Lads in Dublin...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TownvillesTiger

Lads in Dublin...

Post by TownvillesTiger » 10 Oct 2017, 08:34

So the lads are on the end of season doo in Dublin,

No problem with that, what they've achieved this year as been phenomenal and they deserve to celebrate.

However you would have thought they'd have been advised, all things considered, not to flaunt it on social media,

The whole of the town is still recovering from not just the Zak/Drugs story but from the absolute no show at Old Trafford and for me the season appears to have been tarnished slightly.

Sat here eating my Frosties seeing the lads have such a great time Dublin, while I still haven't got over the weekend and it leaves a sour taste for me.....

Or am I being a bit too precious?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Re: Lads in Dublin...

Post by dettoriman » 10 Oct 2017, 08:40

You’ve got to be kidding me.

It’s Mad Monday. All the clubs do the same. They’ve earned a bloody beer this year. Get a grip.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 08:40

I see your point but they are celebrating the season not just Saturday. I dont think its wrong to do whst they are just for one game being bad.

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 10 Oct 2017, 09:15

TownvillesTiger wrote:So the lads are on the end of season doo in Dublin,

No problem with that, what they've achieved this year as been phenomenal and they deserve to celebrate.

However you would have thought they'd have been advised, all things considered, not to flaunt it on social media,

The whole of the town is still recovering from not just the Zak/Drugs story but from the absolute no show at Old Trafford and for me the season appears to have been tarnished slightly.

Sat here eating my Frosties seeing the lads have such a great time Dublin, while I still haven't got over the weekend and it leaves a sour taste for me.....

Or am I being a bit too precious?
First post on here since that shocking performance on Saturday.

TBF I understand what you are saying, it does seem as though they have got over it far quicker than many of the fans.
It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat that hurts.

However, it has been a tremendous season, Saturday aside. So if this is the first step on the healing process, then fair play to them.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 10 Oct 2017, 09:20

People just keep getting on at them after Saturday. Give it a rest. They have every right to be out Mad Monday and celebrate one of the best seasons not only they have had in a team but individually as well.

Some of them go off to the World cup this week too so it's not like they get an official break.

I say good on them. Still enjoying it as a team which shows their bond is still strong after a bad GF.

Get off their case.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 09:38

I don't have a problem with the trip but they deserved to be bagged for the shocking no show Saturday.all the guy said was it appears they seem to have got over it quicker than some fans and it didn't sit well with him.

ellsswfctiger

Post by ellsswfctiger » 10 Oct 2017, 09:45

for the best season ive ever seen.

have as many as you bloody want lads and lets go at it next year.

get a grip.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 10 Oct 2017, 10:00

Working hard since last November, like everyone in full time employment you deserve a great break. Enjoy it boys, every team in the league bar Leeds would swap places with us in a heartbeat.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 10 Oct 2017, 10:16

I don't imagine they all booked flights and hotels on Sunday, will have been planned for a while, win or lose in the GF the boys would have been in Dublin.

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 10 Oct 2017, 10:41

I see your point about social media however I don’t think anything has been put on that could offend anyone. I think the lads deserve every drink that they had and more. My only wish is that I was with them

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 10 Oct 2017, 11:32

Much better than a booze up in ponte. This is away from home and so probably go unnoticed by everybody there. They deserve this after the season we've had.

TownvillesTiger

Post by TownvillesTiger » 10 Oct 2017, 12:08

I think my point was more around the perception of it and it being on social media,

Rather than actually doing it, I did say they deserve it.

You'd (or perhaps just I'd) have imagine someone at the club would have said well done lads, go have a drink but keep it private, keep it low key.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 10 Oct 2017, 12:27

TownvillesTiger wrote:I think my point was more around the perception of it and it being on social media,

Rather than actually doing it, I did say they deserve it.

You'd (or perhaps just I'd) have imagine someone at the club would have said well done lads, go have a drink but keep it private, keep it low key.
In light of recent developments, you have merit in thinking that but the players are like caged animals waiting to pounce only the next match is months away.

A little time off is great for them. I just hoped they don't go looking for beaches with Jesse. It's not like Oz.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 10 Oct 2017, 12:33

Just like Mr XP has put on another thread - we've got some snowflakes around here!! They've had a great season and worked their n*ts off since starting pre season last November right up until last week. I hope they have a great time and I couldn't give a monkeys whether they put it on social media or not - they deserve every minute of it. 'Low Key', after the season they've had, give over! 'Ave a gud 'un lads!

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 10 Oct 2017, 12:43

The guys deserve a break and the photos and videos etc show them having a few drinks and a sing-a-long. To be honest i am glad to see this image, nothing in the photos etc could be deemed as inappropriate behaviour and if anything i feel it shows that we have a normal group of friends who are winding down after a long hard season.

I noticed a lad on the photos that i didn't recognise does anyone know who he is - at first glance i thought it was junior but then i saw a photo of him towering over junior! He looks like he is from the south sea islands

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Oct 2017, 12:45

All I'll say on this is have one for me lads.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2017, 12:50

viva brad wrote:The guys deserve a break and the photos and videos etc show them having a few drinks and a sing-a-long. To be honest i am glad to see this image, nothing in the photos etc could be deemed as inappropriate behaviour and if anything i feel it shows that we have a normal group of friends who are winding down after a long hard season.

I noticed a lad on the photos that i didn't recognise does anyone know who he is - at first glance i thought it was junior but then i saw a photo of him towering over junior! He looks like he is from the south sea islands
Not tagataese is it :dance:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 10 Oct 2017, 13:02

They deserve their break, I’m so proud of what they have achieved, inspite of GF disappointment.
What would you rather they did? Go and lock themselves in a library until 2018? The trip to Dublin will be great for them bonding after the disappointment on Saturday and hopefully they will have got over that, whilst learning from the loss. I get so annoyed at people saying there was a lack of effort, when you can be sure every one of them put 100% effort in, I reckon they maybe even tried too hard, which explains some of the errors.
They can hold their heads high after a season like this, in my eyes, we are the true champions - in any other sport we would have been crowned champions!
I’m not just saying rugby league has got it wrong because we finished top, I’ve said it since Leeds won a few years ago from well down the league.
Well done lads and enjoy your well earned break, come back hitting the ground running and do us proud in 2018!
Danny Boy

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 10 Oct 2017, 13:16

tigerfeat wrote:
viva brad wrote:The guys deserve a break and the photos and videos etc show them having a few drinks and a sing-a-long. To be honest i am glad to see this image, nothing in the photos etc could be deemed as inappropriate behaviour and if anything i feel it shows that we have a normal group of friends who are winding down after a long hard season.

Not tagataese is it :dance:
It's just Jesse and Juniors mate. Possibly a relation.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 10 Oct 2017, 13:30

Its Juniors brother Michael aka big mik
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!