Todd carney to.....

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Todd carney to.....

Post by Bolton-tiger » 06 Jul 2018, 22:53

Seems like a player we could have done with seen as ellis hasnt performed well this year

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Jul 2018, 22:59

but carney himself had loads of injuries and seemed to have lost all his pace.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 06 Jul 2018, 23:02

But i belive he would still be able to direct a team round the field better than what ellis could

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Jul 2018, 23:14

Bolton-tiger wrote:Seems like a player we could have done with seen as ellis hasnt performed well this year
Todd Carney was awful at Catalans and worse at Salford.
warning abuse. Though his stomach would stop him doing so.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 07 Jul 2018, 12:19

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Seems like a player we could have done with seen as ellis hasnt performed well this year
Hardly abusive! I just pointed out why Carney was in SL to start with, without using any language that could be considered offensive or abusive. The comment on the size of Jamie Ellis’ stomach is probably more offensive.
Are we not allowed to comment on player indiscretions?

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 07 Jul 2018, 17:20

nottinghamtiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Hardly abusive! I just pointed out why Carney was in SL to start with, without using any language that could be considered offensive or abusive. The comment on the size of Jamie Ellis’ stomach is probably more offensive.
You most certainly did use inappropriate language, if you think the reference to Ellis’s mouth was appropriate then you are way off the mark as to what is appropriate on this or any other forum.
Danny Boy

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 07 Jul 2018, 18:24

Danny Boy wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
You most certainly did use inappropriate language, if you think the reference to Ellis’s mouth was appropriate then you are way off the mark as to what is appropriate on this or any other forum.
Que?
You’ve either misread or completely misinterpreted what I wrote. Or my autocorrect changed something. As a general rule, others will quickly respond to anything abusive or offensive but nobody even posted a response.
My comment referred to why Todd Carney was sacked in the NRL. This was widely publicised at the time in the press and said nothing that can’t be read when anyone types his name into Google. I’m guessing that you might not know about this incident so the context of the comment was lost on you?
Absolutely no foul or abusive language was used at all and the comment was about Carney, not Jamie Ellis (not that it matters).
I’ve made over 2500 posts on here since 2007. Not once have I made any kind of comment that’s has been considered abusive or offensive, so not quite sure why I’d start now or why you see the need to send a aggressive PM threatening to ban me from the site. I don’t knew if you’re a new moderator trying to assert your authority or something, but what you’ve achieved is losing one of the most frequent and long-term users of the forum.

As an aside, I hope the forum continues to exist and be a place for supporters to exchange views and opinions. In the face of an ever-changing digital world, many traditional forums such have this have disappeared. I’ve enjoyed contributing to this site over the past ten years or so. Thanks to Matt for all the work he’s put in too, it’s very time-consuming and expensive to run such a site, that we all use for free.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 07 Jul 2018, 21:03

Don't know what you allegedly posted Notts , I've always found your posts sensible and never abusive. Please don't leave, the forum needs people like yourself ...

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 07 Jul 2018, 21:21

Spanishtiger wrote:Don't know what you allegedly posted Notts , I've always found your posts sensible and never abusive. Please don't leave, the forum needs people like yourself ...
Thanks. The post I made made reference to why Carney was sacked. Not a single word was offensive (I even used the word ‘urinated’ rather than... erm.. ..weed - I’ll probably be banned now for using it again). I did ask why it was deemed offensive or abusive but didn’t get a reply.
I was also a bit taken aback with how aggressive and threatening the message I received from the moderator was. It really isn’t the way to go about communicating with anyone, let alone a regular user of the forum, without losing people. Once the moderators start to send messages like that, people will leave. I’m only logging in to see if the moderator has been courteous enough to reply to me.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 07 Jul 2018, 22:03

Maybe he's one of our beloved Callum's friends ???

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 08 Jul 2018, 10:27

Don't let them win Notts.
If they have not had the courtesy to reply it suggests an over reaction from someone to arrogant to admit they had made a mistake.
If there communication towards you was aggressive
personally find that more offensive.
But it's match day the sun is shining and no doubt we will be reminded That Rugby League is a family game.
To the moderator who seems to have overreacted become adult enough to either apologies or reword your concerns in a much better way.
C.O.Y.F.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Jul 2018, 20:41

casjunction wrote:Don't let them win Notts.
If they have not had the courtesy to reply it suggests an over reaction from someone to arrogant to admit they had made a mistake.
If there communication towards you was aggressive
personally find that more offensive.
But it's match day the sun is shining and no doubt we will be reminded That Rugby League is a family game.
To the moderator who seems to have overreacted become adult enough to either apologies or reword your concerns in a much better way.
C.O.Y.F.
I did receive a reply from the moderator in the end. His first message said:
“Please stop using inappropriate language otherwise you will be banned.”
However, apparently this wasn’t a threat to ban me! His next message said:
“I did not threaten to ban you, not sure what made you come to that conclusion?”.
It’s very strange to be honest. It’s as if he thinks his original message no longer exists and he can deny the content of it. Very odd.

I’ve had more sense (as expected) from one of the forum admins, who agreed my comment wasn’t abusive or offensive and didn’t require moderation. Admin also pointed out that moderators shouldn’t be making threats to ban people from the forum, which is probably when the moderated has tried (unsuccessfully) to backtrack on what he wrote in his first message to me.

Unfortunately, this is a case of a misguided, over-zealous moderator who saw fit to accuse me of being abusive and offensive and then threatened to ban me. He now can’t accept he was wrong to do both. It’s cost the site a frequent and long-term member.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Jul 2018, 22:46

calm down, calm down. lol in fairness whilst notts is always a good and knowledgeable poster who I enjoy reading I've also found danny boy to be usually very fair. lets all shake hands and move on. this is a great forum so lets do our best to keep every one happy.
jo brand is eddie warings love child