joel tompkins

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

joel tompkins

Post by lurcher » 10 Feb 2019, 00:22

in a bad way in hospital after a challenge from blake austin when he was on the floor. austin got 10 minutes but may be looking at a ban. if he gets more than 1 game he misses out against us.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: joel tompkins

Post by old cas lass » 10 Feb 2019, 00:31

lurcher wrote:in a bad way in hospital after a challenge from blake austin when he was on the floor. austin got 10 minutes but may be looking at a ban. if he gets more than 1 game he misses out against us.
Don’t he have to get 3 game ban to miss out when we play them.
London hull Kr then Warrington.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Feb 2019, 01:13

correct, i've forgotten london game

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Feb 2019, 09:04

lurcher wrote:correct, i've forgotten london game
Age is that pal ;)

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 10 Feb 2019, 10:09

Cant really see much on the highlights, he comes in with a swinging arm on Tomkins whos on the ground but the camera angle is from behind so you cant see any contact. Obviously there was contact because hes injured n gone to hospital but without any evidence he might get away with it unless theres more camera angles.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Feb 2019, 10:43

Can't see nothing wrong in it if I'm honest. See link below of apparent incident. May look worse from a different angle?

https://twitter.com/wire_fans/status/10 ... 64928?s=19
🐯 COYF!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 10 Feb 2019, 13:22

Obviously the officials saw something else Austin wouldn't have been binned

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Feb 2019, 19:41

Unfortunately officials are not always right.
🐯 COYF!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Feb 2019, 13:43

From the clip I've seen, Tomkins is on his knees but may not be 'technically' tackled and as such the defending team has a right to complete the tackle.

There are many instances where a defender has come in with a swinging arm on a player still trying to move. For me it is all a question of whether the swinging arm is a deliberate attack to the head and if so, a suitably long ban should ensue.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Feb 2019, 14:05

Flat Capper wrote:From the clip I've seen, Tomkins is on his knees but may not be 'technically' tackled and as such the defending team has a right to complete the tackle.

There are many instances where a defender has come in with a swinging arm on a player still trying to move. For me it is all a question of whether the swinging arm is a deliberate attack to the head and if so, a suitably long ban should ensue.
Hastings got 2 matches for doing the same at the end of last season. Just enough to ensure the whinos didn't have to play against him and ensuring they weren't in the million pound game.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Feb 2019, 18:23

No charge for Austin
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Feb 2019, 18:36

Scott Taylor got sighted twice in game against us, anyone see what he did i must of missed both hes facing a 1match and a 2match ban
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 11 Feb 2019, 19:08

jackknife wrote:Scott Taylor got sighted twice in game against us, anyone see what he did i must of missed both hes facing a 1match and a 2match ban
Dangerous contact with maccas knee?

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 12 Feb 2019, 13:37

TT Tiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:Scott Taylor got sighted twice in game against us, anyone see what he did i must of missed both hes facing a 1match and a 2match ban
I didn't see much wrong with the tackle tbf, and Macca said the same. Was just unlucky how it happened and thankfully Paul seems fine.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Feb 2019, 17:15

takethetwo wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
I didn't see much wrong with the tackle tbf, and Macca said the same. Was just unlucky how it happened and thankfully Paul seems fine.
Likewise so I understand why the Codhead's are a tad unhappy at the ban(s).

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Feb 2019, 21:40

powell said last night that both taylors tackles were very naughty. said its what put mitch clarke out for 6 weeks.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Feb 2019, 21:55

Guys,

There is no place for thuggish cheap shot behaviour in this great sport of ours as it is really hard on player's bodies with fair hard tackles already without trying to intentionally injure and maim opposition players and to accept this is shameful on those of you who accept this as part of the game. There are plenty of ex players who have finished up with hip replacements for example from wear and tear and some slower to communicate after the amount of stiff arms they have received.

This latest incident with Blake Austin is regrettable that he has escaped with no action as it must be apparent to all that , even though there is no vid on him making actual contact with Tomkins head, it can be clearly seen he is going around his torso and laying into the upper part of Tomkins and the end decisive result is a serious concussion which in my mind is conclusive enough to warrant a ban. Every player should have due diligence not to intentionally maim any player as this could result in his livelihood and his family suffering for years as a result.

Even though Tomkins is considered an unpleasant character,it does not justify players taking other players heads off. he has a family like all of us and it's their nearest and dearest who have to pick up the pieces.

Some of you need to take a good look at yourselves as to whether you are existing for good human practises or for bad !

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Feb 2019, 13:20

thre is a still shot on the hkr board that shows his knee making contact with tomkins head.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 14 Feb 2019, 14:31

lurcher wrote:thre is a still shot on the hkr board that shows his knee making contact with tomkins head.
And from that, the question for me is whether it looks a deliberate act or merely accidental and I would hope the disciplinary committee have viewed all angles to form a realistic decision.

If it was viewed as an accident then there may not be sufficient grounds for further disciplinary action.

However, as I stated previously, if it is clear that the action was a direct attack to a players head, Austin should've been dealt with more severely.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 14 Feb 2019, 18:27

Flat Capper wrote:
lurcher wrote:thre is a still shot on the hkr board that shows his knee making contact with tomkins head.
And from that, the question for me is whether it looks a deliberate act or merely accidental and I would hope the disciplinary committee have viewed all angles to form a realistic decision.

If it was viewed as an accident then there may not be sufficient grounds for further disciplinary action.

However, as I stated previously, if it is clear that the action was a direct attack to a players head, Austin should've been dealt with more severely.
I agree with you FlatCapper - it was an attack to the head region and not to the body so for me it was intent and needed a lengthy ban being administered - It's obvious when Tomkins finished up with a bad concussion - it's black and white to me !