Leeds v St Helens

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Leeds v St Helens

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Jun 2018, 21:19

HuddsTigers wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:Hull vs Wigan tomorrow I am more keen to watch. For me Saints have it wrapped up so a Saints win followed by Hull and us would be perfect this weekend. Leeds would be 8 behind and we would be joint 2nd with Wigan to play next week.
If I’m honest, and as much as it pains me to say it, I’d much prefer a Wigan win. Only reason being is that I’d like to see us put a gap between us and 5th. Rather be in the top 4 in some comfort in Super 8s than having a dog eat dog scenario.
I sort of feel the same

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 15 Jun 2018, 22:10

After watching the way Leeds kicked into touch I think coaches are working out how to beat Saints. Very much like Cas last Year towards the back of the season. Can Saints win the Grand final? or will they come unstuck.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Jun 2018, 22:12

westerbeast wrote:After watching the way Leeds kicked into touch I think coaches are working out how to beat Saints. Very much like Cas last Year towards the back of the season. Can Saints win the Grand final? or will they come unstuck.

you mean like how we lost to them this year by locking high to the corners ](*,)
defo the way to try and beat them!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Jun 2018, 22:55

Kicking high to the corners isn't the way Leeds kicked. Quite the opposite. And if BF hadn't been in such a rush to get the ball down Leeds would have won.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Jun 2018, 22:57

cogito ergo sum wrote:Kicking high to the corners isn't the way Leeds kicked. Quite the opposite. And if BF hadn't been in such a rush to get the ball down Leeds would have won.
To idle to run the extra 10 yards.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Jun 2018, 23:00

old cas lass wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Kicking high to the corners isn't the way Leeds kicked. Quite the opposite. And if BF hadn't been in such a rush to get the ball down Leeds would have won.
To idle to run the extra 10 yards.
I think he was shocked at his own skill. You can bet he will be thinking about his error.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 16 Jun 2018, 00:38

Saints rally again. That could be Leeds done now or it will take one hell of a comeback which they are capable of.

They will probably be 5 wins off 4th with 13 to play. Probably too much. Which leaves us, Wire, Hull and Wigan fighting for 3 spots.... Unless anyone thinks Wakey can put a run together.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Jun 2018, 07:03

the match last night was very enjoyable and the result favoured us , it was nice to see the Saints struggle against a depleted Leeds side showing like we did last week anything is possible with the right attitude, I am about to get ready for a four trip up to Egremont to watch the knights , I hope we can take a leaf out of the performance of CAS and Leeds, one can dream

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 16 Jun 2018, 08:11

Could Leeds miss out in the 8 at the split?
They’ve a big game in hand to play v Catalans that could make their run in very different.

Long live the Tigers!!!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Jun 2018, 16:34

wonder if mcd will bring his old favourites ablett and jjb back when fit. I'd stick with the young ones.
jo brand is eddie warings love child