Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Sep 2017, 12:20

Let me put it like this:

Current owners of the site (88m) are behind the retail/residential/commercial development adjacent to the new ground and will be required to provide some funding for the stadium works.

Yorcourt get the sweetener of extra brown belt land, the removal of the stadium condition on the current site but are conditioned to pay a fee for 'community' facilities as part of the planning approval. This also goes towards (re-)building the new stadium.

WMDC take the long-term lease of the site (fees to be agreed as part of the 'deal') and they can then use more stringent powers for such as compulsory purchases to ensure all the required land is available for the whole development.

Who knows?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 21 Sep 2017, 12:42

So 88m get planning permission to build as they wish and ground rent for the stadium. As well as land compulsory bought for the project. It'll be interesting how much they pay towards the ground, but ultimately they own the land so the building is theirs. If the rent is defaulted on, they will be able to kick it the tenants and sell it.

Ycp get more for nothing. After falling to build the ground, they get land which they can develop to pay for the new build.

And again the council are the guarantees for the lease, so if wakey go bust, the rent is paid by the council.

You couldn't make it up.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 21 Sep 2017, 20:18

I wonder what the legalities are on this using public funds to in effect back hand companies, YC and their merry men have shafted the people good and proper and now the council are sucked in deeper...

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Sep 2017, 10:12

It sounds like the council will compulsory purchase land around bv to give to 88m so that they can use his land to enable a stadium build.

I can't see where the council will get the money from unless they give council land away to ycp and arrange for it to be made into brown field or residential land.

Its looking like a bad deal for all but a few thousand wakey supporters. Any deal has got to benefit the many not the few.

To this end, good luck to them. They held out for a new stadium for cheap rent and no up keep and, as we all thought, to the cost of the council and the wider area.

MC has played a blinder, he's become a very able owner/ceo. They should take Rodney's knighthood off him and pass it over. He's taken a relegation threatened team to the brink of the play offs and is signing good players. If we didn't have the fultons and Steve Gill.....

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 22 Sep 2017, 11:03

Strange the trust members still don't seem to be posting positive messages on their board. Especially as there is a lot of cynicism (quite understandable) from some of their fans. Maybe they too are keeping their powder dry until they see the heads of terms first? Wasn't Newmarket suppose to have other mugger type pitches as well for the community?

Anyway good luck to them and as has already been said Michael Carter & Chris Brereton have done an amazing job in their short time there to totally transform the club. Wouldn't it be great if we are both in new stadia in the next 3 years and challenging at the right end of the table and all the talk can finally just be about the rugby...oh and how many more fans we've got than them! :lol: just kidding Wakey fan/s

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Sep 2017, 11:29

WallTiger wrote:Strange the trust members still don't seem to be posting positive messages on their board. Especially as there is a lot of cynicism (quite understandable) from some of their fans. Maybe they too are keeping their powder dry until they see the heads of terms first? Wasn't Newmarket suppose to have other mugger type pitches as well for the community?

Anyway good luck to them and as has already been said Michael Carter & Chris Brereton have done an amazing job in their short time there to totally transform the club. Wouldn't it be great if we are both in new stadia in the next 3 years and challenging at the right end of the table and all the talk can finally just be about the rugby...oh and how many more fans we've got than them! :lol: just kidding Wakey fan/s
Michael Carter and Chris Bretherton are both trust members, I've never known MC talk so positively about the ground/Newmarket plans.
Regarding mugger pitches, I'm assuming you're talking training pitches, one of the other trust members posted that talks regarding them are still ongoing,
I'm guessing YC are gonna construct training facilities on the Newmarket site, mainly due to a lack of space at BV and paying lip service to the fact that they promised them initially.

Your final paragraph, I'd love it if we both had new stadia and were constantly battling in the top four, it would be great for RL and even better for the area.
'and we've got more fans than them'.....Tigerade, is that you? ;)
*All the best for the rest of the season* Choke, choke.
Not that you'll need it. ;)

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 22 Sep 2017, 12:40

Hope Wakey finish off their season with a win and it all comes to fruition for you.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 25 Oct 2017, 21:06

Sound like a case of Carter wanting his cake and eating it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Oct 2017, 23:22

whilst I don't fully understand the issue as there are now so many different factions involved in the "heads of terms agreement" I feel that MC has shot himself in the foot in the negotiations.
when the RFL said they supported the proposal as wakey would be out of SL without it MC responded by saying "I told you all I wasn't bluffing".
for me that played into the other parties hands as they knew he had no leverage and would have to accept whatever they offered or he had to act on his threat to leave the city.
I think he'll back down.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 25 Oct 2017, 23:31

lurcher wrote:whilst I don't fully understand the issue as there are now so many different factions involved in the "heads of terms agreement" I feel that MC has shot himself in the foot in the negotiations.
when the RFL said they supported the proposal as wakey would be out of SL without it MC responded by saying "I told you all I wasn't bluffing".
for me that played into the other parties hands as they knew he had no leverage and would have to accept whatever they offered or he had to act on his threat to leave the city.
I think he'll back down.
He doesn’t strike me as the kind of man that will concede defeat, i reckon he’ll take them to Dewsbury first.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Oct 2017, 00:13

The Firm wrote:
lurcher wrote:whilst I don't fully understand the issue as there are now so many different factions involved in the "heads of terms agreement" I feel that MC has shot himself in the foot in the negotiations.
I think he'll back down.
He doesn’t strike me as the kind of man that will concede defeat, i reckon he’ll take them to Dewsbury first.
He also strikes me as a man that never accepts blame, blaming everyone else for his own failings.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 26 Oct 2017, 00:48

Flat Capper wrote:
The Firm wrote:
I think he'll back down.
He also strikes me as a man that never accepts blame, blaming everyone else for his own failings.
Seems that way. Fits in well with their fans there.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 26 Oct 2017, 10:02

The phrase "owt for nowt" is becoming a bit synonymous with Wakey. They now want a stadium building for nothing. Thornes Park - where did that come from ? They don't want to pay any rent and want all monies from bar takings and food outlets. I wonder if Hull FC could get a similar deal at the KC Stadium with their local council.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 26 Oct 2017, 10:20

Reminds me of that Dire Straits song Money for nothin' and rent for free. (sorry artistic license taken)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Oct 2017, 10:39

havnt they been duped ? one more year at belle vue then the land will be used for more a lot more profitable things than rugby league cant see the developer being that arsed waiting 12 months to do what he really wants to do with the land
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

brodie123

Post by brodie123 » 26 Oct 2017, 10:43

The owner of the site is out of the U.K., I do know he has agreed a 40 year lease back with the council, current position, the ground rent is currently being paid by SL, the owner of the site wants no rent for the next year, going forward Wakefield they want to pay no rent, they want to benefit from the income generated from inside and outside of the ground, the council cannot agree to this as Wakefield are a privately owned company and they cannot benefit from taxpayers money. So in effect the chairman owns the SL franchise ,they benefit from the £1.5 million they get from Sky , they want to pay no rent but benefit from takings generated from the ground, the value of Wakefield would skyrocket . Great plan if it would work, this time I think it's gone a little two far and Wakefield will have to back down. What is the use of a salary cap if you have no outgoings other than wages.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 26 Oct 2017, 10:47

The Knight in Shining Armour will no doubt be involved in all this!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Oct 2017, 12:06

alcasfan wrote:The Knight in Shining Armour will no doubt be involved in all this!
#Where'sRodney

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 26 Oct 2017, 12:46

Pie in the sky.
As predicted.
Several times ....