Full Back 2018

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Full Back 2018

Post by lurcher » 13 Oct 2017, 23:10

Oldcasman wrote:
gateman wrote:You are right kb80 but if we don't try them we will never know, every one as to start some ware, Jack Walker didn't look out of place on Saturday a lad called Dagger I think his name is Castleford born who played for Warrington did not look too shabby either when he played down the lane
I remember a young lad playing for cas when he was 16 and was a cracker of a forward Until Jim measures and company knocked the living day lights out of him in a semi final and replay he wasn't the same after that I think you will know who I am talking about duggie Walton R I P
it was in the semi final replay at belle vue v widnes. I may be wrong but I remember doug taking a drop out on the full and coming forward at full pelt. collier and karalius hit him at the same time and I don't think he was ever the same again.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Oct 2017, 08:04

I love watching the under 19s as you say Braytontiger their are some real prospects in the team the investment the club as made is starting to come to fruition finishing 2ND in the league and four lads being picked for GB is no mean achievement , I must give our coach is due he attends most of the under 19s matches maybe he thinks the lads are just not ready, but we will never know until they are given their chance

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 14 Oct 2017, 08:18

Louis Johnson named player of the series for England. Shame he's a back rower with 4/5 blokes in front of him.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Oct 2017, 08:19

gateman wrote:I love watching the under 19s as you say Braytontiger their are some real prospects in the team the investment the club as made is starting to come to fruition finishing 2ND in the league and four lads being picked for GB is no mean achievement , I must give our coach is due he attends most of the under 19s matches maybe he thinks the lads are just not ready, but we will never know until they are given their chance

I don't think it's a matter of their not ready,we never really needed them to step in has we never had a great amount of injuries,let's not forget either they are trying to force their way into the best team in the league had these lads been at say Widnes I think 5/6 could have already made their debut.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Oct 2017, 08:21

Casmoley wrote:Louis Johnson named player of the series for England. Shame he's a back rower with 4/5 blokes in front of him.
That's great news well done to Louis

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Oct 2017, 09:15

Louis improved beyond all recognition towards the back end of the season, I doubted whether he would make it when I first watched him, only young more improvement to come, a big well done Louis

ClassyCas2017

Post by ClassyCas2017 » 14 Oct 2017, 10:35

Will Dagger would have been a perfect replacement, he’s already involved at Cas with the Women's team, but it seems he's signed with Hull KR.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Oct 2017, 10:45

Will dagger was knocked around like a ten pin bowl when he played in the game at cas im not saying hes not going to be a good un in time but he wouldnt be a perfect replacment for hardaker but then zaks one of best in world so it aint going to be easy to get someone to be as good as he was last year should he be banned
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ClassyCas2017

Post by ClassyCas2017 » 14 Oct 2017, 10:58

I've seen the other names mentioned on this thread, and unless Billy Slater wants to backtrack on his contract with Melbourne, there aren't any quality replacements for Zak.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Oct 2017, 11:09

We will have to see what happens with zak but it wont be easy for anyone play as well as he did last season
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Oct 2017, 11:48

The Firm wrote:
fords wrote:I think it's safe to say Eden will not be fullback next year. In fact I'd be unbelievably shocked if he was.

I have my reasons
He wasn’t out with Hardaker was he?
No other things happened with Eden

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Oct 2017, 12:15

fords wrote:
The Firm wrote:
fords wrote:I think it's safe to say Eden will not be fullback next year. In fact I'd be unbelievably shocked if he was.

I have my reasons
He wasn’t out with Hardaker was he?
No other things happened with Eden
that will stop him playing next year ? God i hope not
Vince Lombardi

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 14 Oct 2017, 12:20

Heard today Shentons shoulder giving him a few problems.
No worries for us as he will be fine come February , just wondered if he ruled himself out of England contention like Stevie Ward has .

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 14 Oct 2017, 12:44

You know what makes me sad.. the fact that Ash Robson would have been perfect. He had so much potential. Can't blame him for looking at the bigger picture past rugby league though.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Oct 2017, 13:14

Casmoley wrote:You know what makes me sad.. the fact that Ash Robson would have been perfect. He had so much potential. Can't blame him for looking at the bigger picture past rugby league though.
Agree about young Ash. He was a great prospect, but he did what he thought was right for his own future and the very best of luck to him. Still at York though isn't he?

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 14 Oct 2017, 13:21

lurcher wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
gateman wrote:You are right kb80 but if we don't try them we will never know, every one as to start some ware, Jack Walker didn't look out of place on Saturday a lad called Dagger I think his name is Castleford born who played for Warrington did not look too shabby either when he played down the lane
I remember a young lad playing for cas when he was 16 and was a cracker of a forward Until Jim measures and company knocked the living day lights out of him in a semi final and replay he wasn't the same after that I think you will know who I am talking about duggie Walton R I P
it was in the semi final replay at belle vue v widnes. I may be wrong but I remember doug taking a drop out on the full and coming forward at full pelt. collier and karalius hit him at the same time and I don't think he was ever the same again.
Your right there if I remember correctly the first game was played at Swinton and as you say the replay was at wakie wasn't that the game we could have won by Geoff ward but was tackled with chuck at his side

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 14 Oct 2017, 13:21

derbystiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:You know what makes me sad.. the fact that Ash Robson would have been perfect. He had so much potential. Can't blame him for looking at the bigger picture past rugby league though.
Agree about young Ash. He was a great prospect, but he did what he thought was right for his own future and the very best of luck to him. Still at York though isn't he?

Yes and had a superb season.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Oct 2017, 13:36

Casmoley wrote:
derbystiger wrote:

Maybe a chance of the number 1 shirt may tempt him back?? Or does he need the part time environment for him to be able to dedicate his other time to his business?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 14 Oct 2017, 13:37

derbystiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
derbystiger wrote:

Maybe a chance of the number 1 shirt may tempt him back?? Or does he need the part time environment for him to be able to dedicate his other time to his business?

The latter unfortunately.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 Oct 2017, 14:25

Oldcasman wrote:
lurcher wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
Your right there if I remember correctly the first game was played at Swinton and as you say the replay was at wakie wasn't that the game we could have won by Geoff ward but was tackled with chuck at his side
Jack Gamble alongside, caught by Jim Measures, a forward, but quick!