Re: Fifita staying in oz

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Nov 2017, 06:40

His missus has been locked up for fraudulently claiming $50,000

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Nov 2017, 10:12

I’m guessing she won’t be allowed back No the country will this affect him wanting to come back over at all?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 18 Nov 2017, 10:44

With 3 little kids to look after and his wife on house-arrest for 9 months it will be hard to leave the family - but earning a wage must come first. She's done the crime and he will have to pay for it.

He is lucky to not get caught up in this. He knew she was fiddling benefits (as proven by his phone messages) and has escaped an aiding-and-abetting charge.

I wonder what some of the "holier-than-thou" wakey fans make of this ?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Nov 2017, 08:41

He wont come back if his mrs cant, he'll just find another club to play for in nrl and wakey wont be able to do anything about it.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Nov 2017, 11:01

Tigerade wrote:With 3 little kids to look after and his wife on house-arrest for 9 months it will be hard to leave the family - but earning a wage must come first. She's done the crime and he will have to pay for it.

He is lucky to not get caught up in this. He knew she was fiddling benefits (as proven by his phone messages) and has escaped an aiding-and-abetting charge.

I can't see why you wanna stir this up Tigerade, she's got caught she'll get whatever they decide, if DF doesn't come back then so be it, I don't think anyone would expect him to leave his wife and young family under such circumstances. I don't know how the Aussie legal system works but she's hardly a danger to the community and they have three young kids so a custodial sentence is highly unlikely. House arrest, does that mean she's literally got to stay inside?:)

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 19 Nov 2017, 11:36

According to the paper in Sydney (herald) the judge has already said a custodial sentence will be handed down after the Xmas period. The house arrest bit is simply until a sentence can be handed down.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Nov 2017, 11:53

St Albans tiger wrote:According to the paper in Sydney (herald) the judge has already said a custodial sentence will be handed down after the Xmas period. The house arrest bit is simply until a sentence can be handed down.
Really? I'd have thought with three young children a custodial would be out of the question. If she does get a custodial then he'll certainly not be back and we'll have to look elsewhere.

Toady

Post by Toady » 19 Nov 2017, 11:54

St Albans tiger wrote:According to the paper in Sydney (herald) the judge has already said a custodial sentence will be handed down after the Xmas period. The house arrest bit is simply until a sentence can be handed down.
Are you sure that's what it says?

http://amp.smh.com.au/nsw/wife-of-excro ... znhny.html

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Nov 2017, 12:13

JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:With 3 little kids to look after and his wife on house-arrest for 9 months it will be hard to leave the family - but earning a wage must come first. She's done the crime and he will have to pay for it.

I can't see why you wanna stir this up Tigerade, she's got caught she'll get whatever they decide, if DF doesn't come back then so be it, I don't think anyone would expect him to leave his wife and young family under such circumstances. I don't know how the Aussie legal system works but she's hardly a danger to the community and they have three young kids so a custodial sentence is highly unlikely. House arrest, does that mean she's literally got to stay inside?:)
I think Wakey are doing the right thing - they are supporting the player and his young family. I would hope we do the same if/when a player needs the support of the club. Look at the recent case at Tigers with Zak Hardaker - two different scenario's but it does seem that some so called supporters want to simply get a player kicked out of the club instead of supporting them when they need it most.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Nov 2017, 12:27

Toady wrote:
Are you sure that's what it says?

http://amp.smh.com.au/nsw/wife-of-excro ... znhny.html
I read it differently to St Albans, I can't see a custodial myself reading the magistrates comment

"To my mind, that would then cover the appropriate need for general deterrence," the magistrate said.

Then again how does house arrest work? Would she be trusted to have house arrest in the UK or would the terms of her sentencing mean she'd not be allowed to travel abroad?

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Nov 2017, 12:57

She is highly unlikely to qualify for a visa to enter the country now anyway due to this conviction so i doubt he’ll cone back alone.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 19 Nov 2017, 15:17

She is under house arrest until 25th Jan when she will be sentenced. So if he stays he would miss all pre-season with no guarantee that she will not get a custodial sentence on the 25th.
Think you're right JINJ, better look for a replacement for 2018 season.

Toady

Post by Toady » 19 Nov 2017, 19:21

Spanishtiger wrote:She is under house arrest until 25th Jan when she will be sentenced. So if he stays he would miss all pre-season with no guarantee that she will not get a custodial sentence on the 25th.
Think you're right JINJ, better look for a replacement for 2018 season.
It would be a big blow for Wakefield if he decides to stay in Oz. Her sentence will undoubtedly mean she will have to stay there.
Although it looks likely she will be able to stay at home and look after the kids.

"The wife of former NRL player David Fifita has been sentenced to jail...

However, she (the magistrate) adjourned the matter until January so Robinson can be assessed for home detention, in which case she would avoid any jail time."

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Nov 2017, 13:20

Will The Pie Shop in Wakey have to shut?
Spreading the Cas gene pool