16:33

JIN JER wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:it would be rockys dream job playing at trinity and it looks like reading there forum last night hes been low balled with a offer of a new contract and thought sod that il look elsewhere which as happened at other clubs recently !!
It'll be a pity if he leaves, his heart is genuinely at Belle vue, he came to Perpignan with us as a specci about ten years since.
I must know you then..... Grew up with his older brother Ady. His dad coached me at Stanley. Wakey through and through that family.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Jul 2019, 02:12

Swagger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
I must know you then..... Grew up with his older brother Ady. His dad coached me at Stanley. Wakey through and through that family.
Maybe so Swagger, I spend pre match in the Comrades. :)

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 26 Jul 2019, 11:11

I think it’s good their chairman tells them what’s happening. At least he shoots down rumours and takes some notice of them. Imagine how much happier the rhinos dwindling number of fans would be if they actually knew what was happening.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Jul 2019, 19:17

Looks like Carter is wanting details of a forum member off the Mods on their rlfans site.

Not happy with something ....solicitors mentioned :shock:

burtonsrlfc

Post by burtonsrlfc » 28 Jul 2019, 22:38

Dont blame him. The Printer has massively over stepped the mark
Attachments
Screenshot_20190728-093142_Adblock Browser.jpg

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Jul 2019, 22:48

Why would he need a solicitor for that lol
Vince Lombardi

burtonsrlfc

Post by burtonsrlfc » 28 Jul 2019, 22:55

tigerfeat wrote:Why would he need a solicitor for that lol
I'd suggest googling defamation of character but to help, a lawyer would be required if said statement causes 'Real damage'

For example, insinuating someone is cheating on their partner, causing a break up could be classed as such

Happy to help

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Jul 2019, 22:59

Yeah good luck to him with that
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Jul 2019, 23:52

the post was obviously taken down before i saw it but i've read somewhere else that there was also a pic on social media of the incident.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 31 Jul 2019, 14:26

Wakey trying to sign Danny Washbrook on loan from Hull FC until end of season when he goes to York City Knights. Chester claiming they have only 17 fit players for this weekend.