Ratboy and his 9 lives

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Spanishtiger
Verified

Ratboy and his 9 lives

Post by Spanishtiger » 16 Oct 2018, 01:36

Ratboy and his mate Leuluai get away with it.

According to my Google feed Tomkins and Leuluai have both been retrospectively banned for 1 game each, in each case for foul play. Tomkins knees to the head, Leuluai dangerous contact.

2 questions here, the first is how come that even though the wire guy was down for ages the video ref never said a dicky? This after we've all become accustomed to plays being reviewed by the VR when a player stays down...

2nd question, how come the pair of them can serve their bans during the pre-season friendlies?

To quote an old friend of ours "I can't spake".

Spanishtiger
Verified

Re: Ratboy and his 9 lives

Post by Spanishtiger » 16 Oct 2018, 01:37

Answers on a postcard to RFL.haven't a clue.com

Surely anything that merits a ban should have been at least a sin bin at the time. Which multiplied by two would probably have changed the outcome of the GF. If I was Warrington I'd be preparing to sue the RFL/SL for loss of prize money.

Our game is becoming a laughing stock, one week someone gets sent off and 2 weeks later nobody sees the same offence, even though we all saw it 18 times on the replay. At the same time we have pro teams that can't get 17 players for an important game.

Plenty of work to do Dick n Ralph.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 16 Oct 2018, 01:48

And where does this garbage that the 2 players can serve their bans during pre-season come from? Not much of a punishment is it?

Ah yes, you Sam, you deliberately kneed somebody in the head in the most important game of the season, televised on main event and later on BBC.

Well it's time to pay your dues young man, you must spend an extra week in Malaga, and miss the pre-season friendly at Swinton in January. The same for you Thomas my lad.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Oct 2018, 08:18

Clubs can ask that bans are served in pre-season friendlies (max of two) - has to be granted by the RFL though.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Oct 2018, 09:18

How is this different from any other week? Players always get bans for stuff they could/should have been sinbinned for
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Oct 2018, 10:04

Ratboys was a red. He does it all the time, normally when the opposition are scoring.

Leului has been cautioned and banned before this year and still gets one match. Same offence again.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 16 Oct 2018, 15:13

Absolutely, he has got a real vile, malevolence in his game, we have seen it may times!! he knew exactly what he was doing on saturday night, he just cant help himself, i said this on saturday and all i got(from fans of mainly wigan) was charnley's shin in the face of the french lad was just has bad, NO IT WASN'T!! charnley was genuinely trying to stop and barely touched him, tomkins knocked clarke out cold and we had idiots like hemmings just brushing it off has an accident and making out that it was nothing!! ... tomkins is a vile individual, especially now his talent is fading.