Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by The Firm » 12 Apr 2017, 16:00

They are also getting the £2million from the council if they ask for it. We should be putting our request in as well asap.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 12 Apr 2017, 17:29

Sounds like Newmarket could be built after all...wonder what would happen if Yorkcourt (or whatever they are called now) went bust when the trigger point is hit?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 12 Apr 2017, 17:38

The Firm wrote:They are also getting the £2million from the council if they ask for it. We should be putting our request in as well asap.
Should be straight in for our £2million and make our proposed ground into a proper stadium and get the corners filled in.

Raj Poot Wildcat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Raj Poot Wildcat » 12 Apr 2017, 19:25

Sharlotiger wrote:
The Firm wrote:They are also getting the £2million from the council if they ask for it. We should be putting our request in as well asap.
Should be straight in for our £2million and make our proposed ground into a proper stadium and get the corners filled in.
A £ to a penny says you'll be getting the £2m if the developers can show they can deliver your project. The race is on, Newmarket I make odds on favourite to be first.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Apr 2017, 21:43

Given our groundworks are in place to start next month and we have funding, that's doubtful.

You don't have a penny yet. And you still have £2m to raise, which from reading the council comments suggests they expect you to raise something and they will supply part of that, not all of it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 12 Apr 2017, 21:51

thats it wmdc help wakefield out again with our tax payers money -council cant pay for care link no more
they up the council tax for social care in erea.my grandad and other vunrable people have to cover there own care link but they can find money to help out trinity who have had millions of pounds in cas and services its wrong

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 12 Apr 2017, 23:00

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
A £ to a penny says you'll be getting the £2m if the developers can show they can deliver your project. The race is on, Newmarket I make odds on favourite to be first.
Not a cat in hells chance

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Apr 2017, 23:06

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
are you having a monster bet on wakey with 22 start on Friday raj mate.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 13 Apr 2017, 00:12

Newmarket is never going to get built, new agreement or not.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Apr 2017, 01:10

sadly I have to agree sheriff and if it ever is built it won't ever be a community stadium in the true meaning.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Apr 2017, 09:44

Welcome back Raj - Do they only let you out once a year ?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 May 2017, 08:45

If anyone's interested within the WMDC district, Mary Creagh has once again tweeted that Newmarket will be getting £2m from the council.

We and Castleford Tigers need to kick up a fuss about this injustice. And vote with our feet in the elections. We shouldn't back a Labour council who are throwing money towards one team in the district, who are contributing naff all themselves to the project.

Similarly, we shouldn't be throwing money about like this when people are losing their jobs. It has to be something which benefits all clubs - e.g. same money for all and extended for all. Or for none.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 10 May 2017, 10:33

I'll be asking the question HT. If a handout of £2 million is good enough for Wakey then it would no doubt come in handy for both Cas Tigers and Fev Rovers.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 May 2017, 10:40

HuddsTigers wrote:If anyone's interested within the WMDC district, Mary Creagh has once again tweeted that Newmarket will be getting £2m from the council.

We and Castleford Tigers need to kick up a fuss about this injustice. And vote with our feet in the elections. We shouldn't back a Labour council who are throwing money towards one team in the district, who are contributing naff all themselves to the project.

Similarly, we shouldn't be throwing money about like this when people are losing their jobs. It has to be something which benefits all clubs - e.g. same money for all and extended for all. Or for none.
I can't imagine in these days of cutting services and managing finances that Wakey are just gonna get £2M deposited in their account, won't be anywhere near as simple as that.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 May 2017, 10:41

Tigerade wrote:I'll be asking the question HT. If a handout of £2 million is good enough for Wakey then it would no doubt come in handy for both Cas Tigers and Fev Rovers.
You're getting a £13M stadium for free, don't be greedy. :)

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 May 2017, 11:00

That's true. The Council would have negotiated that as part of the deal for planning permission for green belt at 5 towns
If they hadn't made the stadium part of the 106 the money could have been used for some other community benefits
I think the club got a very good deal

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 10 May 2017, 13:30

HuddsTigers wrote:If anyone's interested within the WMDC district, Mary Creagh has once again tweeted that Newmarket will be getting £2m from the council.

Agree totally. The councilo have already paid for their planning application and designs, something we had to stump up for ourselves. If they are shelling out another £2million to them then we should be all over it.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 May 2017, 23:04

See my post up above. I'm really not convinced Wakey have got a better deal than we have

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 11 May 2017, 08:17

I always though the money from the council for Newmarket was for the community facilities (learning centre,4G pitches for hockey,football etc) around the ground. Is this wrong?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 11 May 2017, 08:34

duke street 10 wrote:I always though the money from the council for Newmarket was for the community facilities (learning centre,4G pitches for hockey,football etc) around the ground. Is this wrong?
I don't think anyone knows, most people were shocked to hear from Box and now Creagh that £2M was available without asking! I'm pretty sceptical myself.