rugby league president

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

rugby league president

Post by flow » 13 Dec 2018, 00:55

strange one tony adams appointed as new rugby league president would prefer somebody who has played game like are great Malcom reilly who do other people think would have being worthy to full this role :-k :-k

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: rugby league president

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Dec 2018, 09:17

Bit of a misleading title in my opinion, but I believe he's going to be working to raise the profile of mental health, wellness and resilience for the players and game. His charity Sporting Chance, who have become closely linked to Rugby Leagues welfare programme has helped over 400 players since the RFL entered in to a partnership with the charity. He's done a few seminars with Super League teams too I believe.

All voluntary too. I guess he's giving back to sport after it's given back to him and helped him through his demons.

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 13 Dec 2018, 10:05

flow wrote:strange one tony adams appointed as new rugby league president would prefer somebody who has played game like are great Malcom reilly who do other people think would have being worthy to full this role :-k :-k
I think it's supposed to be more of an embassador type role.. Used to be a royal that did it although not sure what they brought as I have never heard of anything they have done for rugby league. Can see why they've appointed someone from outside the game as an RL legend is not likely to be known across the country. Also as already mentioned he has done some work for rugby league through the sporting chance clinic

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Dec 2018, 13:20

Can anyone explain the RL role currently in the stewardship of Prince Harry?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Dec 2018, 15:58

Flat Capper wrote:Can anyone explain the RL role currently in the stewardship of Prince Harry?
Party Planner???

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 13 Dec 2018, 16:38

Well I've heard precious little about RL from the Mayor of Manchester in the last year & Tony Adams is more likely to reach the wider sporting public than a second rate politician or minor royal so I think its a reasonable appointment.