19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Stadium Update

Post by lurcher » 20 Apr 2017, 23:24

passed today and some security guys were patrolling the site. that's the first time I've seen any so maybe some expensive equipment arriving soon.

just a quick question, who gets the money for the extracted coal? I'm guessing lateral.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 21 Apr 2017, 09:33

I would think it is Lateral Lurcher.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 21 Apr 2017, 12:10

HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:People pay far too much attention to dates.
The CEO gets dragged into saying what the fans want to hear and frankly its out of the clubs hands.

This is a long road and there may well be many twists and turns before arriving.

Coal extraction has now come back to haunt us and if that's running till April 2018 you have to say at least another 3 years .
The biggest concern to me is the 10 million budget to build has to be at least 30/40% out by now.
If following BREXIT we do have a slow down in retail/leisure etc we may have a further delay.

Its really hard for fans who want this to happen. I do for the sake of revenue and facilities because it will never have an atmosphere the same as we currently have.
For now enjoy the special times we are having because this could be the year of the Tiger.

robbo
Robbo, the groundworks will be completed by the end of 2018. A year to build everything. We'll be in in 2020. The funding is already secured.
with the greatest respect that's not going to happen
1) You are suggesting we start building in January 2019 !!!!!
2) You suggest all building is done in 12 months ?

That includes getting a playing surface down ready for February.

THAT SIMPLY CANNOT HAPPEN.

The timescales are far too tight.
Talk to a project manager and see if this is possible.

Setting these dates leads to frustration.

The funding issue ........well that's another story but you are 100% wrong.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 21 Apr 2017, 12:28

You are wrong - I am right. Anyone else spot a trend

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 21 Apr 2017, 12:39

St Albans tiger wrote:You are wrong - I am right. Anyone else spot a trend
No, you must be wrong! ](*,)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Apr 2017, 12:58

Robbo wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:People pay far too much attention to dates.
The CEO gets dragged into saying what the fans want to hear and frankly its out of the clubs hands.

This is a long road and there may well be many twists and turns before arriving.

Coal extraction has now come back to haunt us and if that's running till April 2018 you have to say at least another 3 years .
The biggest concern to me is the 10 million budget to build has to be at least 30/40% out by now.
If following BREXIT we do have a slow down in retail/leisure etc we may have a further delay.

Its really hard for fans who want this to happen. I do for the sake of revenue and facilities because it will never have an atmosphere the same as we currently have.
For now enjoy the special times we are having because this could be the year of the Tiger.

robbo
Robbo, the groundworks will be completed by the end of 2018. A year to build everything. We'll be in in 2020. The funding is already secured.
with the greatest respect that's not going to happen
1) You are suggesting we start building in January 2019 !!!!!
2) You suggest all building is done in 12 months ?

That includes getting a playing surface down ready for February.

THAT SIMPLY CANNOT HAPPEN.

The timescales are far too tight.
Talk to a project manager and see if this is possible.

Setting these dates leads to frustration.

The funding issue ........well that's another story but you are 100% wrong.

Robbo

With all due respect, the one Waystone was building had a build time of 40-odd weeks. And 2020 is a big long year of 12 months too Robbo. So, yes, I believe the timeframes are completely feasible.

The quote is that we'll be in for 2020, not necessarily for the start of 2020. And yes, once building commences and the structure starts taking shape, the pitch can be marked out and sewn in, I'm sure of that.

I would also point out that for the Langtree Park stadium it took 14 months including groundworks (August 2010 to October 2011). As the groundworks are being done in 2018 for the entire site, I'd expect the timetable to be considerably less for a ground of a smaller size.

Halliwell-Jones Stadium had a build time schedule of 45 weeks.

Moreover, as the planning application is for the entire site, it's talking about the timetable for the entire site groundworks being completed. There is no information to suggest that building cannot take place on the stadium side while the rest of the retail site is prepared.

The funding is is in place - it has been underwritten a pension fund. This was in the planning application.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 21 Apr 2017, 14:15

To back up Hudds above.

Also pretty certain that the Chesterfield football stadium (which I think is of a similar size and shape) had a build timescale of 48 weeks.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 21 Apr 2017, 15:10

The Fox wrote:To back up Hudds above.

Also pretty certain that the Chesterfield football stadium (which I think is of a similar size and shape) had a build timescale of 48 weeks.
Do we expect a 4 year build then. I have seen and been involved in larger constructions than this and if the right people are in charge of the completion, there should be no problem.
Rome wasn't built in a day, but if I had been in charge it would have been.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Apr 2017, 15:21

a few years ago I was doing deliveries to some new schools that were being built and without exception it was the pitches that were started first. to let them settle and bed in.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 21 Apr 2017, 16:05

lurcher wrote:a few years ago I was doing deliveries to some new schools that were being built and without exception it was the pitches that were started first. to let them settle and bed in.
Correct lurcher, were these schools in the Barnsley area, if so these were the ones I was involved with, then moved over to the dark side on schools there , and playing fields were the first thing to get going so as they were ready when construction was completed.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Apr 2017, 17:20

Barnsley/Sheffield/Rotherham mate.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Apr 2017, 17:26

fast hands wrote:

Do we expect a 4 year build then. I have seen and been involved in larger constructions than this and if the right people are in charge of the completion, there should be no problem.
48 weeks (11 months), not 48 months ;) :lol:

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 21 Apr 2017, 19:11

Regarding the coal extraction. How many tonnes are we talking about ? Is it surface coal, deep or open cast ? Also what would the market value be ?

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 21 Apr 2017, 19:25

HuddsTigers wrote:
fast hands wrote:

48 weeks (11 months), not 48 months ;) :lol:
WHOOPS !!!

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 21 Apr 2017, 19:45

i also been in construction since i left school a good building team would not take to long to build the ground
but most of any building is the weather which can put you away in front or way behind

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Apr 2017, 00:14

Tigerade wrote:Regarding the coal extraction. How many tonnes are we talking about ? Is it surface coal, deep or open cast ? Also what would the market value be ?
I did hear some where that it was £6 million and that's why I asked who got it. cos that's a long way to paying for the stadium. I suppose it could be that's the value of the coal but it may be minus the opencast costs.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Apr 2017, 02:21

Tigerade wrote:Regarding the coal extraction. How many tonnes are we talking about ? Is it surface coal, deep or open cast ? Also what would the market value be ?
Don't know about tonnes but someone with coal knowledge and former miners may be able to help.

The application says that there are three seams present in the site in a depth less than 30m.

The three seams are Sharlston Muck (average 0.75m thick), Sharlston Low (0.9m average thick) and Sharlston Yard (0.7m thick average).

It says that the plateau work will completely remove the Muck and Low seams. Sounds like the Yard seam isn't being touched.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Apr 2017, 02:39

Reading more, looks like they are only going to a depth of around 10m. And they are only doing it for north part of the site where the retail element is going (possibly stadium too though doesn't mention it).

Don't know the size of the area but it doesn't seem all that much given the respective depth (1.6m) of the coal seams present.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 22 Apr 2017, 08:28

Rotherham United Football Club has unveiled plans for a new 12,000-seat stadium to be built by GMI Construction on the old Guest & Chrimes foundry site in the town centre.

Gleeds is project manager, quantity surveyor and CDM co-ordinator, led by associate director Simon Morris. The stadium is designed by S+P Architects.

GMI managing director Jarrod Best said building Rotherham’s stadium was “an exciting honour".

Site preparation work is planned to start on site in May/June, with stadium construction beginning in July. Completion is scheduled for two years later, in time for the start of the 2012/13 season.

"This is an historic day for Rotherham United Football Club," said club chairman Tony Stewart. "Two years of meticulous planning and hard work have culminated in today's announcement and I am absolutely thrilled with the final designs. This stadium will be an iconic figure right at the centre of Rotherham and its facilities and unique design will stand up against any stadium in the country.

"The stadium will not only benefit this football club but will provide the centre piece of significant regeneration in Rotherham. The supporters of Rotherham United have had to wait a long time for this moment and I can assure them that we are going to build a stadium that everyone in the

This was built by the same builders and took over 2 years.

I will give you a snippet to chew on Hudd...............Have a look at the retailers NOT allowed to go here and guess who is missing?
Anyway apart from the date and timing we mostly agree this will happen.
I just don't want fans to lose faith because we miss another deadline.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Apr 2017, 09:27

And a little bit more digging Robbo would show you that work began in June 2011 and they played their first game there in July 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-so ... e-13710648

Full planning permission sought June 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-so ... e-18937565

First game July 2012.