Koukash

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Koukash

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Apr 2017, 08:06

HuddsTigers wrote:But they may have knocked off £50k of his salary say if he was already on 125k. Doubtful but they could have actually freed up cap space by making him marquee.
Whatever they are paying him (let's imagine it is 150k), only 75k of it will count on the cap. This means they have 75k more to spend on other players to strengthen their squad.

The bigger worry might be Gale. Williams is younger, but Gale has been far better over the last three seasons. Good halves are extremely difficult to come by. I dread to think what the likes of Warrington would be willing to offer Gale as a marquee player, and whether we would be able to turn down an approach for him.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 13 Apr 2017, 16:17

nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:But they may have knocked off £50k of his salary say if he was already on 125k. Doubtful but they could have actually freed up cap space by making him marquee.
Whatever they are paying him (let's imagine it is 150k), only 75k of it will count on the cap. This means they have 75k more to spend on other players to strengthen their squad.

The bigger worry might be Gale. Williams is younger, but Gale has been far better over the last three seasons. Good halves are extremely difficult to come by. I dread to think what the likes of Warrington would be willing to offer Gale as a marquee player, and whether we would be able to turn down an approach for him.
I really think we will lose about 4 players this year to other clubs dangling big money in front of them Moors, Roberts Minikin Saviola ?.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Apr 2017, 16:24

I really think we will lose about 4 players this year to other clubs dangling big money in front of them Moors, Roberts Minikin Saviola ?.
Andre Savelio was on loan to us from Saints last year - he is now a Warrington player.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 13 Apr 2017, 16:26

yorkie1bn wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

not if we start winning trophies we wont, leeds dont pay players a lot n they always keep there best players because they keep winning trophies.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 13 Apr 2017, 16:47

Tigerade wrote:
Andre Savelio was on loan to us from Saints last year - he is now a Warrington player.
Not to mention the other names they mentioned are all under contract.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Apr 2017, 17:00

TheSheriff wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Not to mention the other names they mentioned are all under contract.
They might be under contract, but would we stand in the way of a player who requests to leave because he can double his salary?
And what about Hardaker? I hope we have an agreement in place, because if he continues his current form he will be in demand. We have agreed the fee with Leeds, but have we agreed a contract with him?

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 13 Apr 2017, 17:55

Tigerade wrote:
Sorry did not mean savelio Meant to say the other one Smiler as Morgy calls him.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Apr 2017, 20:05

yorkie1bn wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Dangle all they want, they are all under contract.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Apr 2017, 12:35

HuddsTigers wrote: Dangle all they want, they are all under contract.
That depends on whether DP would want a player who thinks he's better off elsewhere and the Club accepting silly money for the sale - both very likely.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 18 Apr 2017, 17:14

So was Solomona, so being on a contract does not make any difference.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 18 Apr 2017, 19:53

The issue of Solomona has been discussed on one hundred and forty four pages .
Can hardly seeing the RFL ratifying a move of that nature between two league clubs.