Grix abuse.

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Grix abuse.

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 Sep 2017, 19:54

Why do some "fans" assume they can abuse a player from the safety of a keyboard? I'm appalled.
Grix made a mistake, and he'll live with that. You supporters, start supporting, not abusing and undermining. It's a game.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Grix abuse.

Post by casjunction » 13 Sep 2017, 21:10

Unfortunately people will often remember the mistake like none of us have ever made one.
My mate Steve Sherwood is still haunted by and asked about the goal he conceded in the F.A Cup Final when Andy Gray headed the ball out of his hands and into the back of the net.
That was more than thirty years ago and the challenge was illegal l think.
I have said before that there are few players of any sport who does not know when they have made a mistake and booing them neither does it incentivies them.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 Sep 2017, 22:56

That's right. I believe Don Fox, despite all he achieved in his illustrious career, felt that it all came tumbling down with his sliced conversion attempt at Wembley which cost Wakey the cup. But he didn't have to put up with abuse from outside as a consequence.

My point however is about the "victim" being the subject of anonymous vile abuse on "social media" (hate that term), from cowardly people who claim to be supporters of the same team. Grix needs a vote of confidence, he doesn't need anyone to making him and his family feel worse.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 13 Sep 2017, 23:16

grix got the abuse which is so wrong i have also been told his family have been getting abuse
which is terrible.but i guess none would go up to the lady and tell him face to face spinless key board warriors..

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Sep 2017, 09:44

One of the downnsides of the internet and social media unfortunately.
That is why cyber bullying is taken quite seriously by the authorities.
Abuse is unnecessary in any form but this insidious faceless abuse is pretty contemptible.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Sep 2017, 09:48

Is this abuse coming from grix own fans, Wakefield trinity.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 Sep 2017, 09:55

old cas lass wrote:Is this abuse coming from grix own fans, Wakefield trinity.
Yes. A dozen pages of it here with a few defending the poor lad but some of them are extremely critical. I wouldn't even call them fans or supporters.

http://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=608346

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Sep 2017, 10:00

Sad isn't it, I'm assuming the majority are very childish school kids.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 14 Sep 2017, 11:25

Sad and pathetic , I wouldn't mind but he's been one of there best players ! Nobody deserves that crap,

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Sep 2017, 11:48

baldtiger wrote:Sad and pathetic , I wouldn't mind but he's been one of there best players ! Nobody deserves that crap,
He has indeed, any other season he'd be a certainty for our player of the season. I always think the most exciting fullbacks have a brainfart in them every now and then.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 14 Sep 2017, 12:20

cogito ergo sum wrote:That's right. I believe Don Fox, despite all he achieved in his illustrious career, felt that it all came tumbling down with his sliced conversion attempt at Wembley which cost Wakey the cup. But he didn't have to put up with abuse from outside as a consequence.

My point however is about the "victim" being the subject of anonymous vile abuse on "social media" (hate that term), from cowardly people who claim to be supporters of the same team. Grix needs a vote of confidence, he doesn't need anyone to making him and his family feel worse.
I know of a story where Don went to Belle Vue on the Monday following the final and kicked 100 out of 100 from nearly the same position in his slippers. Great player, unfortunately sh*t happens and it isn't anyone's fault!

I bet if you put Grix in that situation again and again, the outcome would be different every time. He doesn't deserve the amount of abuse hes received, at the end of the day, he has won them more matches than hes lost.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 14 Sep 2017, 13:01

I thought they were shouting Boo-urns.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 14 Sep 2017, 20:16

Watching them play Hull. I can't believe how long Hull are allowed to lay on. It is really quite shocking.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Sep 2017, 13:05

I don't think wakey fans have really welcomed grix with open arms. I think they see it as he's keeping out one of their own (max jowitt) which I completely understand. I think the title of the post says it all.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 15 Sep 2017, 18:40

Feel free to bag him on here. This is a forum for Cas fans, if he chooses to read it, more fool him.