RL game longer than soccer

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

RL game longer than soccer

Post by fast hands » 15 Apr 2018, 11:26

After getting bored watching the Rhinos v pies on Friday night I started switching to the soccer game that was on ( just as boring) I was left baffled why the football game finished before the RL game. Both kicked off at 7-45 pm, RL two halves of 40 minutes. Soccer game, two halves of 45 minutes. When the final whistle blew at the soccer game, I changed channel only to find they were still playing at Headingley , with still 6 minutes still to play. 6 minutes added time at the soccer game in total. Not a mathematician, but the RL game must have been on the pitch for 102 minutes.
Come on referees, start manning up and give a decision, and stop having to go to the kids wheel on screen as mentioned in earlier post.
Wish HUDDS would come back from his sabbatical on the forum, to give his honest opinion regarding this anomaly.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: RL game longer than soccer

Post by JIN JER » 16 Apr 2018, 00:19

fast hands wrote:After getting bored watching the Rhinos v pies on Friday night I started switching to the soccer game that was on ( just as boring) I was left baffled why the football game finished before the RL game. Both kicked off at 7-45 pm, RL two halves of 40 minutes. Soccer game, two halves of 45 minutes. When the final whistle blew at the soccer game, I changed channel only to find they were still playing at Headingley , with still 6 minutes still to play. 6 minutes added time at the soccer game in total. Not a mathematician, but the RL game must have been on the pitch for 102 minutes.
Come on referees, start manning up and give a decision, and stop having to go to the kids wheel on screen as mentioned in earlier post.
Wish HUDDS would come back from his sabbatical on the forum, to give his honest opinion regarding this anomaly.
Soccer? :) :)

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Apr 2018, 10:08

The football started about 3 minutes before the rugby. They were both classed as 7.45 starts. Shows how much our gane has become stop start, it's getting like an American football game.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Apr 2018, 18:01

Soccer? :) :)[/quote]
Lawn Fairies