Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 May 2017, 11:00

That's true. The Council would have negotiated that as part of the deal for planning permission for green belt at 5 towns
If they hadn't made the stadium part of the 106 the money could have been used for some other community benefits
I think the club got a very good deal

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 10 May 2017, 13:30

HuddsTigers wrote:If anyone's interested within the WMDC district, Mary Creagh has once again tweeted that Newmarket will be getting £2m from the council.

We and Castleford Tigers need to kick up a fuss about this injustice. And vote with our feet in the elections. We shouldn't back a Labour council who are throwing money towards one team in the district, who are contributing naff all themselves to the project.

Similarly, we shouldn't be throwing money about like this when people are losing their jobs. It has to be something which benefits all clubs - e.g. same money for all and extended for all. Or for none.
Agree totally. The councilo have already paid for their planning application and designs, something we had to stump up for ourselves. If they are shelling out another £2million to them then we should be all over it.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 May 2017, 23:04

See my post up above. I'm really not convinced Wakey have got a better deal than we have

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 11 May 2017, 08:17

I always though the money from the council for Newmarket was for the community facilities (learning centre,4G pitches for hockey,football etc) around the ground. Is this wrong?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 11 May 2017, 08:34

duke street 10 wrote:I always though the money from the council for Newmarket was for the community facilities (learning centre,4G pitches for hockey,football etc) around the ground. Is this wrong?
I don't think anyone knows, most people were shocked to hear from Box and now Creagh that £2M was available without asking! I'm pretty sceptical myself.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 May 2017, 08:41

duke street 10 wrote:I always though the money from the council for Newmarket was for the community facilities (learning centre,4G pitches for hockey,football etc) around the ground. Is this wrong?
Trouble was, they could have been built with said money before now.

The £2m is earmarked for the stadium as it is what was necessary for Wakefield to get a SL licence last time around.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 May 2017, 23:47

JIN JER wrote:
I don't think anyone knows, most people were shocked to hear from Box and now Creagh that £2M was available without asking! I'm pretty sceptical myself.
think I agree there jinj, no one knows. I have a feeling it will be some thing along the lines of we'll put £2 million in if the club does. very murky waters just now with all sides keeping their cards close to their chests.
so many questions need answering but no one seems to know.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 May 2017, 09:59

Don't forget it's election time, so people give false promises to get elected.

If wakey could raise 2m then they wouldn't be looking at administration every year.

As a community stadium, anybody funding wakey for their end of the money will want something in return. They have no assets other than players and they aren't worth 2m. So what would they get? Nothing in return. The council will own the stadium and the name selling rights.

It would probably cost them a long sponsorship deal. But that's what's keeping them going at the moment and not fans through the door.

Will their crowd increase at a new facility at NM? Can't see it myself. Very few can be bothered now and it will hardly easy to walk to.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 May 2017, 12:41

The more I think of it the stranger it seems. Is the £2M that came from nowhere a case of, "here's £2M go away and stop digging", it all seems too convenient, was PB fearful of being taken to court? Probably more of a case of biding time till the agreement runs out in November and is renegotiated.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 07 Jun 2017, 20:27

Wakey are going to announce the move to Dewsbury in the next couple of weeks. Belle Vue to be demolished in November.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 08 Jun 2017, 13:33

Tigerade wrote:Wakey are going to announce the move to Dewsbury in the next couple of weeks. Belle Vue to be demolished in November.
Is it waiting for a rebuild or to await someone buying and building them a stadium?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Jun 2017, 14:27

Tigerade wrote:Wakey are going to announce the move to Dewsbury in the next couple of weeks. Belle Vue to be demolished in November.
where have you seen that tigerade. can't find any trace.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 08 Jun 2017, 16:12

Me neither, that's why I didn't bite, wishful thinking maybe?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 08 Jun 2017, 19:03

Not wishful thinking at all Jinje.
The club have booked the new training pitch at Dewsbury already for the close season. They train at Fev at the moment but are moving their entire operation to Dewsbury. If you ask the right player they will tell you.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 08 Jun 2017, 19:25

They also want the council to either loan them the money direct or act as guarantor to an investment company so that Newmarket can get started by the end of this year.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Jun 2017, 23:55

The Firm wrote:They also want the council to either loan them the money direct or act as guarantor to an investment company so that Newmarket can get started by the end of this year.
isn't that how amigo works?
good luck to them if true but I'm not sure the rate payers would be happy, especially if they defaulted.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 09 Jun 2017, 10:20

Tigerade wrote:Not wishful thinking at all Jinje.
The club have booked the new training pitch at Dewsbury already for the close season. They train at Fev at the moment but are moving their entire operation to Dewsbury. If you ask the right player they will tell you.
Not doubting the Dewsbury thing at all, come what may we'll end up at Dewsbury, I was doubting BV being demolished by November, unless they're hoping to re build on the land (which we don't own)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jun 2017, 22:42

Reading the Wakey forum, sounds like they have been truly undone again.

Latest news/rumour is that the developer will only deal with a new Trust headed up by Rodney Walker.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 23 Jun 2017, 01:38

HuddsTigers wrote:Reading the Wakey forum, sounds like they have been truly undone again.

Latest news/rumour is that the developer will only deal with a new Trust headed up by Rodney Walker.
They should maybe look a little closer to home as to where some of the problem lies.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 23 Jun 2017, 09:26

Is there anything official on this new trust ? Who are SRW's cohorts ? Have they made any statements yet on their aims ?