York City Knights

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

York City Knights

Post by Askham Tiger » 26 Jul 2017, 16:54

If anyone is missing a rugby league fix this weekend, it's York City Knights vs Toronto Wolfpack on Sunday 3pm at Bootham Crescent.

£15 for adults, £10 for concessions (over 65s), and free for Under 16s and yes you can pay on the gate!

Hoping for a big crowd for this level, hopefully 2,500.......crowds are up 49% on last season, York will finish the season as 2nd best supported club after Toronto which is a great turnaround as they were just hours from going out of business in the close season and being replaced by Manchester Rangers.

There's a few ex Cas players playing for them. Tim Spears (I think he played a few times for Cas?!), Tommy Saxton and of course Ash Robson who has been the best player for the side this season, in my opinion. Greg Minikin has been coming to a few games too.

Parking around the ground is limited but if anyone fancies coming I know the area well and can give you a few pointers on free parking.

Address is here:
https://yorkcityknights.com/match-day/#gettinghere

Bootham Crescent
York
YO30 7AQ

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: York City Knights

Post by StevieTheTV » 28 Jul 2017, 10:53

As long as "her indoors" doesn't plan anything for Sunday, I will be making the trip across. Will hopefully be a decent game, YCK have done a brilliant job in marketing it.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 28 Jul 2017, 13:04

Best of luck to York I have a little soft spot for them as I played in there first ever game as the city knights as a 16 year old. They were still playing in the York Thunder kit. Unfortunately won't be able to make the game.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Jul 2017, 19:28

TT Tiger wrote:Best of luck to York I have a little soft spot for them as I played in there first ever game as the city knights as a 16 year old. They were still playing in the York Thunder kit. Unfortunately won't be able to make the game.
York thunder? You mean york wasps?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 29 Jul 2017, 00:34

jackknife wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:Best of luck to York I have a little soft spot for them as I played in there first ever game as the city knights as a 16 year old. They were still playing in the York Thunder kit. Unfortunately won't be able to make the game.
York thunder? You mean york wasps?
No it might have been lightning rather than thunder now I think of it

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Jul 2017, 17:50

York haven't been called Thunder or Lightning.

Gateshead are Thunder, now Newcastle Thunder.

York's previous names are York, York Wasps, Ryedale-York and York City Knights according to RugbyLeagueProject
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Jul 2017, 07:09

Well done to york first team to beat toronto terriffic crowd turned up as well to watch them do it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi