thaler

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: thaler

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Mar 2016, 23:00

Of course it would if they openly and publicly criticised a fellow official in that way

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 30 Mar 2016, 23:07

Simon1967 wrote:If these decisions had been against Cas we would all have been up in arms (shudds at home last year) and saying even Thaler knew it was/was not a try. He should not be criticised for telling the truth. Refreshing change I think. Demoting the top ref in the league would not happen in NRL or any other major sport.
I mean apart from the NRL stand down officials on a regular basis ESPECIALLY when they break the laws of the game!

Thaler broke the rules twice AND had a poor performance to boot - he got rightly demoted.

Simon1967
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Simon1967 » 30 Mar 2016, 23:15

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Of course it would if they openly and publicly criticised a fellow official in that way
The guy deserved criticising. Everybody else understood the rules, apart from the man making the decision. Absolute joke.

Simon1967
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Simon1967 » 30 Mar 2016, 23:18

TheSheriff wrote:
Simon1967 wrote:If these decisions had been against Cas we would all have been up in arms (shudds at home last year) and saying even Thaler knew it was/was not a try. He should not be criticised for telling the truth. Refreshing change I think. Demoting the top ref in the league would not happen in NRL or any other major sport.
I mean apart from the NRL stand down officials on a regular basis ESPECIALLY when they break the laws of the game!

Thaler broke the rules twice AND had a poor performance to boot - he got rightly demoted.
His biggest error in that game was trusting that buffoon to make the correct decision.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Mar 2016, 23:45

Simon1967 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Of course it would if they openly and publicly criticised a fellow official in that way
The guy deserved criticising. Everybody else understood the rules, apart from the man making the decision. Absolute joke.
You're missing the point. If it's OK to criticise poor refs then coaches wouldn't get fined for doing it . They all do it . Thaler's own failure to use the video ref in 2014 when Saints knocked on in the last move of the match cost us top spot.
It's not about Thierry's incompetence, which needs dealing with, it's Thaler's unprofessional reaction. He was well out of order.

Simon1967
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Simon1967 » 31 Mar 2016, 00:22

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Simon1967 wrote:
You're missing the point. If it's OK to criticise poor refs then coaches wouldn't get fined for doing it . They all do it . Thaler's own failure to use the video ref in 2014 when Saints knocked on in the last move of the match cost us top spot.
It's not about Thierry's incompetence, which needs dealing with, it's Thaler's unprofessional reaction. He was well out of order.
You say I'm missing the point. Surely incompetence should be dealt with. Sure all refs and humans make mistakes and have to be accountable. Thierry takes it to another level. He didn't have to make a split second decision, the decisions he made were there for all to see. Anybody with only a limited knowledge of the game could have made the correct decisions. Why should a supposed professional be allowed to get away with that total and utter incompetence? I know I would have been fuming if it was the other way round. Our game has suffered from appalling refereeing standards for too long and they can't even get it right with the latest technology. If we can't even get it right with this then let's do away with it. I don't believe fellow Cas fans would have mentioned Thalers 'unprofessional' behaviour if these decisions were against us, we would have been too busy slating Thierry (and rightly so).

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 31 Mar 2016, 02:04

Still say you're missing the point. I dealt with it in my last post Thierry's incompetence should be dealt with but in the proper way and that isn't by hanging him out to dry in public to Todd Carney and thousands of people on TV who might be listening. Thierry should be dealt with as should Thaler.. And he has been I'm pleased to see. On the point of whether we wouldn't have said anything if the decisions were against us. A number on here did slate decisions both to award one try for us and one try denied us

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 31 Mar 2016, 12:28

I'm still going with Garlic Breath making the right decision based on the position of the feet.

Still , Thaler can say what he wants this week as he won't be on telly.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 31 Mar 2016, 19:46

I thought Monaghan only let go of the ball after it had left mcmeekan' head, so was still in control and a fair try. I did also think the Louis Anderson no try was a try.

Long live the Tigers!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Sep 2016, 11:22

another awful performance last night from him and cobb
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Sep 2016, 12:16

yep, saints must be very disappointed with thaler and cobb after that.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 30 Sep 2016, 12:41

A certain try with 2mins left
God knows what Cobb was thinking
TRY 100/100

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 30 Sep 2016, 13:58

Its about time they got some of the rubbish that we are dished up with, we have been on the wrong side of decisions for years against saints, my bed sores weep for them

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Sep 2016, 14:41

Thaler always has to make it about him
He needs putting out to grass

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 30 Sep 2016, 15:38

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Thaler always has to make it about him
So true

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 30 Sep 2016, 20:30

Unfortunately the producers at Sky tv made matters worse by wiring them up to a microphone. It is beyond me why anybody thinks people want to listen to 'moooove' 'hold HOLD!' being bellowed at them every 10 seconds. It is completely unwatchable in my opinion and when I do watch it is with the sound off.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 04 Apr 2017, 17:34

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Apr 2017, 19:27

If Thaler has been demoted for not sending Ferres off then it seems harsh to me. From his position behind the three Leeds tacklers, there is no way he would have see Ferres' involvement so clearly. If anything, his touch judges, who were both better positioned to see what Ferres did, should be the ones answering questions about their performance.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 04 Apr 2017, 19:40

alftupper wrote:
Unfortunately the producers at Sky tv made matters worse by wiring them up to a microphone. It is beyond me why anybody thinks people want to listen to 'moooove' 'hold HOLD!' being bellowed at them every 10 seconds. It is completely unwatchable in my opinion and when I do watch it is with the sound off.

i agree with alf its every game thaler is shouting and balling when there is no need for it
i wounder how many times he will go to screen this game??

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 04 Apr 2017, 22:18

Thaler gets dropped for not sending Ferres off but Jack Smith never gets demoted for being horrifically bad.

That guy would still be reffing amateurs if it wasn't for his story and the RFL using him to get some column inches.