DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: DRUGS

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2017, 13:47

nottinghamtiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I cant see anyway he stays at cas ..go abroad like barba maybe union i dont know
Barba doesn't have a drugs ban. He was suspended by the NRL.
Hardaker will have a UKAD ban, which applies to all professional sport across the world (almost).
I thought barba got a 12 month ban from the nrl for using cocaine and he still had some of that ban left to serve when he arrived at saints
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 09 Oct 2017, 13:47

Barba tested positive for cocaine and received a 12 game ban.what makes Zak different?should be same punishment no?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-0 ... fmredir=sm

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:54

Scoopage wrote:Barba tested positive for cocaine and received a 12 game ban.what makes Zak different?should be same punishment no?

My assumption would be that this would be the basis of our appeal as the rfl chose to uphold their ban.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2017, 13:56

Scoopage wrote:Barba tested positive for cocaine and received a 12 game ban.what makes Zak different?should be same punishment no?

I think i read somewhere it was one year ban not two because it was in off season but i wouldnt swear on it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:57

Barba tested positive in an internal, out-of competition test. He wasn't given a WADA ban, which would have been applicable to all sports across the world (almost). This is because it wasn't a test carried out under WADA regulations by the ASADA. Even if it had been carried out by ASADA, it would have been an out-of competition test, and Cocaine isn't a banned out-of competition substance.
Hardaker has tested positive in a test by UKAD, which is carried out under WADA regulations. It was an in-competition test and cocaine is a banned in-competition substance.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:02

TT Tiger wrote:

My assumption would be that this would be the basis of our appeal as the rfl chose to uphold their ban.
Barba tested positive 4 days after the gf ie not "in competition". Also Barba was not tested by UKAD,part of WADA but by the NRL's in house team. The rfl's policy seems to be 2 years so that's what Hardaker will get. Same as Hock.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:02

TT Tiger wrote:

Well it will fail.
Barba did not break WADA rules. He tested positive for cocaine in an independent, out-of-competition test.
Hardaker has broken WADA rules. He tested positive for cocaine in a UKAD, in-competition test.
Whilst the substance is the same, the timing of the tests and the organisation that conducted them mean Hardaker has committed a WADA offence, whereas Barba didn't.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:03

Spanishtiger wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:

Barba tested positive 4 days after the gf ie not "in competition". Also Barba was not tested by UKAD,part of WADA but by the NRL's in house team. The rfl's policy seems to be 2 years so that's what Hardaker will get. Same as Hock.
The RFL don't set the punishment as it was a UKAD test. WADA will set the punishment.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:11

2 years then .....

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 14:17

Spanishtiger wrote:2 years then .....
More than likely.
He'll have to have some bloody good extenuating circumstances to get any less.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 09 Oct 2017, 14:23

[quote= Personally, I'd make him clean the toilets and around the club every day for two years on minimum wage. This might make him realise what he has thrown away and not make the same mistake again when he resumes playing.
Then again, it might not.[/quote]

As much as i would love to see him doing odd jobs around the ground on a low wage i doubt his ego (or his agent) will allow it.

To settle an argument i am currently having, Where is Zak from? Ponte,Fev or Knottingley?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Oct 2017, 14:33

The club con not afford to pay ZACS wages when he will not be playing, we signed him up on a four year contact he as broken that contract say good bye to him for two years or any other length of ban he gets then welcome him back when he as served his suspension

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 09 Oct 2017, 15:04

Mysterio wrote:In the fullness of time Zak would be the PERFECT person to get across the message about the horrors of drugs to youngsters. Think about it.

There's a way out of this for everyone and an opportunity to grow as a person - finally - for Zak. Don't just dump him.
Exactly the conversation I've just been having with our lass. I'm with you here 100%. The club are stuck between a rock and a hard place though, as the subject of drugs will always divide opinion.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 16:13

Just wsnt to know why there are a few posts about this saying that Hardaker "Has been unlucky that he got caught". I cant believe anyone could think this at all.

If he doesnt do it he cant get caught. Nothing to do with luck.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 16:16

I think it’s due to fact it is rife

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 16:40

Still cant be seen as "unlucky" surely?

If it is so rife then why arent there loads being "unlucky?"

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 09 Oct 2017, 16:47

Because the short amount of time it stays in the body.

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 09 Oct 2017, 16:58

Having been where Zak is now (although not in the limelight like he is) the club should not give up on him. Yes reduce his wages but don't bin him

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 09 Oct 2017, 17:01

TT Tiger wrote:Because the short amount of time it stays in the body.
When Rangi and Walker both got caught you'd have thought other players would have stayed squeaky clean. Hardaker is the 3rd player in 3 months to be caught and I doubt he'll be the last either.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

TownvillesTiger

Post by TownvillesTiger » 09 Oct 2017, 17:09

As he cited mental issues yet?

At what point does it stop been mental problems and become attitude problems?

Assume everyone on the sniff up town, Ponte, Wakie, Leeds have mental issues too?

He's had chance after chance and blown it, I genuinely thought he had settled down here and grown up, evidently not.

God Im so frustrated, annoyed and gutted with how this as ended and you know what, I'd rather lose it without out him than win it with that petulant, spoilt child.

Christ imagine the uproar had we have won the match and this would have come out today!