Will those at the top ever listen?

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Will those at the top ever listen?

Post by gateman » 09 Mar 2018, 17:52

I don't know if any of you like me hate to see the players getting into the faces of the REFS arguing when a decision as gone against them, I think in days gone by they would have been warming their back sides on the bench or at least have given a penalty away, HO for a sergeant major Clay type REF

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Mar 2018, 18:08

gateman wrote:I don't know if any of you like me hate to see the players getting into the faces of the REFS arguing when a decision as gone against them, I think in days gone by they would have been warming their back sides on the bench or at least have given a penalty away, HO for a sergeant major Clay type REF
I think he did penalise Brad Fash, but I agree. But it mirrors life. Try teaching, policing, etc etc. Nobody likes being told what to do. Confrontation has become the norm.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 09 Mar 2018, 21:00

Tbf when Clay and Thompson were running the show everyone moaned. Same with Lindop. When Whitfield and Holdsworth were in charge nobody was happy. Ditto the Connolly double act, Cummins etc.all the way to Thaler. Part of the game.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Mar 2018, 13:50

Yes over the years all REFS have taken some stick but rugby league prided its self on discipline what the REF said goes, today players dispute the REFS losing the thing that our game prided its self on

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Mar 2018, 14:16

Referees are scared to make a decision these days because of the big screen and constant scrutiny. Add to this the general poor state of the refs then it will only continue as it is or get worse.

Referees can and do influence the outcome of games and this all good and well when they get things right but as we know they dont always do this. Even with technology they still get it wrong. The only problem I have is when they get a blatant decision wrong. That is just poor.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Mar 2018, 15:22

Agree with what radford just said its getting beyond a joke now well over two hours for the hull derby ,everything slowed down while video ref looks at everything and he chalks of a rovers try that was a try every day of the week along the way
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi