Wakefield v london

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Wakefield v london

Post by SuffolkTiger » 03 Feb 2019, 19:44

Tiger53 wrote:Seems a bit like gloating to me and I’m as happy as anyone to see WT come unstuck.

As far as fact are concerned though, you’ve got a team at home who have just come up and will be throwing everything they’ve got against there more established opponents that have made several significant changes to the squad they had last year. London’s test is to keep the momentum going and whether you would get the same result half a dozen games in is open to conjecture.

Personally, I wasn’t particularly surprised by the result. I don’t think London will be quite the rubbing rags that a lot of people expect them to be and equally I’m sure Wakefield will improve (unfortunately).
The only thing resembling gloating is on the "all things tiger" page - although the thread was started by a WT fan.

Ironic.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Feb 2019, 20:44

don't know how to do links but it sounds as if some wakey fans let the club down badly. rlfansbronco's reporting threats to match officials and racial abuse. loud firework let off and seats ripped out of temporary stands. one poster seems to think all visiting northern clubs will act the same and thats whats holding their attendances back. lets make sure we're on our best behavior when we visit.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 04 Feb 2019, 01:48

lurcher wrote:don't know how to do links but it sounds as if some wakey fans let the club down badly. rlfansbronco's reporting threats to match officials and racial abuse. loud firework let off and seats ripped out of temporary stands. one poster seems to think all visiting northern clubs will act the same and thats whats holding their attendances back. lets make sure we're on our best behavior when we visit.
Also acting like idiots in the local pubs. It may only be a minority but i’m afraid Wakey have an unsavoury reputation these days.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 04 Feb 2019, 10:38

Pity about the seats been ripped out. I like to sit down at games these days and with our visit to London their next home game I hope they get it sorted.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Feb 2019, 11:07

Tigerade wrote:Pity about the seats been ripped out. I like to sit down at games these days and with our visit to London their next home game I hope they get it sorted.
Wakey fans ripped sits out of the stand ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Feb 2019, 12:20

I heard some bad reports. I hope they don't treat all fans badly after this, we'll be taking a few. I'm looking forward to it