Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Wakefield

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jul 2019, 06:55

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Nervous times over the common.
On one hand, I wouldn’t want Wakefield to go down. I’ve always said that Cas and Wakefield benefit each other, particularly in terms of attendances.
On the other hand, I remember 2006.
And if they go down, there are a few good players who could find a home at Cas. And we can take Alex Walker who has signed for them too.
Didn’t they send us down in 2004 as well?
Yeah, we needed to win and Widnes needed to lose.

We lost at H to Wakefield and Widnes won anyway so we still would have gone down.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jul 2019, 06:59

Swagger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Swagger wrote:
Brummietiger wrote:Just how poor are they!! London may just survive another season.
London have to win 3 from 7. Not sure how they will do that to jump above Wakey.
They play Wakey, Leeds and KR.

Also play Saints who are resting 9 or so first teamers. London’s Destiny is in their own hands, and the way Wakey are going, they could have comparable PD’s soon too!
Still don't think they will win 3 games. Hull KR and Leeds will be too much I believe.
They only need 3 if PD is too high to claw back. Wakey have a 133 point advantage in that regard. A few more tonkings for Wakey and that could quite easily be wiped out and bear in mind they play each other last day of the season. If London win that by say 18 points, it goes from 133 to 97

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jul 2019, 07:22

If I was in charge at Wakey id be giving Shaune Wane a ring see what he's doing for a few weeks
It looks like theve stopped playing for each other and certainly Chester they won't get back in super league anytime soon if they finish bottom same as Huddersfield or even ourselves for that matter
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Jul 2019, 08:24

London or Wakefield to stop up if i had my choice it would certainly be Wakefield if their replacement is Toronto i dont see what they will do to help the game over here

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Jul 2019, 08:35

Miller, who's meant to be their key halfback and captain is absolute garbage, dropped so much ball in key positions, they had no chance. Pauli Pauli is the laziest player I've seen for some time, cost them 4 tries last night, absolute criminal.

This is meant to be Wakefields best side for a decade, even putting Tom Johnston back in that team right now wouldn't change anything.

Fifita, Tanginoa and Tupou the only stands outs for me in that team.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jul 2019, 08:48

Old vultures will soon start hovering over a few of there players unless they get a win from somewhere fairly quick
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Jul 2019, 09:52

gateman wrote:London or Wakefield to stop up if i had my choice it would certainly be Wakefield if their replacement is Toronto i dont see what they will do to help the game over here
Toronto Certainly bring slot more money,TV and sponsorship opportunities than wakefield would offer
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 19 Jul 2019, 11:52

the machine wrote:
gateman wrote:London or Wakefield to stop up if i had my choice it would certainly be Wakefield if their replacement is Toronto i dont see what they will do to help the game over here
Toronto Certainly bring slot more money,TV and sponsorship opportunities than wakefield would offer
....and bring zero in from "away support" reciepts, and Cas supporters are expected to fork, out £100`s if they want to watch them in Toronto.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Jul 2019, 12:58

stuey wrote:
the machine wrote:
....and bring zero in from "away support" reciepts, and Cas supporters are expected to fork, out £100`s if they want to watch them in Toronto.
So how come many in the championship have had some of their best attendances when they entertain the Wolfpack?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Jul 2019, 13:23

Same for everybody - not just Cas fans. No SL club should rely on away supporters to make the numbers up. It's up to us to grow our own fan base.

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 19 Jul 2019, 14:41

stuey wrote:
the machine wrote:
So we miss out on what exactly? London bring next to no away support wakey may bring what 1000 at most? Maybe 15k per year if we're lucky. As opposed to a potential North American tv deal that will bring certainly more than that

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Jul 2019, 18:03

heritage1926 wrote:Miller, who's meant to be their key halfback and captain is absolute garbage, dropped so much ball in key positions, they had no chance. Pauli Pauli is the laziest player I've seen for some time, cost them 4 tries last night, absolute criminal.

This is meant to be Wakefields best side for a decade, even putting Tom Johnston back in that team right now wouldn't change anything.

Fifita, Tanginoa and Tupou the only stands outs for me in that team.
they saw some thing in miller that i didn't when they extended his contract. he's dragging some good players down to his level.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Jul 2019, 19:10

dancas88 wrote:
stuey wrote:
the machine wrote:
So we miss out on what exactly? London bring next to no away support wakey may bring what 1000 at most? Maybe 15k per year if we're lucky. As opposed to a potential North American tv deal that will bring certainly more than that
Exactly
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 20 Jul 2019, 16:39

where does this nonsense come about a north american tv deal. Competing against hockey, football, baseball - all of which are national sports - can we really suggest that a minority sport in which the team has only just potentially entered the top division is going to attract a major tv deal - i very much doubt it

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 20 Jul 2019, 17:43

St Albans tiger wrote:where does this nonsense come about a north american tv deal. Competing against hockey, football, baseball - all of which are national sports - can we really suggest that a minority sport in which the team has only just potentially entered the top division is going to attract a major tv deal - i very much doubt it

If Toronto do get sponsorship, or a tv deal, both unlikely, the money generated will not come to Castleford, but just go to the club. I can not see how any of the other SL clubs will benefit.

Toronto in SL means £20,000 less income per season from "away support" gate reciepts. At least a 1000 less supporters paying £20 a time, than most of the other SL clubs. Probably a lot more than that, in some cases.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Jul 2019, 18:19

If Toronto do get in SL, there is a belief that they don’t get a portion of Sky money.

In which case the question is whether all the clubs get their share of £1.65m (£150,000 each).

New York have already got a TV deal lined up by all accounts.

And Toronto already have a tv deal over there. Whether it can generate financial income I don’t know but if it does, then we have a decision to make on whether we pool broadcasting deals together and split the money.

If it’s under what Sky give current clubs then the others will be fine for that to happen but as soon as it gets above £1.65m, clubs will probably kick up a stink.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Jul 2019, 20:21

HuddsTigers wrote:If Toronto do get in SL, there is a belief that they don’t get a portion of Sky money.

In which case the question is whether all the clubs get their share of £1.65m (£150,000 each).

New York have already got a TV deal lined up by all accounts.

And Toronto already have a tv deal over there. Whether it can generate financial income I don’t know but if it does, then we have a decision to make on whether we pool broadcasting deals together and split the money.

If it’s under what Sky give current clubs then the others will be fine for that to happen but as soon as it gets above £1.65m, clubs will probably kick up a stink.
Old wives tale. If Toronto make it to superleague they will be eligible to the same tv payments as every other team. Their payment to clubs to fund travel etc also ends. There is no guaranteed deal from the Canadian side at this point either and if it comes about it won’t worth be a fortune anyway.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Jul 2019, 21:46

If Sonny bill has signed for Toronto next year, you just watch the crowd at Cas grow for that!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jul 2019, 21:58

This Wakefield thread began on all things tigers now it has morphed into a Toronto thread.
The cost of the away fixture will cost clubs tens of thousands and if you played them twice.
February the temperature can be a bit colder than Odsal Top.
Expansion yes but look at the cost implications.
The logistics and cost make no economic sense.
But Redhall and common sense are not even on nodding terms.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 20 Jul 2019, 22:28

I think as the fixture list has fallen Sky would love another Million pound match up (Wakefield v London last game).

Despite their form i reckon Wakefield will find another win from somewhere,probably after Carter shows Chester the door.