DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TownvillesTiger

Re: DRUGS

Post by TownvillesTiger » 10 Oct 2017, 08:04

fords wrote:
Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:
TownvillesTiger wrote:Christ imagine the uproar had we have won the match and this would have come out today!
Exactly TT. The club knew the circumstances and had no option.

Cant believe that some Cas fans that had no idea of what went on kept bleating that Cas should have played him.
What sort of statement is that ? If people didn't know what do you expect them to say. ](*,)
Lets be honest, hand on heart, all of five towns knew from the minute it was announced that it was always going to be drugs...

TownvillesTiger

Post by TownvillesTiger » 10 Oct 2017, 08:05

tallguyx wrote:The bizarre fracas story involving him was a load of rubbish then? And the tactics thing?
A) Drugs
B) Fracas
C) Inappropriate contact,

Id go, all of the above.

TownvillesTiger

Post by TownvillesTiger » 10 Oct 2017, 08:09

Normyford2 wrote:A few online rumours that he isn't the only Castleford player involved. Let's hope it's not true because I have only read that on another forum, but I remember the one about another cas player and presentation night
I overheard a conversation on Saturday of four lads talking about one of their mates/acquaintances who they see see most weekends, they said hes a lovely quiet lad until he gets on the 'dust' then he goes crazy.

Unfortunately said mate started in the Grand Final for Castleford.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Oct 2017, 08:45

Lets hope all these rumours are put to bed the club have had as much bad publicity it can stand , ZAC RANGI and WALKER should give enough warning to any player the enormous consequence's of being a bloody FOOL

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 10 Oct 2017, 09:20

A young player of a super league cub (he only featured a couple of times this season) told me that he has been told that it is common knowledge within the game, 90% of super league players are on some sort of banned substances. He has been offered stuff but he has so far resisted, and hopefully will never take up their offer, but as he stated some of these players would not have the build they have without as he says these' supplements'. Not necessarily cocaine but still a form of cheating.
Also while on the subject, Zak was taking the drug when at the Rhinos, never tested, Leeds knew was that the reason he was offloaded.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 10 Oct 2017, 09:31

It wouldnt surprise me if alot of players are being tested this week. Zak strikes me as the kind of lad who will take as many people down with him as possible.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 10 Oct 2017, 10:34

Is it not a breach of contract if he has failed a drug test? OK we can't write off the fee we paid Leeds but damage limitation and we tear up his contract, we gave him a second chance and he had the world at his feet, do we really owe him any sort of rehabilitation etc?

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 10 Oct 2017, 11:21

Mr XP wrote:Is it not a breach of contract if he has failed a drug test? OK we can't write off the fee we paid Leeds but damage limitation and we tear up his contract, we gave him a second chance and he had the world at his feet, do we really owe him any sort of rehabilitation etc?
Yes it is breach of contract but also have a duty of care. Mind saying that people where I work have been sacked for testing positive for marijuana

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Drugs - wise, wise words...

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Oct 2017, 11:36

He doesn't always get it right - but he is bang on with this....

Worth a watch and a good think about...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41542423

Richall

Post by Richall » 10 Oct 2017, 12:07

I still think there is something strange going on only the BBC said it was cocaine, cas & RFL states a banned substance was found after testing following the Leeds super 8s match which if you all remember zak had to be helped off the field with a painful looking leg injury so my point is has he taken something or been given something for the pain then was told he had to undergo a drug test

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 10 Oct 2017, 12:09

Richall wrote:I still think there is something strange going on only the BBC said it was cocaine, cas & RFL states a banned substance was found after testing following the Leeds super 8s match which if you all remember zak had to be helped off the field with a painful looking leg injury so my point is has he taken something or been given something for the pain then was told he had to undergo a drug test
Not sure Zak would have made a statement like he has if he'd taken pain killing medication.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 10 Oct 2017, 12:22

Yeah my thoughts exactly. He's apologised and spoke about not taking whatever he's taken as an enhancing supplement. So in my mind he's taken something knowingly he shouldn't.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:34

TownvillesTiger wrote:
tallguyx wrote:The bizarre fracas story involving him was a load of rubbish then? And the tactics thing?
A) Drugs
B) Fracas
C) Inappropriate contact,

Id go, all of the above.

So would i , he has a history of all 3

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:35

Tiger53 wrote:
therailwayendisnigh wrote:
Normyford2 wrote:A few online rumours that he isn't the only Castleford player involved. Let's hope it's not true because I have only read that on another forum, but I remember the one about another cas player and presentation night
This is true unfortunately
Think if it's true that there was a problem after the presentation night (and I keep hearing these rumours too), then there is a lesson for the club in it.

Presentation nights are for when the season has ended, not when it is still going on and there is a game the day after. I know you should be able to trust adults to behave themselves but why take the risk that they won't? You hold the presentation night after the season has finished and if the problem with the booking of the venue then you find another venue.

When you have important games to play that should be the sole focus.

"Presentation nights are for when the season has ended, not when it is still going on and there is a game the day after."

Never understood why we do this

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:37

TownvillesTiger wrote:
I overheard a conversation on Saturday of four lads talking about one of their mates/acquaintances who they see see most weekends, they said hes a lovely quiet lad until he gets on the 'dust' then he goes crazy.

Unfortunately said mate started in the Grand Final for Castleford.
Name them then or keep it to yourself.

All this does is fuel more rumours that we dont need right now

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:42

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Yeah my thoughts exactly. He's apologised and spoke about not taking whatever he's taken as an enhancing supplement. So in my mind he's taken something knowingly he shouldn't.
I agree, he knows he's took the white stuff and got caught. Probably thought he never would as he's got away with it for so long.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:43

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:I hear now that a certain Leeds three quarter has also failed a drugs test. We shall wait and see what comes out.

And who would that be, care to enlighten us all ?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 10 Oct 2017, 12:46

Richall wrote:I still think there is something strange going on only the BBC said it was cocaine, cas & RFL states a banned substance was found after testing following the Leeds super 8s match which if you all remember zak had to be helped off the field with a painful looking leg injury so my point is has he taken something or been given something for the pain then was told he had to undergo a drug test
So what you are saying is the club doctor who will be aware of the entire list of what he can or cant administer and will only have certain painkiller to hand for that very reason has given him something on the banned substance list and basically putting his next 2 at risk....

It says after the Leeds game....
Are you aware they knock on your door at home at any time they see fit?

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 10 Oct 2017, 12:55

ERG2012 wrote:
So what you are saying is the club doctor who will be aware of the entire list of what he can or cant administer and will only have certain painkiller to hand for that very reason has given him something on the banned substance list and basically putting his next 2 at risk....

It says after the Leeds game...

Are you aware they knock on your door at home at any time they see fit?
Well he did advise gaviscon for appendicitis..... :-k :shock: :D

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Richall

Post by Richall » 10 Oct 2017, 13:12

Even more so then If he has been in so much pain you take what you can to ease it we all do it even ibuprofen has traces of thz in it, I just think there's something more when it was walker and ranghi it was announced cocaine open and shut this as been different with first the ban from grand final then no mention of cocaine in the report