Post by yorky » 27 Apr 2018, 13:21

York knights new ground 27-4-18 (2).jpg
starting to take shape, wish ours was?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: York Knights new ground

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Apr 2018, 13:39

wouldnt suprise me if york made it to super league one day ,over 3,000 at catalans game
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Apr 2018, 14:03

tigerfeat wrote:wouldnt suprise me if york made it to super league one day ,over 3,000 at catalans game
Salford are well jealous of that figure...

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 29 Apr 2018, 17:07

Talking about York. Just beat West Wales. 144-0. Rugby League record.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Apr 2018, 17:40

indeed & i cant see it ever being beaten, whether it does the game any good is debatable?

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 30 Apr 2018, 12:33

yorky wrote:
York knights new ground 27-4-18 (2).jpg
starting to take shape, wish ours was?
It's progressing nicely although most of what you see there is the cinema. I just hope the contract is very tight, and it doesn't end up with the cinema built then nothing happening on the stadium side, especially with the football team being in freefall.

Yesterday was a strange match, I never thought I'd see Castleford's 106-0 win at Rochdale beaten, it got to about 80-0 then it was like watching a boxing match, you kind of want the official to stop. York were very professional for the full 80mins, end of the day that might make the difference between promotion or not.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Apr 2018, 20:08

logistically though you'de almost have to score straight from the kick off each time to have time to take the conversion and then ko again. wonder how many times the raiders got the ball?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 30 Apr 2018, 23:32

You have to question what good the bottom 4 league 1teams do for the game ???

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 30 Apr 2018, 23:47

lurcher wrote:logistically though you'de almost have to score straight from the kick off each time to have time to take the conversion and then ko again. wonder how many times the raiders got the ball?
5 sets i believe.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 01 May 2018, 09:47

For that scoreline they can't have tackled anybody, literally anybody. Just about any Yorkshire amateur team would have had a better result, York ain't the Cas of last year.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 03 May 2018, 10:19

For the record, this is what I saw:

I missed the first 15-20mins as I help out on the volunteering side at York. York were already 32-0 up when we took our seats. West Wales kicked out on the full once (possibly twice) and also didn't kick the full 10 on at least one occassion. I saw them have 4 sets, 3 on their own line, and only once in the York half which was right on full time when they were held up. I didn't see them have to take any high kicks as York rarely needed to kick the ball, they simply passed it wide or went straight through the middle.

To be fair to West Wales, they didn't slow the game down, didn't go for head highs or anything. But apart from 2 players, the rest were very small - a few looked about 17 years old, about 4 or 5 were Rob Burrows height. They were always going to struggle against a York team containing ex super league pros like Graeme Horne and Ash Robson, a loanee from St Helens and a player (Joe Batchelor) being scouted by 5/6 clubs including St Helens. Ash scored his 10th and 11th Trys in York colours and took over goal kicking duties towards the end and slotted over 8 from 8. I am surprised West Wales didn't setup a few loans or DR to get some experience in.

I wouldn't lump the bottom 4 teams together though. Coventry are slowly progressing and are building in the community with mainly Midlands based players, their attendances compare well and last season they weren't far off averaging the same as heartland teams like Hunslet, Whitehaven, Workington and Doncaster.
North Wales have some potential, good away support, they brought about 80 fans to York last season (more than Salford? :lol: ). Both teams aren't far off on the pitch and within a few seasons will challenge for the playoffs, like London Skolars are.