cheating or not?

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

cheating or not?

Post by lurcher » 16 Jul 2018, 16:27

the report on the shudds v pies game in league express today says at half time the sprinklers were turned on in a corner that wigan would be defending. broughy immediately started kicking to that corner and all sorts of problems. one kick leading to a fumble with the slippy ball and resulting try. would be surprised if wigan don't object to it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: cheating or not?

Post by old cas lass » 16 Jul 2018, 16:47

Bit naughty.
Suppose if your the home team you have to take all advantages.
If I remember rightly we played Wigan at there place and they put the sprinklers on, not sure if it was just in our half or all the pitch, can’t remember.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Jul 2018, 17:33

lurcher wrote:the report on the shudds v pies game in league express today says at half time the sprinklers were turned on in a corner that wigan would be defending. broughy immediately started kicking to that corner and all sorts of problems. one kick leading to a fumble with the slippy ball and resulting try. would be surprised if wigan don't object to it.
Wigan do it all the time, more a lack of sportsmanship than cheating
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2018, 07:20

Like painting the away team dressing room just before they arrive ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Jul 2018, 09:54

It's really poor from Huddersfield but if it's allowed i might just bring a mirror to shine in the eyes of ball catching players. I wonder what would happen if all one end did it, might set fire to them!

All joking aside, I wonder what other things we can come up with to give our team an advantage? Some clubs won't let instruments but their fans can, personally I just hate them. Some give us uncovered areas whilst they have covered and the singing echoes. Salford put a microphone above their 20 fans and it sounds like a big crowd.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 17 Jul 2018, 10:37

They seem to have a thing about sprinklers at Wigan, it was only a couple of seasons since that a Wigan (Friday night game I think) was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. On the Saturday someone took a photo of the sprinklers watering the pitch preparing for the Wigan athletic game on the Sunday.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2018, 10:57

mart0042 wrote:It's really poor from Huddersfield but if it's allowed i might just bring a mirror to shine in the eyes of ball catching players. I wonder what would happen if all one end did it, might set fire to them!

All joking aside, I wonder what other things we can come up with to give our team an advantage? Some clubs won't let instruments but their fans can, personally I just hate them. Some give us uncovered areas whilst they have covered and the singing echoes. Salford put a microphone above their 20 fans and it sounds like a big crowd.
interesting you say that about salford i thought they were playing chanting and singing over the tannoy on friday
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 17 Jul 2018, 12:58

tigerfeat wrote:
mart0042 wrote:It's really poor from Huddersfield but if it's allowed i might just bring a mirror to shine in the eyes of ball catching players. I wonder what would happen if all one end did it, might set fire to them!

interesting you say that about salford i thought they were playing chanting and singing over the tannoy on friday
It creates an atmosphere but ultimately you do what you have to do. They have always done it, the willows had one small stand with about 10 people singing in it, sounded like old Trafford.

The tiger talk commentary had a small boy behind then who was rather irritating. Didn't hear their crowd much.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jul 2018, 17:36

I don't see this as cheating.

The weather has been so warm and dry that that the ground is inevitably going to dry up. While it's unusual to not do it in all corners, there's inevitably going to be certain areas of the pitch that are going to be in direct sun more than others, which that corner could be.

Watering it could actually be a good thing to prevent it from drying up and to prevent any H&S issues. Last thing we need is someone getting injured on a hard, dry track.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 18 Jul 2018, 09:47

HuddsTigers wrote:I don't see this as cheating.

The weather has been so warm and dry that that the ground is inevitably going to dry up. While it's unusual to not do it in all corners, there's inevitably going to be certain areas of the pitch that are going to be in direct sun more than others, which that corner could be.

Watering it could actually be a good thing to prevent it from drying up and to prevent any H&S issues. Last thing we need is someone getting injured on a hard, dry track.
The issue is not the watering, it's the watering during the match and specifically the area they would be attacking. I really don't think that ur would be a health and safety issue or the game wouldn't have been played. If it was that dangerous then why not water whilst the match was in play like we did at home to wire, lol.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 19 Jul 2018, 19:33

the machine wrote:
lurcher wrote:the report on the shudds v pies game in league express today says at half time the sprinklers were turned on in a corner that wigan would be defending. broughy immediately started kicking to that corner and all sorts of problems. one kick leading to a fumble with the slippy ball and resulting try. would be surprised if wigan don't object to it.
Wigan do it all the time, more a lack of sportsmanship than cheating
Nah! cheating - nothing more, nothing less
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 22 Jul 2018, 12:03

There should be no interference with the pitch during any game.

I am sure this must be illegal under the rules, but if not it should be.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Jul 2018, 17:52

What about replacing divots?

If a pitch is to be watered at half time the whole pitch should be.

But against the pies anything is acceptable. They cheated us out of super league.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 22 Jul 2018, 18:01

Talking about cheating (or match fixing)!! Surely not , but suspicious at Wakeield today.

Did Hull let Wakefield win to give them any easier last 7 and to send Leeds into the bottom 4? A very freak result today.

Did we let Huddersfield win for the same reasons? A capitulation by us after a good start.

Also 4th may get Catalans at home, 2nd may get them away. 2 more points from the last 7 from finishing 2 places lower.

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 22 Jul 2018, 18:51

stuey wrote:Talking about cheating (or match fixing)!! Surely not , but suspicious at Wakeield today.

Did Hull let Wakefield win to give them any easier last 7 and to send Leeds into the bottom 4? A very freak result today.

Did we let Huddersfield win for the same reasons? A capitulation by us after a good start.

Also 4th may get Catalans at home, 2nd may get them away. 2 more points from the last 7 from finishing 2 places lower.
Have i read your comment correctly, that you think we let Huddersfield win so we have a better chance of playing Catalan at home rather than away.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 22 Jul 2018, 19:12

Tongue in cheek :D :D , but it may work out better for us. Not for a moment thinking we lost on purpose, but the Wakefield result looks mighty suspicious.

Leeds in the bottom 4 means Huddersfield, us, Hull & wakefield all have easier matches in the final 7.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jul 2018, 20:42

stuey wrote:Talking about cheating (or match fixing)!! Surely not , but suspicious at Wakeield today.

I would have thought that now Catalans are safe, their focus will be on the cup

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 23 Jul 2018, 12:32

Tamworth Tiger wrote:

I would have thought that now Catalans are safe, their focus will be on the cup
They have s real chance if they can smash saints, which won't be easy. Gives us a real chance to cement a top 4 spot early in the super 88s.