Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by Tigerade » 19 Sep 2017, 20:27

Interesting Jinger. See what tomorrow brings. I don't think you will be far off the mark with that assessment.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Sep 2017, 22:40

its already being said that our new stadium (10,000) won't be big enough if we continue to grow at our current rate.
if the council were to lend wakey £10,000 they could buy our stadium. then the council lend us £10,000 and with the £10,000 we got from wakey we could demolish the jungle and build a 15,000 capacity stadium there.
we've both then had £10,000 each from the council and both got the new stadia we need.
only kidding jinj mate. ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Sep 2017, 10:25

lurcher wrote:its already being said that our new stadium (10,000) won't be big enough if we continue to grow at our current rate.
if the council were to lend wakey £10,000 they could buy our stadium. then the council lend us £10,000 and with the £10,000 we got from wakey we could demolish the jungle and build a 15,000 capacity stadium there.
we've both then had £10,000 each from the council and both got the new stadia we need.
only kidding jinj mate. ;)
You really are a wag Lurcher. :)

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 20 Sep 2017, 13:54

Bellevue to be redeveloped.

"Wakefield Council have now agreed to take out a new lease on the current Belle Vue site"

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby- ... -exclusive
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 20 Sep 2017, 15:02

I'll be the first to admit I haven't been following this very closely, but I have a few questions.
1. Didn't Youcourt say there was no money for the new ground? But suddenly they're paying for what's quite clearly going to be a new ground. Just in a different location
2. Will the council be giving Cas and Fev an equal amount to whatever it's going to cost for the lease? Or will Wakey be paying the council back? If they are going to be paying it back why dont Wakey take the lease out their selves
3. Since there's no spare land around the existing stadium (other than behind the main stand) where's all the extra land coming from around the other 3 sides of the ground.

Whole thing seams like a stalling tack tic to me

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 20 Sep 2017, 16:12

Just been looking on google earth and I can't see how they can fit a 10,000 stadium on the bv site. Unless they build one massive stand on one side and nothing on the other 3. Bigger pipe dream than ours I reckon. When you factor in what's required for planning in terms of access, car parking, emergency services access, impact to neighbours etc it's unlikely to get past outline planning even if the council own the leasehold. On another note, bet everyone in the five towns area will be thrilled to see their council tax being spent to please 5000 fans of a privately owned enterprise. Not for the first time as I seem to recall .....

Raj Poot Wildcat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Raj Poot Wildcat » 20 Sep 2017, 16:31

Spanishtiger wrote:Just been looking on google earth and I can't see how they can fit a 10,000 stadium on the bv site. Unless they build one massive stand on one side and nothing on the other 3. Bigger pipe dream than ours I reckon. When you factor in what's required for planning in terms of access, car parking, emergency services access, impact to neighbours etc it's unlikely to get past outline planning even if the council own the leasehold. On another note, bet everyone in the five towns area will be thrilled to see their council tax being spent to please 5000 fans of a privately owned enterprise. Not for the first time as I seem to recall .....
Lot of negative assumptions and wishful thinking Spanish. While understanding the cynicism it does look very possible now. A proper funding stream from YCP and 88M looks set to deliver. YCP get the extra land to develop at Newmarket (Houses) which releasing extra funding. Beats sniffing round Pension funds who demand an aggressive return on investment. Roll on 2020. Well done to Carter whose taken the club from near bankruptcy on the verge of relegation to a top 4 fully solvent club about to get a secure future with a New ground. Truly outstanding achievement. :clap:

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Sep 2017, 16:38

Craigy B wrote:I'll be the first to admit I haven't been following this very closely, but I have a few questions.
1. Didn't Youcourt say there was no money for the new ground? But suddenly they're paying for what's quite clearly going to be a new ground. Just in a different location
2. Will the council be giving Cas and Fev an equal amount to whatever it's going to cost for the lease? Or will Wakey be paying the council back? If they are going to be paying it back why dont Wakey take the lease out their selves
3. Since there's no spare land around the existing stadium (other than behind the main stand) where's all the extra land coming from around the other 3 sides of the ground.

Whole thing seams like a stalling tack tic to me
We're gonna have a really small playing area. :)
1.I'm in the dark as much as everyone, but on the artists impression the roof of the North stand has 88M super imposed on it.
2. Can't answer that one.
3. No spare land, how about the bloody massive car park, move the playing area over to that side a little, not sure if you've been to BV but we have four sides now, albeit one is temporary, There is a fair bit of room behind the Benidorm flats, whether there's enough to build a stand is up to the architects/builders. If the impressions are supposedly accurate the North stand looks much shallower than the existing North stand so the playing area could be moved up towards the church.
Last edited by JIN JER on 20 Sep 2017, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Sep 2017, 16:41

Deffo a tactic to delay the inevitable...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 20 Sep 2017, 17:54

Aaron Bower‏ @AaronBower 4h4 hours ago

Plan is: WT remain anchor tenants. Council will borrow the money to build the stadium before transferring ownership to @WakefieldTrust
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 20 Sep 2017, 18:11

Whether it gets built or not remains to be seen but, looking at the images, it's a far better design than The 5 Towns stadium.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Sep 2017, 18:32

Yeah dont know if it will get built or not but fair play to wakey they should have won at least one of there last two games and been in top four randell i think was a good signing and horo today hope they get more people down to support them next season deserve to
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Sep 2017, 18:43

alcasfan wrote:Aaron Bower‏ @AaronBower 4h4 hours ago

Plan is: WT remain anchor tenants. Council will borrow the money to build the stadium before transferring ownership to @WakefieldTrust
I really can't see the council borrowing to build the stadium, I don't know the cost of buying our lease, could it be that the council are borrowing to pay that?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 20 Sep 2017, 19:04

The biggest hurdle is getting the 12 million in the next 12 months before building starts - if the council recon they will get some of that from YCP they might need to have a re-think.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 20 Sep 2017, 19:07

Lot of negative assumptions and wishful thinking Spanish. While understanding the cynicism it does look very possible now. A proper funding stream from YCP and 88M looks set to deliver. YCP get the extra land to develop at Newmarket (Houses) which releasing extra funding. Beats sniffing round Pension funds who demand an aggressive return on investment. Roll on 2020. Well done to Carter whose taken the club from near bankruptcy on the verge of relegation to a top 4 fully solvent club about to get a secure future with a New ground. Truly outstanding achievement.
Hey-up Raj - where you been for so long ? Must have been some pile of dished that needed scrubbing. :D

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Sep 2017, 19:10

I honestly don't think Yorkcourt have the finances to be involved finance wise, as I mentioned earlier the 88M logo is included on the roof of the North stand, just a bit of naughty advertising from that group? Or are they involved financially? I asked the question the other day why Manni Hussain was meeting with the council, MC and CB, unless that was just to negotiate the lease?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Sep 2017, 20:08

Well manni don't be paying it, that's for sure.

Again the council have to put into the site?

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 20 Sep 2017, 20:24

Oh the saviour Peter Box.......... bet he's not a [REMOVED] now polecats eh

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Sep 2017, 20:26

JIN JER wrote:I honestly don't think Yorkcourt have the finances to be involved finance wise, as I mentioned earlier the 88M logo is included on the roof of the North stand, just a bit of naughty advertising from that group? Or are they involved financially? I asked the question the other day why Manni Hussain was meeting with the council, MC and CB, unless that was just to negotiate the lease?
The deal is reliant on Yorkcourt signing a deal guaranteeing that they will pay the council for the build over a period of time. The council will take out a loan to get the build started and Trinity will pay the interest on that loan. Whats the betting that when push comes to shove Yorkcourt shy away from their commitment again? And that all of a sudden the terms for the retail are very much in 88M’s favour?

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 20 Sep 2017, 20:29

The question will also be how much are fev and cas getting out of the council coffers, lovely jubley, oh wait then theres the rah rah's, and footballers, cricket....... errr