Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by The Firm » 31 Jul 2017, 07:25

lurcher wrote:the more you think about it the more complicated/absurd it gets.
just as a layman it sounds as if mc is saying its easier for wmdc to borrow the money than wakey/mc.
but who are they borrowing the money from? do they go to the banks and say "can we borrow £10 million from you to build a stadium for wakefield trinity and they'll pay us the interest whilst we try and re-coup the £10 million"
if you were a financial institution would you lend any one money on those terms? probably not.
And amazingly Carter has said on their forum what does it matter if it's never paid back as long as the interest is paid! I'm pretty sure whoever lends the money would like it paying back over an agreed period of time as well as the interest, thats how loans tend to work!

Also if the council are doling out £10 million loans to speed up developments being built then claiming it back from the developer after the event then they better have another loan lined up for us as well. Plus the £2 million contribution. Fairs fair and all that.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 31 Jul 2017, 08:46

Wheldon Road despite a lick of paint and a few cosmetic tweaks is still a relic from a bygone age,personally l love the old girl and will be sad when we finally leave.
As will many visiting speccies but times change.
Belle Vue is in a worse state but as long as it meets health and safety requirements l do not really care l only go once or maybe
twice a year for a couple of hours at a time.
I would hate to see a team which is delivering on the field relegated for not having soft toilet tissue(joke,l was going to say tongue in cheek but that would be open to misinterpretation.)
I do find it somewhat tedious the way an unelected body at Redhall oversee our game.
Bradford won trophies galore whilst living beyond their means time after time despite a so called compliance body ensuring accountability.
We were relegated when Wigan went over the salary cap.
Heart land clubs are left to flounder whislt the expansionist agenda is persued.
Lets make sure our foundations are sound.
We were vociferous enough when mergers were on the table and concerned when the franchise system seemed to have an agenda to do us down.
We talk of our sport as a family sport so has the family been consulted by the despots at Redhall who's ever decision is beyond question.
I do not see them offering a mechanism for anyone to question them or the officials in fact they fine them if the do.
I don't have an answer to The Wakefield situation but for me expulsion is not the answer.
(Old fashioned me still prefers the old grounds to the characterless concrete edifices)
C.O.Y.F.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 31 Jul 2017, 08:58

casjunction wrote:Wheldon Road despite a lick of paint and a few cosmetic tweaks is still a relic from a bygone age,personally l love the old girl and will be sad when we finally leave.
Belle Vue is in a worse state but as long as it meets health and safety requirements l do not really care l only go once or maybe
I would hate to see a team which is delivering on the field relegated for not having soft toilet tissue(joke,l was going to say tongue in cheek but that would be open to misinterpretation.)
I do find it somewhat tedious the way an unelected body at Redhall oversee our game.
Bradford won trophies galore whilst living beyond their means time after time despite a so called compliance body ensuring accountability.
Heart land clubs are left to flounder whislt the expansionist agenda is persued.
We were vociferous enough when mergers were on the table and concerned when the franchise system seemed to have an agenda to do us down.
We talk of our sport as a family sport so has the family been consulted by the despots at Redhall who's ever decision is beyond question.
I do not see them offering a mechanism for anyone to question them or the officials in fact they fine them if the do.
I don't have an answer to The Wakefield situation but for me expulsion is not the answer.
(Old fashioned me still prefers the old grounds to the characterless concrete edifices)
C.O.Y.F.
Well said, agree with every word.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Jul 2017, 09:26

get the council to borrow 12million from the bank and agree to pay the interest on the loan so a new ground can be built ,is that the plan ? im no brainbox but if i was on the council being asked this my first thought would be if the club get relegated in the coming years im going to be stuck with a 12 million pound loan to repay
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 31 Jul 2017, 10:20

casjunction wrote:Wheldon Road despite a lick of paint and a few cosmetic tweaks is still a relic from a bygone age,personally l love the old girl and will be sad when we finally leave.
C.O.Y.F.
:clap:

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 31 Jul 2017, 12:09

I have to admit that I haven't followed this sorry state very closely. But I have seen, heard and read one or two interviews with MC, and one thing I did pick up on is he seems to say "I haven't had any approach about selling our super league license" (or words to that affect) quite a bit. However I've not heard him say he isn't interested in selling the license.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 31 Jul 2017, 17:00

Tamworth Tiger wrote:It's a reserve for absolute and unforeseen emergencies which could effectively bankrupt the organisation. The Auditors wouldn't include lending £10 to bail out a third party as an appropriate use of that reserve
I don't disagree...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 01 Aug 2017, 13:53

I'm not up on the interest rates for loans anymore, but I would have thought the interest on 10, million pound would be very large, and with their track record on debt I would have thought a guarantor would be needed, that's if someone was daft enough to do it

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 01 Aug 2017, 14:49

So what happen with the big 'could get chucked out of superleague' meeting yesterday, or was it just more Carter scaremongering again?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 01 Aug 2017, 15:07

think I've seen some where that nothing will be announced by the rfl until mid august.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 01 Aug 2017, 15:51

I recon the RFL will let them play on at BV for another season. The council cannot get a loan for something that will not likely ever be paid back. Wakey have said they will pay the interest on the loan and the council have to chase Yorkcourt for the 10 million. It just won't happen.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 01 Aug 2017, 16:00

^This.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 01 Aug 2017, 19:27

Tigerade wrote:I recon the RFL will let them play on at BV for another season. The council cannot get a loan for something that will not likely ever be paid back. Wakey have said they will pay the interest on the loan and the council have to chase Yorkcourt for the 10 million. It just won't happen.
Bonkers to even think it would!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 01 Aug 2017, 19:49

JIN JER wrote:So what the funk is this idiot up to?
(On The Wakey RLfans)

Seeing as I would be as welcome as a frat in a space suit on there, I'll answer.

De-rail, delay, obstruct, discombobulate, distract, pass the blame - Bingo ! Pay day!!

It's been the plan all along!

He ain't no idiot, Bruv!!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 01 Aug 2017, 22:12

alcasfan wrote:
(On The Wakey RLfans)

Seeing as I would be as welcome as a frat in a space suit on there, I'll answer.

De-rail, delay, obstruct, discombobulate, distract, pass the blame - Bingo ! Pay day!!

It's JINJER without the gap on RL fans. ;)

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alcasfan » 01 Aug 2017, 22:14

JIN JER wrote:
alcasfan wrote:
(On The Wakey RLfans)

It's JINJER without the gap on RL fans. ;)
I know! But the answer remains the same!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Aug 2017, 10:43

alcasfan wrote:
Tigerade wrote:I recon the RFL will let them play on at BV for another season. The council cannot get a loan for something that will not likely ever be paid back. Wakey have said they will pay the interest on the loan and the council have to chase Yorkcourt for the 10 million. It just won't happen.
Bonkers to even think it would!
The council won't chase yorkcourt, too much money to do so and the fact they've done nothing wrong won't help. The deal makers got a rubbish s106.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Aug 2017, 09:11

The council won't chase yorkcourt, too much money to do so and the fact they've done nothing wrong won't help. The deal makers got a rubbish s106.
The deal makers - the people who agreed the original 106 are the community trust that are still flying the flag for the new stadium at NM. I cannot believe they are still going. They should have fell on their swords a long time ago IMO. When they didn't spot the "anomaly" in the Newcold building not been part of the trigger point (a massive oversight) they should have walked.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 03 Aug 2017, 10:07

Tigerade wrote:
The deal makers - the people who agreed the original 106 are the community trust that are still flying the flag for the new stadium at NM. I cannot believe they are still going. They should have fell on their swords a long time ago IMO. When they didn't spot the "anomaly" in the Newcold building not been part of the trigger point (a massive oversight) they should have walked.
The thing that gets me is they are the very people blaming the council, York court and Cas amongst others. Don't negotiate something your un trained to do so.

Yorkcourt have played a blinder in business terms. They got green belt reclassified for the promise of a new ground. Which they didn't intend to build and knew the agreement couldn't force them to. Now they are wanting the wakey fans to support the reclassification to allow housing instead.. Just wonderful work by their staff. If they were running wakey they'd be in a new stadium, money in the bank and a team of internationals.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 03 Aug 2017, 10:52

Tigerade wrote:
They all have to be commended for the massive effort they have put in, for that they deserve plenty of credit. But the fact is that sadly they are out of their depth and don't have the qualifications, experience or expertise of these kinds of dealings, the only one that did was Sir Rodney and he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. There's a guy on there who was wrong with virtually everything he put on their forum back in the day and that bloke is now the trust chairman! And there latest 'answer' of the council loan is nothing short of fanciful. Quite simply they have failed in their task. They need to swallow their pride and find some professionals to facilitate the negotiations from here if they to have any hope.