the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Rangi

Post by the machine » 03 Aug 2017, 19:51

Tested positive for Cocaine in a drugs test after the widnes Wakefield fixture

Such a sad waste of talent
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Rangi

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 03 Aug 2017, 20:06

2 year ban almost certain to finish his career. With his past of mental health issues I pray we don't have another terry newton situation.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 03 Aug 2017, 22:52

RFL STATE OF MIND.
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
THIS MAN NEEDS HELP DO NOT ABANDON THE LAD IN HIS HOUR OF NEED.
ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL.
RANGI YOU HAVE A RARE TALENT.
PUT THAT TOUGHNESS WE SAW IN YOUR GAME IN TO HELPING YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS BUT YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
SEEK OUT AND ACCEPT THE HELP YOU NEED .
THAT IS THE SIGN OF REAL STRENGTH.
THERE IS NOT A CAS FAN WHO IS NOT IN YOUR CORNER

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 03 Aug 2017, 23:08

Well said that man.

decorator2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator2 » 04 Aug 2017, 00:11

casjunction wrote:RFL STATE OF MIND.
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
THIS MAN NEEDS HELP DO NOT ABANDON THE LAD IN HIS HOUR OF NEED.
ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL.
RANGI YOU HAVE A RARE TALENT.
PUT THAT TOUGHNESS WE SAW IN YOUR GAME IN TO HELPING YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS BUT YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
SEEK OUT AND ACCEPT THE HELP YOU NEED .
THAT IS THE SIGN OF REAL STRENGTH.
THERE IS NOT A CAS FAN WHO IS NOT IN YOUR CORNER
Fab post. I agree whole heartedly. Hope all works out well for them all.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Aug 2017, 00:56

Not surprising, though I hoped he would end his career positively at Widnes.
There was a strong rumour he was withdrawn with an "injury" at short notice when he was playing for Leigh so he couldn't be tested.
To have cocaine in his system after a game he will have taken it either on the day of the game or the night before.
He clearly has serious mental health issues and should be supported as much as possible.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 04 Aug 2017, 01:57

:pray: there is all the help out there i hope some one can get in touch with the lad and offer every bit of help
he as many problems and i would hate for him to sink deeper and deeper in to the nasty black hole
as a guy i have talked to many times of the field its so sad to read this sad news.i hope and pray that we never see a player lose his life to depression...our thought and prays goes out to rangi and his family ...if i could say any thing to him it would be please rangi do it for your wife n children they need you ...... :pray: :pray: we pray for you all x

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 04 Aug 2017, 18:16

All the help in the world doesn't seem to matter to Rangi. If he admitted that something was wrong there's a support network he could lean on however even through multiple clubs Rangi has put himself into situations off field on multiple occasions.

Even after coming back to Cas, banging his hand on the badge and expressing his love for the club and what they've done for him he still couldn't last a season without going out and destroying it all.

Widnes was his last chance - a place to try and earn back some respect and show the RL community what we all know he's capable of, yet he blew it again over a line of crack.

His career in rugby is done, now he has to navigate the real world and find a job. I hope he manages to sort himself out before it's too late. He just needs to admit there's a problem and take steps to deal with it instead of continuing down the path he's going.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 04 Aug 2017, 20:00

Admit what he's done ,take steps to deal with it instead of..........
So it's that easy, gosh,! get on to the NHS and tell them to stop wasting all that money on rehabilitation.
I really find this attitude most unhelpful,there are many reasons why people find themselves in difficult situations,but the get a grip attitude prevents many who need help from seeking it.
It reinforces feelings of worthlessness and where do they seek sanctuary.!!
Self harm ,suicide rates at record levels but get a grip
I will ban myself before l become a little angry instead l will take steps to deal with it.
Good night

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 04 Aug 2017, 21:59

casjunction wrote:Admit what he's done ,take steps to deal with it instead of..........
So it's that easy, gosh,! get on to the NHS and tell them to stop wasting all that money on rehabilitation.
I really find this attitude most unhelpful,there are many reasons why people find themselves in difficult situations,but the get a grip attitude prevents many who need help from seeking it.
It reinforces feelings of worthlessness and where do they seek sanctuary.!!
Self harm ,suicide rates at record levels but get a grip
I will ban myself before l become a little angry instead l will take steps to deal with it.
Good night
Without going into details as it's personal I know exactly what it's like thanks. Saying 'with that attitude' is absolute nonsense.

All the help in the world is worthless if you don't act on it, until you admit you have a problem nobody will be able to do anything and it's pretty obvious Rangi isn't listening as he's going out getting into fights, putting himself into those situations and taking drugs.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Aug 2017, 23:05

rangi always seemed happy in his first magnificent spell at cas.
it all went wrong when cuckoocash came waving his cheque book and promising the world.
instead he acted like a pimp parading rangi at all his social events as some sort of trophy.
the autobiography will be interesting.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 05 Aug 2017, 11:29

Makes you wonder just when this snorting started.

For example, anyone that can remember the massive hit on sinfield in his first spell with the club will see drugs body language all over it.

The confidence and outrage of his sublime skills also points to kind assistance - the lad performed and acted 'quicker' than anyone.......

I'd put my mortgage on Coke being a staple of Rangi Chase's attacking armoury tbh, from about season 2 onwards.....

You can see how haggard he looks now compared to Coke free times anyway....go back and check....

This all said - casjunction is talking huge sense
Audacter Et Sincere

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 06 Aug 2017, 02:54

MATT ADMINISTRATOR YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE POST OH I'M NOT PREPARED TO EXPAND UPON IT IS A BIT OF A COP OUT.DO YOU THINK YOU HELP WITH THAT ATTITUDE.
IF YOU WANT TO GO DOWN THAT ROUTE
I HAVE A SIBLING WHO HAS BEEN SECTIONED
A RELATIVE WHO JUMPED OFF A BRIDGE INTO THE PATH OF AN ONCOMING TRAIN
I HAVE DECADES OF EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH PEOPLE WITH A DIVERSE RANGE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PSYCHIATRIC PROBLEMS IN A PROFESSIONAL CAPACITY
THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES AND SCANT RESOURCES
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO CONFUSED THE DO NOT REALISE THEY EITHER NEED HELP OR EVEN THAT THEY
HAVE A PROBLEM
I AM GLAD YOU THINK YOU HAVE OVERCOME YOUR DEMONS
BUT YOUR SANCTIMONIOUS STANCE IS SO UNHELPFUL TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE
YOUR ADVICE IS UNHELPFUL AND SELF GLORIFYING
TRUE CAS FANS
NAY TRUE PEOPLE SHOW MORE COMPASSION

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 06 Aug 2017, 07:40

Rangi & Adam Walker last week...makes you wonder if this is the tip of the iceberg and there will be more failed tests for cocaine soon?

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 07 Aug 2017, 08:22

duke street 10 wrote:Rangi & Adam Walker last week...makes you wonder if this is the tip of the iceberg and there will be more failed tests for cocaine soon?
I don't want to get involved in who is right and who is wrong regarding the taking of any drug but, a friend of the family ,whom plays professional rugby league for a super league club, confided that drug taking in the sport could be as high as 90%. Cocaine taking is said to be an recreational drug taken by a host of celebrities. My own thoughts is to find the source of supply and eradicate all drugs but that is an impossible task until we the people help put an end to it.
By all accounts, those that 'dabble' in the taking of 'coke' say it isn't addictive, tell that to the poor souls' who have been hooked into the dark world of drugs.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Aug 2017, 08:28

Personally I can't understand why a well paid sports man would want to put unnatural drugs into his or her body.
Especially when they spend half there time trying to get it into peak condition to play there chosen sport.
Just seems madness to me.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 07 Aug 2017, 08:32

Mysterio wrote:
For example, anyone that can remember the massive hit on sinfield in his first spell with the club will see drugs body language all over it.
What a load of rubbish
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 07 Aug 2017, 10:56

old cas lass wrote:Personally I can't understand why a well paid sports man would want to put unnatural drugs into his or her body.
Especially when they spend half there time trying to get it into peak condition to play there chosen sport.
Top and bottom of it OCL it's a great painkiller keeps you going and alert.

You would be amazed at the number of athletes that take it. It's Rife in the NRL

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Aug 2017, 11:23

ERG2012 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Personally I can't understand why a well paid sports man would want to put unnatural drugs into his or her body.

You would be amazed at the number of athletes that take it. It's Rife in the NRL
Don't think I'd be to surprise on the amount of people that do it.
My point is why would they want to, why would they want to put an unnatural drug into there bodies.

I've never to any sort of drugs apart from perscribide ones.
So don't know how they do and don't make you feel. I never want to.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 07 Aug 2017, 11:29

ERG2012 wrote:

Some people need a buzz rangi gets that from playing in front of a crowd shouting his name. He's not happier than when he is on the pitch, so he will be at his lowest ebb when he is not. So he looks for something else to find that same buzz when he is not in the pitch all players do it but find it in different forms some do it with ale, some with a brawl, some with prescription pain killers, others it's going home to a loving family or religion. These clearly aren't enough for Rangi and his personality has led him down this dark path. Only Rangi can stop this ending in tragedy but he can't do it alone he needs help.
We hear it every game at Cas "rugby league is a family game" so let's not turn our back on our brother and as a sport make sure he gets the help he needs.