england v australia

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: england v australia

Post by takethetwo » 30 Oct 2017, 09:44

Yeah I obviously want England to win.
Tonga v England final would be interesting to watch lol.

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 30 Oct 2017, 10:07

Watching the game I thought the NRL based players tried to keep the ball amongst themselves far too much. Hodgson rarely went left and the attack didn't really click until Roby spread the ball both ways and brought Gale into the game. Even the Wigan supporters are saying on their board that Shenton should be left centre, unusual for them to praise of of our players over one of theirs.

I just hope Bateman doesn't go to second row and keep Mcmeeken out.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 30 Oct 2017, 11:20

The thing is if left edge is just so good and yet Bennett put a second row as the centre, effectively mulling that side. He also happens to be a right sided player at his club.

I said after the Samoa match mid year, that if you play Hodgson, you don't need a half back as he wants to do it all. Also oloughlin wants to play that role aswell, rather than the Cas way, of another prop. Which is what the Aussies do also.

Hodgson made too many errors and roby should be in. Move oloughlin to second row, taylor to prop, Currie to left second row. Percival to left centre.

Hill was ineffective after a poor season.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 30 Oct 2017, 13:38

mart0042 wrote:The thing is if left edge is just so good and yet Bennett put a second row as the centre, effectively mulling that side. He also happens to be a right sided player at his club.

I said after the Samoa match mid year, that if you play Hodgson, you don't need a half back as he wants to do it all. Also oloughlin wants to play that role aswell, rather than the Cas way, of another prop. Which is what the Aussies do also.

Hodgson made too many errors and roby should be in. Move oloughlin to second row, taylor to prop, Currie to left second row. Percival to left centre.

According the official stats Hodgson made NO errors. Having said that I wouldn't play him. He thinks that he has to do everything! There was a case in the second half with England attacking the Aussie line, the ball came to Hodgson in the middle, instead of continuing the move to the right where we had men over he put in a dumb kick - attack over! He did that sort of thing constantly in the four nations last year.
cum on you Ford

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 30 Oct 2017, 14:07

Just don't rate Hodgson, never have done. Didn't rate him when he was at Hull KR, and have yet to see him have anything near a half decent game for England.

But he plays in the NRL so ........therefore he must be picked, by the coach who only watches NRL games.

For my money he's not a patch on McShane.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 30 Oct 2017, 14:34

Aid wrote:
mart0042 wrote:The thing is if left edge is just so good and yet Bennett put a second row as the centre, effectively mulling that side. He also happens to be a right sided player at his club.

According the official stats Hodgson made NO errors. Having said that I wouldn't play him. He thinks that he has to do everything! There was a case in the second half with England attacking the Aussie line, the ball came to Hodgson in the middle, instead of continuing the move to the right where we had men over he put in a dumb kick - attack over! He did that sort of thing constantly in the four nations last year.
He was guilty of not getting up after a tackle causing us to be short on our left and resulting in a try. Australia didn't get caught onthe wrong side of the ruck that often and they lay on plenty.

We weren't smart against them. It was always going to be a test in Australia but now that some of the team play there, we should be closer.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Oct 2017, 14:43

mart0042 wrote: ...We weren't smart against them. It was always going to be a test in Australia but now that some of the team play there, we should be closer.
We've been trying to play like the Aussies for 30+ years and still cannot match their robotic style of play. Perhaps we should just concentrate on playing attractive, fast flowing rugby like we did for the opening try? ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 30 Oct 2017, 14:45

Flat Capper wrote:
mart0042 wrote: ...We weren't smart against them. It was always going to be a test in Australia but now that some of the team play there, we should be closer.
We've been trying to play like the Aussies for 30+ years and still cannot match their robotic style of play. Perhaps we should just concentrate on playing attractive, fast flowing rugby like we did for the opening try? ;)
Damn straight we should. The Cas way of throwing the ball around would be alien to them. DP for England coach.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Oct 2017, 21:22

2nd game v Lebanon.

Same 17 apart for warmsley for burgess.
No mcmeeken.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 31 Oct 2017, 10:15

How has Chris Hill not been dropped.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 31 Oct 2017, 10:51

takethetwo wrote:How has Chris Hill not been dropped.
He must have been picked on 2016 form. Probably the same time when they were last regularly on tv. Bennett clearly hasn't seen much this year and is getting poor advice from poor coaches, ie anderson and Betts.

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 31 Oct 2017, 11:20

Lebanon shouldn't be underestimated, they looked pretty lively against France and showed a good team spirit. They might not be World Cup class but they are not going to roll over.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 31 Oct 2017, 13:15

Aid wrote:

That attack where Hodgeson kicked when there was an overlap was where any chance of winning the game went. Terrible option :shock:

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Nov 2017, 00:25

hodgson can't pass if the man is more than 2 metres away. that's why our kickers performed so much better when roby came on. he can deliver from acting half almost as good as macca.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Nov 2017, 16:42

French full back looked a good un this morning not sure who he plays for
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 03 Nov 2017, 17:28

tigerfeat wrote:French full back looked a good un this morning not sure who he plays for
He plays for Toulouse I believe and he's he's got a really good try scoring record

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Nov 2017, 17:34

I noticed him week before ,went length of field today and looked like a good lad to me
Vince Lombardi

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 03 Nov 2017, 20:21

Toulouse if my memory serves me right he had a stormer in the summer bash

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Nov 2017, 10:55

Danny brough walker and brooks sent home early from world cup for misconduct following tardesco i think it was fighting with a team mate not showing rugby league in a great light really
Vince Lombardi

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 05 Nov 2017, 16:56

Too [REMOVED] to board the plane.