Salford to rebuild 2020

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Salford to rebuild 2020

Post by Bolton-tiger » 12 May 2019, 09:28

7 of their bigger and better signings might be getting picked of by other clubs so theyll lose alot of quality.ian wattson wasnt happy at weekend saying his players are more bothered about sorting out their futures than playing good rugby now

https://www.facebook.com/13763247293545 ... 273082247/

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Salford to rebuild 2020

Post by tigerfeat » 12 May 2019, 12:51

Hope we sort out Evalds and Hastings ...said tongue in cheek goodness me how a couple of those kind of players in are team would sort our attack out..which as now almost ground to a complete holt five drives and hope either wattsy or Cooky can barge over or cross kick to corner hoping for bit of luck
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 12 May 2019, 13:13

Spot on tigerfeat both those 2 would be awesome right bout kicking to corners too hoping for luck my hearts in my mouth everytime one goes up

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 12 May 2019, 13:35

tigerfeat wrote:Hope we sort out Evalds and Hastings ...said tongue in cheek goodness me how a couple of those kind of players in are team would sort our attack out..which as now almost ground to a complete holt five drives and hope either wattsy or Cooky can barge over or cross kick to corner hoping for bit of luck
Hastings will go nrl or to a big offer over here, sadly won't be us

We should have tried for Evalds last year
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 12 May 2019, 16:25

the machine wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Hope we sort out Evalds and Hastings ...said tongue in cheek goodness me how a couple of those kind of players in are team would sort our attack out..which as now almost ground to a complete holt five drives and hope either wattsy or Cooky can barge over or cross kick to corner hoping for bit of luck

Wigans thrown money at him with a 3 year deal.they are going to be spending big to get back to the top next year.bibby seems like he would be a good pick up

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 May 2019, 15:23

Salford getting Pauli Pauli from the Polecats with Junior Sau going the other way. Sounds like a decent deal. Didn't Junior Sau turn us down a couple of years ago ?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 May 2019, 15:43

the machine wrote:

I’m still split on Hastings. Some days I think we should be all in for him. He’s a class act.
But, and it’s a big BUT.......
We’ve seen what happens when a squad has three half backs who all expect to be playing if they are fit. We’ve got Gale and Trueman. I know Gale might not be the same player when he returns from injury. I know Trueman hasn’t been on form lately. But they are our club’s first choice half back pairing. Who misses out for Hastings? Maybe he’s better than both of them (though I don’t think he’s as good as Gale IF he returns as the same player he was), but both Gale and Trueman have long contracts.
I think I’ve commented on here before - maybe Hastings can play at 13. But that would require a completely different set-up and it could be a case of “too many cooks”.
Salford tried rotating half backs when the had Dobson, Smith and Chase. It didn’t end well for any of them and it gave the team no consistency.
You’ve also got to consider the salary cap. We’re crying out for a top winger. Can we afford three highly-paid halves in the squad?
Ultimately, Wigan’s need is much greater than ours. Consequently, they will offer him more money.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 14 May 2019, 17:46

Tigerade wrote:Salford getting Pauli Pauli from the Polecats with Junior Sau going the other way. Sounds like a decent deal. Didn't Junior Sau turn us down a couple of years ago ?
Thats a great deal for salford that id take pauli pauli to replace clark.sau is past his best now so wakey for me have the worst part of this,good bit of buisness by salford

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 May 2019, 18:02

Tigerade wrote:Salford getting Pauli Pauli from the Polecats with Junior Sau going the other way. Sounds like a decent deal. Didn't Junior Sau turn us down a couple of years ago ?
Only for a months loan then both going back
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 May 2019, 18:09

Why don't we do a bit of wheeling and dealing try and freshen things up
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi