Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Sarky Tomkins.

Post by old cas lass » 29 Aug 2018, 10:44

http://www.totalrl.com/st-helens-focus- ... s-tomkins/

Of course we celebrated, it was our first ever time we finished top.
Last edited by old cas lass on 29 Aug 2018, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Sarky Tomkins.

Post by mart0042 » 29 Aug 2018, 11:08

As talented players him and mcilorum are they are just grubs. They proved time and time again they have no class. I'm stories rat but didn't say little castleford.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Aug 2018, 11:14

i agree with him to a point tho if youve not finished top in your history you can be excused celebrating it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Aug 2018, 11:21

So if Catalans win it next season will Tomkins just walk off the field because it’s not a proper trophy one that’s meaningless in his eyes.
Catalans would celebrate the same as they did on Saturday, it would mean the world to them, like it did to us.
Though when it comes to any Wigan player able to have a dig in the media at us, they will.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Aug 2018, 11:25

he gets dogs abuse when we play wigan so hes always looking to have dig ,i remember last year on the bbc he said yer cas have had a great season on that postage stamp of a pitch of theres
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Aug 2018, 12:02

I’d bet a pound gets ten that Saints celebrate the LLS just as we did, just as Wire, Leeds, Huddersfield, etc did in preceding years. The grub cannot remember the previous LLS winners from the past five years because the list doesn’t include Wigan.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 29 Aug 2018, 12:04

I think he’s right to be honest, it didn’t sit well with me at the time when we acted like we had won the league but only done half the job. It’s the problem with the competition as it is. I don’t think it helped us and it certainly inspires other teams.

Who’s referred to as the champions in the record books and incessantly on Sky? Not us sadly.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 29 Aug 2018, 12:07

Fumper27 wrote:I’d bet a pound gets ten that Saints celebrate the LLS just as we did, just as Wire, Leeds, Huddersfield, etc did in preceding years. The grub cannot remember the previous LLS winners from the past five years because the list doesn’t include Wigan.
I’m fairly sure that the fireworks celebration thing started the year Huddersfield won it,let’s hope saints do celebrate it and we use it as a motivator.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Aug 2018, 12:15

i think every day on sky before a match starts or ends having to watch powelly looking up to the heavens and maguire diving over should give extra motivation if it was needed to set the record straight in six weeks time
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 29 Aug 2018, 12:49

Whilst I've done no research to confirm, I'd like to think the celebrations for the LLS, including presentation and fireworks, is organized by the administrators of the Super League and not the clubs themselves. In which case, there's no reason to target any club for doing so.

I'll happily celebrate Les Cats losing their grip on the Challenge Cup next year if Tomkins wants to join me..?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 29 Aug 2018, 13:33

Why not celebrate, in my eyes winning the league leaders shield over a full season is the sign of a ( that season) champion team, winning a title through a few knock out stages isn't the ultimate RL accolade.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 29 Aug 2018, 14:13

JIN JER wrote:Why not celebrate, in my eyes winning the league leaders shield over a full season is the sign of a ( that season) champion team, winning a title through a few knock out stages isn't the ultimate RL accolade.
I agree 100%, problem is 98% of the RL people don't. Inc rat boy

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Aug 2018, 14:52

Flat Capper wrote:Whilst I've done no research to confirm, I'd like to think the celebrations for the LLS, including presentation and fireworks, is organized by the administrators of the Super League and not the clubs themselves. In which case, there's no reason to target any club for doing so.

I'll happily celebrate Les Cats losing their grip on the Challenge Cup next year if Tomkins wants to join me..?
i think you're correct fc. its sky who stress the importance of the shield and in previous years when things have been tight they've paid for the helicopter to hover between clubs. i don't think our form dipped after the presentation it was just the grand final we lost with all the zh disruption having a huge impact.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 29 Aug 2018, 17:32

Don’t let anybody tell you the shield isn’t important. Of course it is. Supporters of teams that have never won it or likely to win it will tell you it’s worth nowt as will supporters of the big four that expect to win it every year. Now that a team of imposters have won it they will have you believe its no great achievement when in reality it’s up there with the other two trophies up for grabs not least for the 150 grand that comes with winning it. I fully expect Saints to celebrate winning it in style and so they should as they have been the best side in the comp this year by some distance, as were we last year. Just finally I don’t give a toss what people think about it’s importance. To me and most other Cas fans it meant the world to win it and still does. If we win the grand final they’ll start telling us that’s worth nowt neither!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Aug 2018, 17:42

It's worth £100k.

For a club like ours that's significant. Just a shame they removed the WCC from others, which I'm still bitter about. That felt a bit underhand to me. Really they should have either helped with costs getting us out there or given us a place this season as the 3rd team instead to compensate us for the lack of what would have been a certain money spinner for the club
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 29 Aug 2018, 20:06

HuddsTigers wrote:It's worth £100k.

For a club like ours that's significant. Just a shame they removed the WCC from others, which I'm still bitter about. That felt a bit underhand to me. Really they should have either helped with costs getting us out there or given us a place this season as the 3rd team instead to compensate us for the lack of what would have been a certain money spinner for the club
I'm still bitter that we wern't involved in the WCC and that they ( the RFL ) allowed wigan and hull to go do their own thing - just because wigan had no chance of going to Australia if they didnt. That was laughable league leaders shield winners not involved but lower placed teams were - our players deserved to go and had earned the right to go but never got the chance - lets see if Saints are involved this year?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 30 Aug 2018, 09:49

A team should celebrate every win but to win cup we've never done before is special. We had to beat 11 clubs over a season to win it not 4 teams including whitehaven.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 30 Aug 2018, 12:20

Leon Pryce on twitter also saying the league leaders means nothing...

"Having won the shield more times than I can remember I can honestly say they mean nothing to me or any player I played with. The GF ring is the only thing that matters"

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Aug 2018, 13:59

BigBez10 wrote:Leon Pryce on twitter also saying the league leaders means nothing...

"Having won the shield more times than I can remember I can honestly say they mean nothing to me or any player I played with. The GF ring is the only thing that matters"
That's akin to winning the Postcode lottery and saying it meant nothing cos it wasn't the Euro Millions...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Aug 2018, 18:05

pryce is just as big a richard as ratboy.
jo brand is eddie warings love child