Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Re: thaler

Post by alftupper » 30 Sep 2016, 20:30

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Thaler always has to make it about him
He needs putting out to grass
Unfortunately the producers at Sky tv made matters worse by wiring them up to a microphone. It is beyond me why anybody thinks people want to listen to 'moooove' 'hold HOLD!' being bellowed at them every 10 seconds. It is completely unwatchable in my opinion and when I do watch it is with the sound off.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 04 Apr 2017, 17:34

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Apr 2017, 19:27

If Thaler has been demoted for not sending Ferres off then it seems harsh to me. From his position behind the three Leeds tacklers, there is no way he would have see Ferres' involvement so clearly. If anything, his touch judges, who were both better positioned to see what Ferres did, should be the ones answering questions about their performance.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 04 Apr 2017, 19:40

alftupper wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Thaler always has to make it about him
He needs putting out to grass
Unfortunately the producers at Sky tv made matters worse by wiring them up to a microphone. It is beyond me why anybody thinks people want to listen to 'moooove' 'hold HOLD!' being bellowed at them every 10 seconds. It is completely unwatchable in my opinion and when I do watch it is with the sound off.

i agree with alf its every game thaler is shouting and balling when there is no need for it
i wounder how many times he will go to screen this game??

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 04 Apr 2017, 22:18

Thaler gets dropped for not sending Ferres off but Jack Smith never gets demoted for being horrifically bad.

That guy would still be reffing amateurs if it wasn't for his story and the RFL using him to get some column inches.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Apr 2017, 10:19

The refs can go to the video ref whenever they want and do so all the time, for drop outs, foul play and how to restart a match. The video ref can also jump in and speak to him. Both missed it but sky didn't both are guilty of incompetence and both should be demoted.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 05 Apr 2017, 10:43

The Ablett thing was the most bizarre decision he made in the match. He blatantly put his hand in Nuassallas face (some say gouging,which is what Frank claimed then Frank punched him. Result penalty Leeds to which Ablett bounced about like a celebrating monkey. At this point it had been shown on the screen numerous times and it was obvious he was wrong. Why didn't he reverse the decision.

Incidentally it was the second time in two weeks Ablett was accused of gouging. The mind boggles

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Apr 2017, 11:57

Sometimes the video ref almost runs the game and it undermines the ref but there are occasions when they are useless.
I saw the Ablett thing as gouging and don't know why they didn't report him either

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 05 Apr 2017, 13:29

What can kick and clap teach us? The ref goes up to the video ref after suspected foul play. The video ref and the ref consult on punishment, penalty, yellow red etc. The video ref also alerts the ref if any foul play is missed. After a try/no try, the on field ref can watch the screen and overrule the video ref., or at least discuss it.

I don't blame Thaler for not dismissing Ferres. Today you have to commit GBH to be sent off. Reading the Wigan and Leeds forums, Wane gets a blast for allowing Gildart back on for a while, and they knew more about his condition than Thaler did.

I remember the old refs, Sgt Major Clay and Thompson. No video, no cameras, a brutal game when refs "allowed" a degree of retribution, but were not slow to dismiss players. They were also personalities in their own right.