Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by Tigerade » 17 Mar 2019, 10:25

JIN JER wrote:Tigerade/tigerfeat what do you both think is strange about the timings?
The date was set for Tigers/Axiom planning committee meeting on 14th March. The Wakey/council loan news gets out in 13th March and could have been released weeks ago.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Mar 2019, 10:45

If the council are taking a loan of 3m on behalf of wakey and York Court don't or are not liable for building or paying for the NM case, how is it going to be paid back. That's also before any work is done on improvements. 2 new stands have got to be 5m in anybodies money, how's that paid?

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 21 Mar 2019, 17:43

So what are Castleford Tigers getting, to match what they have given to Wakefield, i am angry about this, very angry, but this will be mitigated somewhat, if the council give us £3 million quid to help get our new stadium built............over to you Mr Box!!

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 21 Mar 2019, 18:03

maybe it would only be fair if they gave us 3m to fill the corners of our proposed stadium. but i won't hold my breath.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 21 Mar 2019, 18:48

"Wakefield Council announced a £12m plan to redevelop Belle Vue in September 2017"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/47655935

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 21 Mar 2019, 19:17

Good Luck to Trinity.
I don't want any heartland and established clubs to be usurped by the franchise back door which could see Toronto, Tolouse and an American franchise and whatever else Red Hall comes up with so they can have all expenses fact finding trips and who knows what else.
On the way it is funded is another issue. If l was a council tax payer in the district l would put in a Freedom of information request to find out where the money is coming from in these austere times.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 21 Mar 2019, 19:54

Just seen on Look North that Wakefield is to have a football team from next year and will share Trinity's ground.
Could this have anything to do with the WMDC loan?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Mar 2019, 19:56

Just got my council tax forms today.
Took a look at it and I felt annoyed to think I was paying every month to finance Wakefield trinity. :evil:

Also do they have to present planning and jump through hoops like we did. Or is all that gonna be by passed.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Mar 2019, 23:03

Did Wakey have to announce it today just as everybody was getting the council tax statements landing on the doormats?

Well, given the council tax hike,while many services slashed to the bone (one of which has effected a family member) i've decided i wont set foot in Belle Vue again. Doesn't matter how important the game is, i will go down to our ground and clap the players onto the coach.

Let us not forget how they lost ownership of the ground in the 1st place. Its wasn't Yorkcourt,Peter Box's, the Councils,Sir Rodney Walker's,...it was their chairmen at the time that was responsible.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 22 Mar 2019, 10:54

Am I missing something in this matter?

Wakey secure loan to council to buy back ground without collateral and get land around it as well for one relatively small cost?

Who is paying for the upgrades, they aren't going to be cheap?

Where is the money coming from (for the upgrade) , I recall they couldn't get a loan due to previous issues?

The bloke with the benidorm flats got royally done over, who's going to do the work? Will the council have to guarantee that?

Can the council stand to lose the money should it not, be repaid, let's say on relegation?

Wakey, like us, are pretty much at their peak rugby standing wise. We are top 4 but not likely to win 8 grand finals in the next 10 years, we know other clubs will spend big, get it together and we'll drop.

Is it right to gamble so much on 4000 supporters, when they are cutting its services which will cause potential suffering for many more?

Would be interested to see the figures to see if we can make a quality training centre for our cheap loan if required.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 22 Mar 2019, 11:42

mart0042 wrote:Am I missing something in this matter?

Wakey secure loan to council to buy back ground without collateral and get land around it as well for one relatively small cost?

Where is the money coming from (for the upgrade) , I recall they couldn't get a loan due to previous issues?

The bloke with the benidorm flats got royally done over, who's going to do the work? Will the council have to guarantee that?

Can the council stand to lose the money should it not, be repaid, let's say on relegation?

Wakey, like us, are pretty much at their peak rugby standing wise. We are top 4 but not likely to win 8 grand finals in the next 10 years, we know other clubs will spend big, get it together and we'll drop.

Is it right to gamble so much on 4000 supporters, when they are cutting its services which will cause potential suffering for many more?

Would be interested to see the figures to see if we can make a quality training centre for our cheap loan if required.
This is a guess, but i think they will continue to chase Yorkcourt for the money,and with this Wakefield F.C coming on board they could secure some funding for the upgrade through the F.A and the Football trust?

You would hope before handing over the money the council will have written in plenty of clauses,and penalties if they default.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 22 Mar 2019, 17:46

Apparently Rodney Walker is involved in Wakefield FC in some capacity!? If this is true then wouldn’t be surprised if he’s behind securing the loan and no doubt will be tapping up his vast array of contacts to secure grants/funds for redevelopment.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Mar 2019, 15:32

duke street 10 wrote:

This is a guess, but i think they will continue to chase Yorkcourt for the mone
y,and with this Wakefield F.C coming on board they could secure some funding for the upgrade through the F.A and the Football trust?

You would hope before handing over the money the council will have written in plenty of clauses,and penalties if they default.
i'm sure i read awhile ago that MC's idea was to borrow the money but only pay the interest on it and in the meantime chase yorkcourt for the lump sum.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Mar 2019, 15:38

"we continue to be in active discussions with a number of other parties" = we have numerous begging bowls out there ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 Mar 2019, 10:37

duke street 10 wrote:

This is a guess, but i think they will continue to chase Yorkcourt for the money,and with this Wakefield F.C coming on board they could secure some funding for the upgrade through the F.A and the Football trust?

The new football club will be starting at the bottom. They won't be bringing much in certainly fans. I can't see the fa pumping the millions into the ground it needs four a startup, when they are only tenants.

If yorkcourt go bust, they owe nothing, I'm pretty sure they owe nothing as its not hit the percentage to make therm build the ground. So they've broken no agreement. That leaves the loan and payments to be paid.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 Mar 2019, 10:39

WallTiger wrote:Apparently Rodney Walker is involved in Wakefield FC in some capacity!? If this is true then wouldn’t be surprised if he’s behind securing the loan and no doubt will be tapping up his vast array of contacts to secure grants/funds for redevelopment.
Can't believe wakey would want him anywhere near.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 Mar 2019, 10:42

The chances are they'll get nowt from YorkCourt unless they want something in return like greenbelt land and planning permission.

This leaves the question, where is the money coming from to upgrade the stadium?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Apr 2019, 13:47

In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 10 Apr 2019, 14:21

So if trinity default and the council don’t get their money they are left with some not worth the value of the loan. I believe these are called ‘sub prime’ also known as irresponsible lending and what lead to to the last resession. Including the collapse of northern rock and others. Well done WMDC