Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by JIN JER » 20 Sep 2017, 19:10

I honestly don't think Yorkcourt have the finances to be involved finance wise, as I mentioned earlier the 88M logo is included on the roof of the North stand, just a bit of naughty advertising from that group? Or are they involved financially? I asked the question the other day why Manni Hussain was meeting with the council, MC and CB, unless that was just to negotiate the lease?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Sep 2017, 20:08

Well manni don't be paying it, that's for sure.

Again the council have to put into the site?

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 20 Sep 2017, 20:24

Oh the saviour Peter Box.......... bet he's not a [REMOVED] now polecats eh

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Sep 2017, 20:26

JIN JER wrote:I honestly don't think Yorkcourt have the finances to be involved finance wise, as I mentioned earlier the 88M logo is included on the roof of the North stand, just a bit of naughty advertising from that group? Or are they involved financially? I asked the question the other day why Manni Hussain was meeting with the council, MC and CB, unless that was just to negotiate the lease?
The deal is reliant on Yorkcourt signing a deal guaranteeing that they will pay the council for the build over a period of time. The council will take out a loan to get the build started and Trinity will pay the interest on that loan. Whats the betting that when push comes to shove Yorkcourt shy away from their commitment again? And that all of a sudden the terms for the retail are very much in 88M’s favour?

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 20 Sep 2017, 20:29

The question will also be how much are fev and cas getting out of the council coffers, lovely jubley, oh wait then theres the rah rah's, and footballers, cricket....... errr

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 20 Sep 2017, 20:50

I'm not being negative raj poot, I'm being realistic. Have a look at any of the grounds built in the last 20 years, they have 1) decent access by road 2) pedestrian concourses 3) decent car parking.
Where are you going to park 1000 cars within safe walking distance of the ground ? Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see both cas and wakey get decent stadia, but I still can't see how a 10000 capacity stadium which complies with safety standards in terms of pedestrian access and evacuation spaces can be built on what is essentially a triangular site bordered by a main road and housing on all sides. Unless you're thinking of playing tennis instead of rugby. Also not too sure about the mini Benidorm that they're proposing to build on your car park, the infrastructure in terms of drainage, sewerage, power demands etc is unlikely to cope. And there's no parking for the retail development either. Also the 12 million, what does that cover ? Stadium maybe, certainly not all the other gubbins on the artist's impression. So sorry if I don't buy into this 100%, but I would say realism over negativity. Where you get the wishful thinking bit from I've no idea, I haven't been to belle vue for 20 years and still remember paddling through the urine behind the north stand. I'd love to see you get an adequate ground same as us, they're by far the worst 2 in superleague and if licensing returns they will count against us. Our grounds were built in times where everyone walked to the match, things have moved on and we have to accept that and move on. The best of luck to all wakey supporters, I hope you get your new ground, but I suspect that this is the carrot for yorkcourt to get more land reclassified at Newmarket, then afterwards the feasibility studies will rule out redeveloping bv and we'll be back to square one. Realism my friend.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Sep 2017, 21:18

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:Just been looking on google earth and I can't see how they can fit a 10,000 stadium on the bv site. Unless they build one massive stand on one side and nothing on the other 3. Bigger pipe dream than ours I reckon. When you factor in what's required for planning in terms of access, car parking, emergency services access, impact to neighbours etc it's unlikely to get past outline planning even if the council own the leasehold. On another note, bet everyone in the five towns area will be thrilled to see their council tax being spent to please 5000 fans of a privately owned enterprise. Not for the first time as I seem to recall .....
Lot of negative assumptions and wishful thinking Spanish. While understanding the cynicism it does look very possible now. A proper funding stream from YCP and 88M looks set to deliver. YCP get the extra land to develop at Newmarket (Houses) which releasing extra funding. Beats sniffing round Pension funds who demand an aggressive return on investment. Roll on 2020. Well done to Carter whose taken the club from near bankruptcy on the verge of relegation to a top 4 fully solvent club about to get a secure future with a New ground. Truly outstanding achievement. :clap:
Top 4 club .............. Erm check the league table.

1 season finishing 5th doesn't make you a top 4 club im afraid

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 20 Sep 2017, 21:21

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby- ... tgalleries

The 3rd graphic showing the whole site is the interesting one. 6 blocks ranging from approx 8 to 15 floors and very little car parking unless one block is a multi story?
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 20 Sep 2017, 22:21

Be 6th if they lose to the pies ...

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Sep 2017, 22:48

I'm as cynical as the next man regarding the ground, but......Just for five days I'm gonna bask in the thought that we're getting a new ground, we've still a chance of meeting you in the semi and at the very worst we finish sixth, a magnificent achievement considering where the experts predicted we'd be. I'm gonna enjoy it all for a while. ;)

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 20 Sep 2017, 22:59

Hope you do both mate.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Sep 2017, 08:15

Looks very nice if it all comes off...the added bonus is it helps regenerate a part of Wakefield that needs it,like others have said getting the £'s out of Yorkcourt will be the hard part.

I'm guessing the issue of parking could be solved if some car parks could be built down by the new link road?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 21 Sep 2017, 09:32

duke street 10 wrote:I'm guessing the issue of parking could be solved if some car parks could be built down by the new link road?
The parking issue seems to be a problem. I'm sure that with any new builds there is a ratio for capacity attendance and parking space. With our planned 10,000 stadium we have been told a minimum of 660 spaces is required which runs at just over 15 people per space. If for example we were to move up to 12,000 we would need to find another 135 parking spaces.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 21 Sep 2017, 09:47

duke street 10 wrote:Looks very nice if it all comes off...the added bonus is it helps regenerate a part of Wakefield that needs it,like others have said getting the £'s out of Yorkcourt will be the hard part.

I'm guessing the issue of parking could be solved if some car parks could be built down by the new link road?
Depending on what amount of land has been taken up. If I remember correctly someone mooted a while since that the old power station site had been acquired for the new ground, were they on the right lines, could land be purchased just for parking?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 21 Sep 2017, 11:49

I can see ycp getting a free transfer of brown field land so they can build houses also 88m getting land snd be in charge of the rent. When wakey can't pay it'll fall back to the council and ultimately us. You just need to look at the mess at Salfords ground.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Sep 2017, 12:20

Let me put it like this:

Current owners of the site (88m) are behind the retail/residential/commercial development adjacent to the new ground and will be required to provide some funding for the stadium works.

Yorcourt get the sweetener of extra brown belt land, the removal of the stadium condition on the current site but are conditioned to pay a fee for 'community' facilities as part of the planning approval. This also goes towards (re-)building the new stadium.

WMDC take the long-term lease of the site (fees to be agreed as part of the 'deal') and they can then use more stringent powers for such as compulsory purchases to ensure all the required land is available for the whole development.

Who knows?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 21 Sep 2017, 12:42

So 88m get planning permission to build as they wish and ground rent for the stadium. As well as land compulsory bought for the project. It'll be interesting how much they pay towards the ground, but ultimately they own the land so the building is theirs. If the rent is defaulted on, they will be able to kick it the tenants and sell it.

Ycp get more for nothing. After falling to build the ground, they get land which they can develop to pay for the new build.

And again the council are the guarantees for the lease, so if wakey go bust, the rent is paid by the council.

You couldn't make it up.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 21 Sep 2017, 20:18

I wonder what the legalities are on this using public funds to in effect back hand companies, YC and their merry men have shafted the people good and proper and now the council are sucked in deeper...

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 22 Sep 2017, 10:12

It sounds like the council will compulsory purchase land around bv to give to 88m so that they can use his land to enable a stadium build.

I can't see where the council will get the money from unless they give council land away to ycp and arrange for it to be made into brown field or residential land.

Its looking like a bad deal for all but a few thousand wakey supporters. Any deal has got to benefit the many not the few.

To this end, good luck to them. They held out for a new stadium for cheap rent and no up keep and, as we all thought, to the cost of the council and the wider area.

MC has played a blinder, he's become a very able owner/ceo. They should take Rodney's knighthood off him and pass it over. He's taken a relegation threatened team to the brink of the play offs and is signing good players. If we didn't have the fultons and Steve Gill.....

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 22 Sep 2017, 11:03

Strange the trust members still don't seem to be posting positive messages on their board. Especially as there is a lot of cynicism (quite understandable) from some of their fans. Maybe they too are keeping their powder dry until they see the heads of terms first? Wasn't Newmarket suppose to have other mugger type pitches as well for the community?

Anyway good luck to them and as has already been said Michael Carter & Chris Brereton have done an amazing job in their short time there to totally transform the club. Wouldn't it be great if we are both in new stadia in the next 3 years and challenging at the right end of the table and all the talk can finally just be about the rugby...oh and how many more fans we've got than them! :lol: just kidding Wakey fan/s