Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by alcasfan » 01 Aug 2017, 22:14

JIN JER wrote:
alcasfan wrote:
JIN JER wrote:So what the funk is this idiot up to?
(On The Wakey RLfans)

Seeing as I would be as welcome as a frat in a space suit on there, I'll answer.

De-rail, delay, obstruct, discombobulate, distract, pass the blame - Bingo ! Pay day!!

It's been the plan all along!

He ain't no idiot, Bruv!!
It's JINJER without the gap on RL fans. ;)
I know! But the answer remains the same!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Aug 2017, 10:43

alcasfan wrote:
Tigerade wrote:I recon the RFL will let them play on at BV for another season. The council cannot get a loan for something that will not likely ever be paid back. Wakey have said they will pay the interest on the loan and the council have to chase Yorkcourt for the 10 million. It just won't happen.
Bonkers to even think it would!
The council won't chase yorkcourt, too much money to do so and the fact they've done nothing wrong won't help. The deal makers got a rubbish s106.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Aug 2017, 09:11

The council won't chase yorkcourt, too much money to do so and the fact they've done nothing wrong won't help. The deal makers got a rubbish s106.
The deal makers - the people who agreed the original 106 are the community trust that are still flying the flag for the new stadium at NM. I cannot believe they are still going. They should have fell on their swords a long time ago IMO. When they didn't spot the "anomaly" in the Newcold building not been part of the trigger point (a massive oversight) they should have walked.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 03 Aug 2017, 10:07

Tigerade wrote:
The deal makers - the people who agreed the original 106 are the community trust that are still flying the flag for the new stadium at NM. I cannot believe they are still going. They should have fell on their swords a long time ago IMO. When they didn't spot the "anomaly" in the Newcold building not been part of the trigger point (a massive oversight) they should have walked.
The thing that gets me is they are the very people blaming the council, York court and Cas amongst others. Don't negotiate something your un trained to do so.

Yorkcourt have played a blinder in business terms. They got green belt reclassified for the promise of a new ground. Which they didn't intend to build and knew the agreement couldn't force them to. Now they are wanting the wakey fans to support the reclassification to allow housing instead.. Just wonderful work by their staff. If they were running wakey they'd be in a new stadium, money in the bank and a team of internationals.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 03 Aug 2017, 10:52

Tigerade wrote:
They all have to be commended for the massive effort they have put in, for that they deserve plenty of credit. But the fact is that sadly they are out of their depth and don't have the qualifications, experience or expertise of these kinds of dealings, the only one that did was Sir Rodney and he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. There's a guy on there who was wrong with virtually everything he put on their forum back in the day and that bloke is now the trust chairman! And there latest 'answer' of the council loan is nothing short of fanciful. Quite simply they have failed in their task. They need to swallow their pride and find some professionals to facilitate the negotiations from here if they to have any hope.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Aug 2017, 16:08

But the fact is that sadly they are out of their depth and don't have the qualifications, experience or expertise of these kinds of dealings, the only one that did was Sir Rodney and he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory.
Firm - Maybe that is why they have invited him back onto the original trust - to steer the ship so to speak ?

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 04 Aug 2017, 09:48

Tigerade wrote:
But the fact is that sadly they are out of their depth and don't have the qualifications, experience or expertise of these kinds of dealings, the only one that did was Sir Rodney and he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory.
Firm - Maybe that is why they have invited him back onto the original trust - to steer the ship so to speak ?
Steer? straight into the rocks!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 04 Aug 2017, 09:53

I imagine the original plan was for Walker to guide the way but that ship has probably sailed now. They need a couple of experts in their field in there though to fill the gap, a group of triers no doubt but need help on the knowhow and influence, preferably from outside to look at it with fresh eyes.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 01 Sep 2017, 16:20

D-day next week. Wakey are releasing details on season tickets along with where they are playing. I'm tipping it's their last year at BV.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 01 Sep 2017, 17:03

Tigerade wrote:D-day next week. Wakey are releasing details on season tickets along with where they are playing. I'm tipping it's their last year at BV.
Again!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Sep 2017, 12:29

only just noticed it but martyn sadler in the league express says "it will seem strange watching wakefield play at Dewsbury next year but this now seems a distinct possibility"
jo brand is eddie warings love child

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 19 Sep 2017, 15:41

The thread on their rlfans page is all a bit muted and whilst understandable the trust members who post on there probably can't say too much at the minute, reading between the lines of the posts they have made it doesn't sound like it's the outcome they want. Could be totally wrong of course and looks like tomorrow all will be revealed.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 19 Sep 2017, 15:59

Dewsbury ..... mmm remember this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/rugby_ ... 813592.stm not fit for purpose

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Sep 2017, 17:45

Strange that the council have called meetings for today and tomorrow but not invited any members of the trust. could Sir Rodney be involved again ?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Sep 2017, 18:50

Tigerade wrote:Strange that the council have called meetings for today and tomorrow but not invited any members of the trust. could Sir Rodney be involved again ?
Michael Carter and Chris Bretherton are both members of the trust. Regarding Rodney, not an earthly, he and MC don't get on, as far as I understand it, the meeting was between Peter Box, MC, CB, and Manni Hussain the owner of BV. Read what you will into that. I'm gonna guess, one more season at BV and in the meantime efforts will be made to find funding for a scaled down stadium, which MC and CB will refuse. MC has already Tweeted that, not just any old community stadium will do, suggesting he's not 100% happy with the offer.
All speculation on my part here.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Sep 2017, 20:27

Interesting Jinger. See what tomorrow brings. I don't think you will be far off the mark with that assessment.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Sep 2017, 22:40

its already being said that our new stadium (10,000) won't be big enough if we continue to grow at our current rate.
if the council were to lend wakey £10,000 they could buy our stadium. then the council lend us £10,000 and with the £10,000 we got from wakey we could demolish the jungle and build a 15,000 capacity stadium there.
we've both then had £10,000 each from the council and both got the new stadia we need.
only kidding jinj mate. ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Sep 2017, 10:25

lurcher wrote:its already being said that our new stadium (10,000) won't be big enough if we continue to grow at our current rate.
if the council were to lend wakey £10,000 they could buy our stadium. then the council lend us £10,000 and with the £10,000 we got from wakey we could demolish the jungle and build a 15,000 capacity stadium there.
we've both then had £10,000 each from the council and both got the new stadia we need.
only kidding jinj mate. ;)
You really are a wag Lurcher. :)

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alcasfan » 20 Sep 2017, 13:54

Bellevue to be redeveloped.

"Wakefield Council have now agreed to take out a new lease on the current Belle Vue site"

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby- ... -exclusive

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 20 Sep 2017, 15:02

I'll be the first to admit I haven't been following this very closely, but I have a few questions.
1. Didn't Youcourt say there was no money for the new ground? But suddenly they're paying for what's quite clearly going to be a new ground. Just in a different location
2. Will the council be giving Cas and Fev an equal amount to whatever it's going to cost for the lease? Or will Wakey be paying the council back? If they are going to be paying it back why dont Wakey take the lease out their selves
3. Since there's no spare land around the existing stadium (other than behind the main stand) where's all the extra land coming from around the other 3 sides of the ground.

Whole thing seams like a stalling tack tic to me